Saturday, October 3, 2009

Etsy Inspired Challenge DT sample - I need me some tranquility!!! LOL Calgon Take me Away!!!! LOL!!!

I have no cute title for today???
Like my post title??? Really I do not feel that way at all but one day last week I was really thinking about those commercials that I watched as a kid with the frazzled Mom who says Calgon TAKE me Away!!!! Remember those commercials??? So I got on line and guess what you can still get Calgon and they have this whole yummy smelling and looking bath and body line and I want to buy some some time they have Marsh mellow Cream Bubble Bath and Bath products and Cotton Candy that sounds good to me!!!! LOL!!!
.......
So anyway when I made this card it reminded me of the Calgon because Calgon is supposed to give you Peace right,???? and this card is about Peaceful stuff so anyway maybe I am off in left field here???
.......
So this weeks Etsy Shop is called Fake Sweat Shop. They have these cute little monsters or pets or whatever you would call them we did another shop once that had them and I can not remember which card I made for it!!!
.......
So I actually did another color challenge per say I took the pink hearts on one of the critters and the black base on the other critter and I came up with this mostly Pink and Black Card. I love Geisha Anya she is just gorgeous and I have not created with her for quite a few months so I got her back out!!! The problem is I do not have much Asian themed or Asian feel Card Stock or DSP so I do not have a lot of choice to make my Asian Cards with!!! I guess I need to get my behind out there and find some Asian papers because I actually do have several Asian themed stamps and I love them all!!!
.......
So when you are done here head on out and visit all my team mates it will be fun this week to see what we all come up with!!!
.......
The Etsy Inspired Design Team:
.......
.......
.......
So here is my Asian Themed Card to go with the colors on the critters above!!!
.......
I used my Nesties Labels 2 which if you see my entire Character Cafe Thanksgiving themed decoration and table setting above you can see I am kind of stuck on Labels 2 this week!!! LOL!!! I also used my SU Gerber Daisy Die Cut to make the flowers and I used wide sheer organza shimmery ribbon (my favorite kind of Ribbon to use!!!) I stamped up the sentiment with SU white craft ink and Anya is stamped on NeeNah white paper and colored with Copics.
.......
I colored Geisha Anya with B00, B02 and B05, RV00, RV02, and RV04 and RVO6 and her face is outlined in C1 then left white in the center to give the appearance of White make up on her face. Her hair is colored with C3, C5, C7, and Black100 Copics also RV02, O4 and O6 markers, and B02, 05, 09 markers and the flower is G00, G03 and G08 markers.
Here is a close up of the sentiment again.
.......
I am not sure what the Prize for this week is yet but I am sure if you head over to the NEW Etsy Inspired Blog it is up somewhere there!!! If you want to play along this week then you can go to the store pick an inspiration piece and then make a project of some kind and link it up to the Etsy blog by next Friday at 12Noon PST!!! Random.Brady will then be picking a winner and announcing it on the Etsy Blog!!!
.......
Well Marvin has to go to Church at 8am to give a talk about the Mission Trip he went on earlier this year to help out at an Indian School in Arizona to the 5th and 6th Graders for their fun weekend sleep over at the church, and then at 9am he is going to help one of his co-workers move some concrete or something like that, and then at 10am he is heading to work because Fall Harvest has started and he is working longer days and most Saturdays at least part of the day!!! He has been working at least 60 to 65 hours a week which he always works at least 50 so that is not that much more, but I sure feel it at home he loves it though Harvest time is his favorite time!!! To Bad he is Salaried Management instead of hourly the extra money would be fun to have!!! LOL!!!!
.......
So it will just be me and the kids at home most of the day hope I get some stamping time later!!! Have a very Stampendous Day and don't forget to play along this week too!!!
.......
Heather

13 comments:

Regina said...

Your card is absolutely adorable, Heather!! Love the image you've used and the colouring also.
hugs Regina

StampinCathy said...

This is awesome and so inspiring. Love the colors.
Happy WCMD!

de said...

Love your card Heather! Yea girl, you are out of the loop. :-) LOL, you didn't get in on the 5 or 6 emails that went out amongst the group the other day?! It's fine tho! Like you said, a card on the blog and some Challenge and Shop advertising. There is nothing wrong with that and I LOVE your card! Enjoy your day!!

bluepoohbear75 said...

I love your card. Those colors are great and that image is so sweet. Thanks for sharing and Happy WCMD.

Danni said...

Beautiful card!

Kerry said...

Great card Heather...that pink really pops!

If you're looking for some nice bath stuff you should check out Etsy...there are some amazing scents and products! I always get tempted by the bath and body shops on there!

Happy World Card Making Day!

Lelia said...

Great job, Heather! I love how you colored your Anya! ;O)

Hugs,
Lelia

Ann Kranitz said...

This is just gorgeous Heather!!!!

Sara said...

what a beautiful card! i just love anya stamps :) and those monsters are too cute!!!! thanks for sharing...

thanks for the kind comments-you are so awesome to be on a DT with and i just love your blog-filled with inspiration and ideas :)

have a wonderful night!!!!!

sarabeth

Randi said...

So cute!! I love the colors you used on this!! And her hair is awesome!! So unique! I definitely need to try that!! And the flower with the japanese kanji looks amazing! Such a great idea!!

Nicola said...

Wowzers girl! your colouring is amazing here and what gorgeous colours they are.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Cassie said...

these bright colors are awesome heather --- great choices!!

ScrappingHappy said...

your cards are beautiful