Monday, October 5, 2009

2 Cards I am very Excited About!!! Sparkle me a Birthday!!!!

A Birthday Boy and Princess Too!!!!
Happy Monday Everyone!!!!!,
.......
Well I am really excited about how the two cards I came up with this weekend turned out!!!!! I made them for a very special challenge I have been asked to host in a few weeks but I can not tell you anymore about that until it is time, so you will be seeing these cards on my blog again in a couple of weeks along with all the Challenge info!!!
.......
So I used the MoJo Monday sketch from last Monday but I am bummed I did not get to post them in time to enter that MoJo challenge because today there is already another challenge from the MoJo gang issued for this Monday!!! So here is a picture of what the sketch I used for these cards looked like.
.......

And Here is the first of my two cards I made using this sketch above.

I had not colored Princess Anya up yet but I thought she would be fun to color up to use with these papers. I used SU! Card Stock in Pink Pirouette, Going Gray, Basic Black and the Shimmery Metallic Silver Card Stock SU! Carries that is my all time favorite Card stock and in the picture above you can kind of see how pretty it is and why I love it so much it is in the silver panel in the middle which I embossed with the boxed hearts CB embossing folder. I also used DSP from Die Cuts With a View All Dressed Up paper pack.

.......

Princess Anya was colored up using R00, E00, RV21, and E95 for her skin, R81, R83, R85, C2, C3, C5 for her dress and wand and crown, and E50, E53, and E55 for her hair.
.......
I had considered using my shimmerz paints in Silver Bells and Bubble Gum to make her dress and Crown Sparkle, but then the paper was so sparkly I decided not to Bling her up too!!! LOL!!!!
Here is a Close up of the very Yummy Yummy Ribbon I used the picture is kind of dark so the ribbon is much lighter than the picture looks but it is very thick Satin ribbon and on one side it is the pale pink and darker pink in a circle pattern, and on the other side it is a very pretty silver satin. To the left of the card you can see the punched out pieces I used the new SU! Decorative Window punch. I is a lot like the Word Window punch only with a scalloped edge on both ends.
I took this picture so you could see some of the popped up dimension of the card.
Now on to the Boy version of the card is that patterned paper not the yummiest paper you have ever seen I want so much more of it and only 2 pieces of each pattern come in the paper pack so I used up all 4 pieces of these colors in this pattern just making these two cards I have several big scraps of it but not any huge pieces left!!! Bummer!!!
.......
I also used SU! Card Stocks in Certainly Celery, Taken with Teal and Basic Black to accent the card.

Here is Ian, can you tell what is different about him??? He has Ian's Head, but wild sprout Edwards body!!!! LOL!!!!

......

Ian is colored up using R00, E00, E95, and E93 for his skin, E30, E31, E35, E39, and BG11, BG72, and BG75 for the green tips of his hair, and his outfit is BG72, BG75, and BG78, C2, C5, and C7, G20, G21, and G24 for his outfit and shoes

Here is more of that yummy yummy ribbon in green and silver you can get it with the diamond striped pattern you see here or the circle pattern you see above I have it in Teal/Aqua Color and Pink Color's both are silver on the back. I am not sure if it comes in other colors or not??? I got it at Hobby Lobby.

Here is the view to show you the dimension again. The black layer right above the card back is popped up one layer with SU! Stampin dimensional's and then each of the 5 rectangle panels are also popped up one layer of dimensional's and then Ian is popped up two layers from the panel he is one the Sentiment is done using 3 punched out pieces with that same punch I used on the left by the ribbon. I used Glue Dots and SU stampin dimensional's as my adhesives for this card.

......

Ians card uses the Cuttle Bug embossing Folder Houndstooth, and the boxed Hearts Embossing Folder with Princess Anya I hand wrote both sentiments.

.......

So I am off to bed, but I wanted to share these cards because I just loved how they turned out and I am so excited for the Challenge coming up!!! You will not want to miss it!!!

.......

Have a Very Stampendous Monday!!!

.......

Heather

17 comments:

Dragonlady said...

Wow Heather what fantastic cards. So much detail and sparkle too.

Ali x

de said...

These are amazing! Look at all those layers! Wow! I love the type of ribbon you used too, the texture is amazing!

StampinCathy said...

Just stunning!! I just love the colors, bling, layout, and details on both of them. Can't wait to see what you are hosting. Thanks for the inspiration.

Nicola said...

Ooh you ARE a tease Heather, now what have you got up your sleeve!!!
Your cards are so precious sweetie and your colouring is fantastic - wow they both look as if their hair has been freshly washed with all the shine you have achieved.
Your papers, layouts and accents are truly stunning.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

PaperCrafty said...

Fabulous cards Heather!! I love them both!! Great idea on how you used the modern label punch for accents!!

Tanya said...

I LOVE his hair! :) I also really like how you used that punch on the sides of the images! Very clever!

bluepoohbear75 said...

Cute cards. I love all the sparkle and shine. Thanks for sharing.

Moni said...

Hi Heather, so fab gorgeous cards you have made. Love your colouringg and so fab take on the sketch! Love the Greeting farm stamps! Thanks for visiting my blog and for nice words! Hugs,moni

craftykitten said...

Oh Heather
These are both simply gorgeous. I love the layers, the colours and the different textures. Wonderful!!

Hugz
Dawn xx

Christine said...

Oh I love these cards :) Awesome job!!

Christine

Danni said...

Great coloring and great cards!

Lelia said...

AWESOME! I really love that sketch for MM last week! These cards are fab! I love Ian's hair too! How cool! That ribbon is YUMMY!!!

Hugs,
Lelia

Cassie said...

awesome! so much layering and detail!
can't wait to see what challenge you are teasing us with!!! LOL!!!

pink and grey is one of my favorite color combos so i'm pretty partial to the princess version!!

hey - still looking for that email you were gonna send! talk soon!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hi Heather!! Boy, I just love looking at your creations hun!! I may not be able to comment on EVERY post, but I hope you know that I follow you and I'm watching you every time you do post hun!! Your style is beautfiul!! Love it!! HUGS

ScrappingHappy said...

wow by far my favorites i wish i could make cards like that

Loz (Aus) said...

These are gorgeous!! You've done so well with the sketch.. when you find something worth doing - do it twice!

Shesjetlagd said...

Heather, your coloring is awesome on these 2! And the details and interpretation of the sketch on these cards is soooo purdy! Love them!! :)