Friday, October 2, 2009

The Character Cafe New Release October Blog Hop and introduction to our new DT!!!! 5 Part Thanksgiving Invitations to Decorations and Table Settings



A Thanksgiving Invitation
.......
.......
and Decoration Set
Hi Everyone!!!!
.......
Well the time has arrived finally for our First Blog Hop with the New The Character Cafe DT!!!! We have some really really amazingly talented ladies on the DT again this time so I just know you will be wowed on this Blog Hop!!!!  I am so super excited to be moving up to the Sr. DT this term!!!  I know there will be amazing creations along the hop so, I can not wait to get to go around and see what everyone did with the New Release Images!!!!
.......
So Here is the Drill if you started Here then you need to head on out to The Character Cafe web site which used to be the old store but tonight we are launching a new Store so if you go there it will give you a link to the new Store YEA!!!!!! Kendra she has worked very very hard trying to make this all work in time for the Blog Hop!!!!
.......
Now I am the 4th stop in the Hop so you should have been to The Character Cafe web site 1st, then to Sheri "Fink"...Sarabeth...Annamarie "Lola"and then after you finish with my stuff head on out to Dianne's Blog for the next stop on the Hop!!!!
.......
To win the freebies you will need to comment on each stop on the hop and if you want to become a follower of the store web sites then that will get you an extra entry too!!! At the end of the Hop then can use the Code "OctBlogHop" for a 30% discount in the store the discount runs from Friday October 2nd through Friday October 9th so you have pleanty of time to get your favorite Character Cafe Images on a big discount who does not love a discount???
.......
Each DT member will draw one winning name from our Blog Hop comments to win the image we used on our project for the blog hop but remember you have to complete the entire hop to win the prizes!!!!
.......
There will be a freebie image for you all to download somewhere on the hop!!!! Wooo Hooo
.......
• Kendra & Kelly our bosses and the illustrators of these great images will draw one name from the comments at the Cafe blog for the Grand Prize Winner of all the new releases.Note: If the winner has already won a new image from the DT blogs, they can choose 1 from our older images.
.......
So by now you are probably like stop babbling and show us your project right???
.......
Well for this Blog Hop I was assigned the new image Pilgrim Petra and Turkey Tom. It comes with four different versions of the image 3 with different fonts saying Happy Thanksgiving and one with no writing I think I used 3 of the four in my project for this hop!!!
.......
When I saw this images I thought this would be perfect to make up a Thanksgiving Invitation and matching table place setting set so that is just what I did!!!!
.......

My Set starts with an Invitation to come to Thanksgiving Celebration. I also made a place mat, a napkin holder, a Center piece, and a Place Card Holder.  The creations were made with NeeNah Card Stock, Copic Marker, SU! Card Stock, Punches, and Embossing Folders.  For my Adheisive I used this New Glue Called Helmar Craft Glue I LOVE it!!!!  It will be my go to glue now I am sure.  Liquid Glue is my favorite kind of glue and I pretty much do all my projects with Liquid Glue and Glue Dots!!
The colors in the card above are the truer to real colors for some reason the ones below are giving almost a Neon Orange not the more muted Pumpkin Pie Card Stock that I used on all the pieces to this project.

Here is the Invitation above.
......
I used my Labels 2 Nesties for most of the cutouts on these projects but I did use the scalloped large rectangles for the place holder image. If you know me I usually do not end up cutting my images out like this much I usually cut all my images to the lines with scissors, but this time with the three different parts in one image I thought it would work best to cut them out with Nesties.
......
The Card Stock is SU! Pumpkin Pie, and Garden Green, and Brocade Blue, and UID patterned plaid DSP
.......
Here is a close up of Pilgrim Petra and Turkey Tim!!! Are they not totally adorable??? Once again the colors even my copic coloring is showing up much brighter then in the real invitation so look above the card laying down is more true to the real colors. The gray part of the end of the nestie where I wrote "You Are Invited" is actually a popped up layer of card stock that I cut just the end of the nestie out of white Card Stock then colored it gray with my C2 Copic then I hand wrote the You are Invited.
.......
Copics used:
.......
All of Turkey Toms were colored with E30 and E31 for his head feather layer, then nest layer of feathers is E33, and E35, next layer is E39 and E29, next layer is E71 and E29 and his tail feathers are from top to bottom E29, YR04, and E31. His feet are C2, C3, and C5, his beak is Y15, and his waddle is R20 and R27.
.......

Here is the inside of my invite I printed it out on the computer then cut it out with my nesties

The Full inside of the Invitation that Orange is showing up much brighter than Pumpkin Pie CS really is!!!
.......
Now above is my Place Card holder I made some of them with a Blue Dress and Blonde haire and some of them in a green dress and Red Hair like the center of the place mat below. I cut out the image with my scalloped rectangle nestie and used Brocade Blue SU! Card Stock and that same plaid paper I used on all of the other images as well.
.......
Copics used for Petra in blue are R00, E00, E95, RV02 for Skin, B21, B91, B93, B97 for the Dress and Hat, C1, C2, C3, C5, C7 for the shoes and white trim on the dress and hat and nickers, Hair Y21, Y26, Y28
.......

My Place mat above I took the image into photo shop and erased Pilgrim Petra and then I could print out just Turkey Tom for the place mat corners!!! I think the place mats are about 14 1/2" by 12" Place mats I had to buy the big textured artists paper in colors to make somthing that size as none of my Card Stock is quite big enough. I punced out the borders using Martha Stewert Edge Punch that embosses and punches at the same time I love it!!!!

The Center of the Place mat I think this image is about 4 1/2" by 3 1/2" and the Turkeys are almost 2" square.
.......
Petra is colored with these Copics:
.......
Dress:G20, G21, G24, G28, Hat shoes, and shading around the white colors of dress: C1, C2, C3, C5, C7, Skin: R00, E00, E95, RV02, Hair:YR02, YR09, E07, E09

I used the same plaid DSP throughout the entire set of Thanksgiving items. Copics used on Turkey Tom are listed above.

Here is a Center piece that I just added my image too.

The Napkin Holder

Turkey Tom again!!! I bought paint to paint the napkin holer in Metalic Thanksgiving colors but I just ran out of time!!!
.......
Don't forget your next stop on the Blog Hop is to my ultra talented Character Cafe team mate Miss Dianne
.......
Heather

43 comments:

Fink said...

Holy Smokes Chick! All I did was a card! Outstanding stuff! This is an adorable image isn't it! I loved them all!

Rachel said...

WOW!! Heather this is precious!! you did a fabulous job.
hugs,
Rachel

bluepoohbear75 said...

Great projects. I love all the colors and the image. Thanks for sharing.

Billie said...

Well way to go...just blow the rest of us out of the water, why don't ya! (gosh) Great job...love how you laid it out. But ummm, think it's a good idea to have your addy & phone # posted on the 'net like that? I'm just saying... ;o)

TesaB said...

Drop dead gorgeous - just as I expected. LOL! You are one **** of a card and project maker honey!!! Miss you, and the gang. I did wrong, didn't I... :) Well I get to enjoy this, love the hop, love the images so far and I'm sure the rest will be as lovely.

You think about your personal stuff just as Billie says, and take care and see you around!

Lilacanglia said...

wowsers
what a wonderful set you have made,
its fantastic,
Hugs
Angie

Dragonlady said...

OMG what a fantastic project you have made. the images are stunning as is your colouring. Fabulous

Ali x

LadyTrucker said...

Holy moly were you ever busy!!! Great work!

Heather Schlatter said...

Hey Billie and Tessa,

Thanks for the super sweet comments!!! I thought abou the Addy and Phone # but in reality we are listed and in my profile it says my name and my town so anyone who wants to find out my info can get it in like 10 seconds on the web anyway!!! So I figure it is O.K. I did realize though that I did not put a time to arrive on the invite!!! LOL!!!

Heather

craftykitten said...

Hi Heather,
This is a fabulous set and would look lovely on anyone's table. Fab tutorial too.

Hugz
Dawn xx

Donna said...

OMG Heather your projects are amazing - I'm now totally embarassed about that people will think when they get to my Pilgrim Petra card. You are brilliant!!!

Crafty hugs Donna xx

Sara said...

WOW! Ok lady, what do have time to sit around and do nothing but this? Just jokin', this is amazing! You are one talented lady!

Mary said...

Oh wow Heather! Love your projects you made. And that image was just perfect for them! Great job!

~Mary

Carla said...

Very nice work!!

Diane (djuseless) said...

OMG, what a great set of projects! So, what time is dinner???

Kendra said...

Wow Heather, you never cease to knock my socks off!!! This set is FANTASTIC... I just love it :) Thanksgiving is just over a week away here and boy could I use some of this... oh, wait... I don't even know who's having dinner this year! ack... better find out (don't think Tom would taste too good!) Welcome back :)

Piali said...

Wonderful project!!! How did you manage to do all of this ???:o)...jokes apart..its fabulous work.
Hugs
Piali

Verda said...

You put such a lot of time and effort into your project and it is wonderful. Very nice work.

Tina Janiga said...

Wow, what a great set. I love all of it and how you used the different colors for her dress and hair!!!

Nicola said...

Wow, wow wow what fanatabulous creations Heather, you have me in awe again over your stunning creations. These sure are not for the faint hearted - so much work and expertise have gone into and evryone. Love em all dahling.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Donna said...

How cute! You've been working hard on all these! Cute images and I love the colors and how you've used them. Great inspiration!

Angie Cortes said...

WOW! I love this, it all coordinates so beautifully!! I love your color choices! Great job!

Lois said...

Wow, knock my socks off! What a great set up, Heather. Beautiful coloring job and knock out images.

Sandie Oxley said...

Oh my gosh..your cards are so cute. The Thanksgiving decor is wonderful

little cardmaker said...

This is fabulous! I'm glad to be on the DT with you. This really is great!

Susan said...

What a great set! Loe the cards, napkin holders, place mats, and the seating cards are just too adorable! I always love coming here! Thanks for the great ideas!

Deanne Burton said...

Wow! Great job!!! Loads of inspiration!!!

craft_princess said...

Whew...that was alot to read!! LOL! You did a great job though...the turky is so so cute!

Loz said...

OMG! What a lot of work - and well worth it! That image is gorgeous!
Loz (Aus)

Patty said...

HOLY MOLY!!!!!!!!! Your work is FANTASTIC! I am sooo impressed!!!

Danni said...

Amazing!! Wow!! All of this is wonderful..wow!

Kelly said...

Hi Heather, WOW, You go girl!! Again you blew it out of the water.
Love everything, paper selection, embossing gotta get one of those...oh ya my friendly neighbourhood craft store has them in stock...tee hee (aka. Kendra's craft room) Fantastic couring too!
Kelly

Avril Ann said...

Well Heather you have really pushed the boat out with this project, I love it all, what an adorable image, the colouring is perfect, Enjoy the Hop, Hugs Avril xxx

Regina said...

thanks for your lovely Invitation! But it's so far! *lol*
Your project is so great and I love how you made each piece separate for decorating! I'm impressed!!!
Have a create time!
hugs Regina

Lelia said...

Wow, Heather! This is awesome! How cool will it be to show off all this fabulousness to your whole family?? Great job!

Hugs,
Lelia

margie c said...

Wowzers! What an amazing set!
Can I come over for dinner too? ;)
What a brilliant idea to decorate everything for Thanksgiving! It's our turn to host dinner this year... I wonder if I can at least make the invites and placecards, hee, hee!
Great job! and Happy World Card Making Day!
I see that my lil sis is on the same team as you! Lucky gals get to work together :)
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!
:*) margie

Angie said...

Wow, this is sooo adorable, you did a great job on the placemats and invie's! These images are sooo cute:)

Sara said...

holy moses!!!! what a brilliant idea! i just love all of your creations, i'm definitely going to have to work something out like this for our Thanksgiving :)

sarabeth

Lailani said...

wow!! your blog is filled with lots of beautiful cards!! I'm truly inspired!! Have a great weekend!!

Tanya said...

This is wonderful!!! Looks like a TON of work, but its really cute!

yudhabs said...

wow, great job dear..
i like the colors and everything :)

Cassie said...

giiiirrrrlll - can i come???? what a gorgeous set!!

i am in awe of your hair coloring - it's just awesome!!! i need to watch you do that!!!

Shesjetlagd said...

OK, seriously, could these be CUTER?! :)