Saturday, October 24, 2009

Etsy Inspired Challenge DT Sample and Challenge entry for Your Next Stamp Company! (Prize Sponser this week!!!)

Pumpkins and Kitty's and

 Houses Oh My!!!



Happy Saturday Everyone!!!!,

I guess my Computer/Internet issues seem to be resolved at the moment a Big Thanks to my sweet friend Jess Diedrich from The Whimsical Butterfly Blog for helping me out with posting what she could for me and notifying people yesterday!!!!!

Now today is of course The Etsy Inspired Challenge Day and guess what this week we have both a really cute Shop called The Little Red Door, but we also have a Prize Sponsor Your Next Stamp Company and they are hosting their 2nd Challenge right now to make a shape card, and it happens to be the Owner Karen's Birthday tomorrow so Happy Birthday!!!!

For all the full details and what the prizes for playing in the challenge this week, and details on how to play and when your entry is due, you will want to head on over to the New Etsy Inspired Blog!!!




The Etsy Inspired Challenge Design Team:




So Here are some of the Inspiration pieces from this weeks shop The Little Red Door's Etsy Shop
















Here is the Particular Piece I took my inspiration from for this weeks project.  I bet a lot of the team picked this piece for the project too!!!  I could be wrong but I bet they did!!!!



So Here is my Card.  I made this card because the Challenge over at our Sponsor for this week (Your Next Stamp) has a challenge to make a shape Card so I thought I would make a pumpkin card and Your Next Stamp was kind enough to send us DT members a few really cute Digi Images so I incoorporated them into my project as well.  The cute friendly witch and the kitty are both Digi images for your next stamp.


 Here is a side view so you can see the card actually is closed at the bottom and opens at the top backwards instead of forwards.  The Sentiment is from one of my new SU! Hostess Sets and the Pumpkin shape I hand drew then cut out to get the pumpkin.


I colored the images up with my copics in C2, C3, RV21, and C5 for the Kitty's  The Witch is colored up with R00, E00, E93, RV21, YG00, YG03, YG09, V00, V12, V04, V17, YR02, YR04, YR09, YR18, G95, E31, and E35.

Well I guess that is about all for me this week I am going to head to bed.  Hubby is taking off for Manhattan Kansas home of Kansas State Univer. tomorrow to go to an Alumni Board Meeting for the House he lived in during college and then meet up with some friends and then on Sunday after church we will be driving to meet Marvin's parents to pick up Tucker he has been gone a week at the Farm with Grandma and Poppy Schlatter, and although my week was very quiet and I felt like I had a huge break because the four mornings that Willow was at school I actually had some time with No Kids and I can not remember the last time I had that probably in July when I went to St. Louis to meet up with my friend there!!!!  Those hours were heavenly, but I really really miss my little boy and his sweet disposition.  He has talked to us a lot on the phone each day and he is having a blast so that is a good thing I guess!!!!  Every day he tells us about the Cows.  He loves being at the Farm and seeing the cows and this time he got to see some Baby Cows out in the pasture imagine a little two year olds excited voice over the phone telling you all about the baby Cows!!!  It is so cute!!!!




Have a Stampendous Saturday Everyone!!!!

Heather

19 comments:

Randi said...

This is SO adorable Heather! I love every detail!! The pumpkin shape card is so cute! I NEED that witch and you colored her so beautifully!! I love the color you used on her cheeks! What color is that??
I love YNS!! I got one of the mermaid sets (of course!) but haven't got to ink it up yet. Seeing your amazing witch is making me want to ink it up right now...but it's well after midnight and I have to get up at 7am. So no midnight stamping for me.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

~*Joni said...

Awww pumpkin! Love this card and YNS has the cutest little images. What a swet idea to do it in this shape, she looks right at home with her two kitties. Are the inspirational pieces salt and pepper shakers? Because they are soooo adorable!! Love it Heather!

Heather "Hev" said...

Hi Heather :)

So happy to have found some time to go blog hopping :)

I am really enjoying going through all your cards you have done lately :) Terrific stuff :)

Have a lovely weekend!!

de said...

Hey lady! This is amazing! So cute! Love your pumpkin card!

StampinCathy said...

Your pumpkin card is just adorable and love the images you used. Thanks for this inspiring eye candy.

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

Super cute and fun Heather! I really love your pumpkin. Way way better than my lowly attempt at making a pumpkin.

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Super cuteness, Heather! LOVE it!

bluepoohbear75 said...

What a cute card. I love the pumpkin shape. Cute images. TFS.

cabio's craft corner said...

How sweet & fun to use a pumpking shape for this cute witch digi. Just in time for Halloween. Awesome card and thank you for joining us at the YNS challenge. Looking forward for seeing you again for the next ones!
Hugs,
Cabio
YNS DT

the whimsical butterfly said...

Sweet! I don't know that I'd have hit this inspiration that headon! You did a fantastic job with it! LOVE it!!!

Kerry said...

Adorable card Heather!

Just to let you know...my sentiment stamp was a $1 find at Michaels but it was one or two years ago so I don't think you could find it now. :(

Karen said...

Great pumpkin card!! Too cute!!Thanks for the birthday wishes and thanks for playing along with YNS challenge #2

Regina said...

hello Heather
what a great pumpkin shape card! This is stunning! You are so clever!
Love the image you've used and the colouring also.

I discovered your new readers! You're a nice daughter!

Enjoy the weekend!
Love and hugs - Regina

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Awww.......what a cute punkin!!!! Just sooo fun!!!

PaperCrafty said...

Super cute Heather!! Love the pumpkin shape!!

Sara said...

Very cute Heather! Glad everthing is working good!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Heather,

I love your pumpkin card and these images. They are great and I love your colouring.

Hugs Ali x

Lana said...

Wow this a super shaped card and perfect with the witch and her 2 buddies!
Thank you for joining us at YNS
Hugs
Lana x

Kerri said...

Oh I love the pumpkin shaped card! So cute with the witch and kitties : ) Thank you so much for playing along with the YNS Challenge!