Saturday, October 31, 2009

Etsy Inspired Challenge DT Sample - Some Inktegrity Projects too!!!

Inspiration Challenge Pieces for Vivicka's Etsy Shop!!!


Happy Mail and Slusser images from Inktegrity





Happy Saturday Everyone!!!

It's time for  Etsy Inspired Challenge DT Projects!!!  This week's EtsyInspired shop is Vivikas.  She has some really cute Owlies as she calls them and lots of other cute creatures too!!!  Now when you are done here do not forget to check out the Etsy Inspired Blog and my Team Mates creations as well!!!






The Etsy Inspired Team:

Ashley (Etsy Inspired Challenge Creator)
De Swanick... Emily Niehaus... Heather Schlatter... Jackie Bowman... Joy Stagg... Kerry Angeles... Kristen Dyer... Lee Murphy... Mandy Chesire (Oct Guest)... Shannon Bracken... Tiffany Johnson...

Prizes for this week!!!!
Now you will want to play along this week because there are 3 Prizes up for crabs!!!  The two from Vivicka's Store will go to one Player in the challenge this week, and the other prize is sponsored by Unity and it is the stamp set you see below so all prizes for this week are just below this paragraph!!!



Red Owl Store Prize


Blue Owl Store Prize comes with the red owl above!!!



Stamp set above will be given away to one of the Winners for this weeks Etsy Challenge want to win??? Then head on over to the Etsy Inspired Challenge Blog to see how to win one of these great project this week!!!!

Moving on here are the cool pieces I picked for my Inspiration this week from















My Personal Inspiration Pieces for my Projects


(Below)
Now when I saw this picture I totally did not see it right I do not know if you can see what I saw but I saw a bird the beak is the blue piece on the edge at the top above the white circle, and the brown thing above what I saw as a beak was feathers sticking out of its head, and The Yellow part was a wing starting by the beak and going to it's tail feathers the piece at the end (bottom of photo) that sticks out, and the orange part looked like a flower to me too!!!!  Can you see what I saw???



This bow so reminded me of the bow on top of Happy Mails head so with the bird above and this bow I had to use Happy Mail for one of the inspiration pieces!!!






Here is Sweet Happy Mail. When I started her coloring and such I had gone out to the Color Throw down Challenge last week and planned to play in the challenge, but I am to late now!!! Bummer!!! So anyway the colors for the challenge last week were Purely Pomegranate and Taken with Teal, and Certainly Celery so this is what I came up with.
I used my very very very favorite SU DSP pack that I would just kill to get more of I only ever ordered one pack of it and I love it and want more really bad, but it is retired now!!! :-(!!!!
So Bali Breeze DSP from SU! The colors are not showing perfect to real life but the card back is Purely Pomegranate, the next layer is Old Olive from that DSP pack, the next layer is Taken with Teal DSP from the same pack, then back to the Old Olive and back one more layer with Purely Pomegranate DSP from the same Bali Breeze pack again.


Happy Mail is colored with my copics in these shades. BG00, BG11, BG32, BG34, RV81, RV83, RV85, and RV89, G20, G21, G24, E31, E35, and C2




I added some Maroon/Plum Dew Drops in two of the corners and then some antique metal brads in two of the corners the layers are popped up using my excess foam and rubber from my stamps and I added some Prima Flowers too!!!  In this side view you can see all of the deminsion the card has.

Here is Slusser I loved how this card turned out I have wanted this small bubbles CB folder for ages and ages because I have seen so so so many people use it in the best ways!!!!!


The papers are SU! Card Stock in Soft Sky, Bashful Blue, and Certainly Celery. The DSP is out of Washington Apple DSP packs all three patterns are. I used my Nesties Lable 9 for the die cut. I used the biggest die for the old olive layer and then traced around the outside and cut that out to make my biggest layer in the Bashful Blue, I do this a lot to get an in between size I either trace the outside or the inside for more layers between the Nestie sizes!!! I also used my Ribbon Tag Nesties set for the ribbon holder that I stamped the Sentiment on. The ribbon is actually Sage Shadow which you would not think would go with these colors but it did and it was upstairs already and I did not want to go find different ribbon I was shocked that it worked because it is a totally different color shade then all the others!!! LOL!!!


Here is Slusser. I colored him in C1, C2, C3, C5, C7, B100, E50, and RV21, (Pail) B00, B02, B24, and B21, G20, G21, and G24.


I made his cheeks by coloring them in after blending the C5, C7, and B100 on his feet then I just took the darker color that was on the tip of the copic after blending such dark colors and made his rosy cheeks only they are rosy black instead of rosy pink!!! LOL!!!



Here is the dimension shot.

I added Bright and Pretty shiny Copper Brads to accent most of the corners and I used my Crop-a-Dile to punch the holes for the brads (to bad that they are not showing up in all their gorgeous glory in the photos!!! I distressed the raised embossing bubbles with Pacific Point SU! ink.

Well I hope you enjoyed the DT samples today, and do not forget to come back tomorrow for our First Ever Inktegrity Blog Hop with the new releases and you are TOTALLY going to love this new set we are releasing you can do so many different things and it fits all kinds of occasions, religions, activities and so much more it is a must have set!!!!

Have a Very Very Very Stampendous Halloween all!!!!  We have to take Piper and Grace (next door neighbor girl and Piper's best friend since she was 3 years old) to a Halloween party from 1pm to 3pm then we are picking them up and heading over to the church where Willow goes to Pre-Kindergarten, and do the Trunk or Treat there from 3:30pm to 4:30pm, then we will head home bunddle up and head out Trick or Treating, and then we will take Piper and Willow to another Halloween Party they have been invited to (At Grace's House) from 7:30 to 9:00pm

So Busy Busy Day today!!!!  Happy Halloween!!!!

Heather

15 comments:

Jackie said...

Your cards are so beautiful Heather! They're both so cute and the images are awesome....nice texture too!!

de said...

Both your cards turned out amazing! I do love all the dimension and texture and the color combos! Of course the images are too darn cute! Love them!

FibreJunky said...

Such cute cards! Have fun on your super busy day today.

Shawne said...

Oh! both of your cards are as fun, colorful and amazing as always and I'm so glad I stopped by because I am now completely in love with Vivika's etsy store!!!

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

This is SOOO cute Heather! I love both cards! You can send that penguin one right to my house! :)

Mandy said...

Aww! So cute, Heather! And it took me a minute, but I did see what you saw! LOL!

Danni said...

Cute cards!

PaperCrafty said...

Fabulous cards Heather!! Love them both!!

Emily said...

sLUSSER SOOOOO CUTE, i LOVE THE COLORS AND COLORING!!!!

Regina said...

hi, Heather
Your cards are absolutely adorable!! Such totally sweet images!

Regina

the whimsical butterfly said...

These are two of my fave cards from you to date, I think! OMG! They are adorable!!! And I LOVE that Unity set that's being given away-I have it!

Cassie said...

another terrific job heather! i love, LOVE that mail birdie one - in fact it's one of my top ten!!
http://toptencreations.blogspot.com/

Kerry said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love the color combinations on both cards!

Tiff said...

WOWzers girl! Your cards are over the top awesome!

Lelia said...

Heather, both of these cards are absolutely adorable!!! I especially love the pink and turquoise one! Great job!

Hugs,
Lelia