Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Whimsical Wednesdays - The Deidrich Dare - Featured Stamper this week

A Diedrich Dare
.......
.......
color Challenge
Happy Wednesday Everyone!!!
.......
It is time for Whimsical Wednesdays - "The Diedrich Dare" Challenge. The Diedrich Dare formerly known as Madelynn's Twinkling Tuesdays Sketch Challenge now incorporates Madelynn's two twin brothers Jackie and Nicky and all three talented kiddo's are giving us plenty of challenges each week!!! Usually it will be a Sketch Challenge but this week they handed us a fun Color Challenge to play along with!
Above is the color challenge and if you play along this week make sure to use keywords/tags on your creations of DDSC3 (I know it just says DD03 above, but use the DDSC3 keywords) so we can find your card in the galleries!!!
.......
Well I am very proud to get to be part of this very fun DT we have some great gals on the team and I am very excited to announce that we have a new Dare Devil (as Jess calls us) her name is Lisa Hjulberg and blog is http://lisahjulberg.blogspot.com/ and I have known Lisa through blog land for many months and this girl has amazing talent and she is the sweetest kind fellow blogger and commenter!!! So help us Welcome Lisa H. to our WWDD Design Team!!!!
.......
When you are done here (you might be reading this post either from my Blog or the Team Blog) since I am the featured WWDD team member this week which essentially just means it is my turn to get to post to our team blog as well as my own. So when you are done here make sure to visit all the other Mega Talented DT girls and leave them some stamping love!!! Cassie and Sandra are unable to participate this week but they both have lovely blogs so feel free to check them out some time soon to see what wonderful creations they have been making!!!
Whimsical Wednesday's Design Team:
.......
.......
So Here is my take on the Color Challenge.
I have been wanting to use this set forever one of my good stamping friends and I finally got smart after each of us buying every The Greeting Farm Stamp out there we finally started each buying about half of the ones we want then we stamp up what the other one got and RAK each other some images so we can avoid buying every image when we live so close together so I do not actually own this set but Emily did stamp some up for me to have fun with!!!
.......
So what I did is get out some of my SU! Craft Card Stock and fold the 8 1/2" x 11" card stock in half and then I free hand drew the boat and then I cut out the boat I drew on all the wood pieces of the boat with my copics in E35, E29, and E39 Copics. I drew the steps and the pole and the sails as well and cut them all out and made my Pirate Ship using all those pieces!!!!
.......

Here is a close up of my Pirate and his first matey. They are stamped in Momento ink on Neenah paper and then colored with copics. As you can tell I used the Color Challenge in the Pirates Hat, Scarf, and Belt, and the Matey's entire outfit.

.......

Pirate: E00, R00, E95, RV21, 0 (Skin) G20, G21, G24, and G29 (Scarf, Hat, and Belt) E50 (Shirt) C1, C5, C7, and 100 (Pants and boots)

.......

First Matey: E00, R00, E95, RV13 (Skin) B02, B05, B21, B24, B26, B29, B18 (Bandanna Hat, Shirt, and Pants), YR00, YR04, YR09, E08, E09, E29, (Belt, Boots, and Hair)

.......

I was telling Jess tonight on the phone that I am really really Bummed that all that blending and shading I worked forever on in each square of her Bandanna Hat, the Pirate Hat, and their outfits are just not showing up in the pictures. I used my OTT light and edited in Photo shop so it should show up but these pictures just never do show what the real life Card looks like!!!

.......

The images are popped up from the Boat using excess foam and rubber from cutting my stamps out. I hope you enjoy this card I thought it was a blast to make and I am so glad that I got to use this ultra cute Ahoy Matey Set from The Greeting Farm!!!

.......

Well I am off today will be Piper's 3rd day home from school. Monday she stayed home with a slight fervor and a sore throat and then Tuesday she woke up complaining again so I made a Dr.'s appointment for her and they swabbed her throat and she was positive for strep throat so since she did not get to start her Antibiotic until tonight then she can not go to school until she has been on the Antibiotic for 24 hours so it will be Thursday when she can go back!!!! She hates to miss school so 3 days in a row are about killing her!!! This morning we are going to head out to the school to pick up her make up work so that should keep her busy for today anyway!!!

.......

Have a Stampendous Wednesday Everyone!!!

.......

Heather

18 comments:

the whimsical butterfly said...

Heather this is just ADORABLE!!!! So creative and I LOVE how you colored up Anya and Ian. That boat is just too much! LOVE it! This must have taken you a while, and its definitely appreciated that you love the Dare so much!

Was so good talking to you! Hope we can chat again soon. HUGS!!!!

StampinCathy said...

WOW! This totally ROCKS! I just love your coloring and that boat is just awesome. Thanks for this wonderful inspiration.

Taylor said...

How awesome!! I love it!

PaperCrafty said...

WOW!! Heather, your boat is AMAZING!! I love your coloring on Anya & Ian. I just got this set so thanks for the wonderful inspiration!!

Hope Piper starts to feel better soon!!

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

What a cute project! I love the way you've colored them.

Lisa said...

Heather, This is incredible! Way to really rock this challenge. Jaw dropping!!!
Hugs,
Lisa :)

Tammy said...

WOW I LOVE IT!

Lelia said...

Heather, this is absolutely awesome! I just LOVE it! Although we can't see the shading you so diligently worked on, believe me, it looks amazing! :O)

Hugs,
Lelia

Danni said...

My goodness! You are just so creative!! What an awesome creation! You really outdid yourself!! Great job!
hope Piper feels better soon!

Queenie Jeannie said...

WOW!!! Love it!

Tanya said...

You are seriously so clever! Love these cute pirates! :)

Kim R. said...

WOW!!! This is amazing. You did an AMAZING job!!! You are so creative. The coloring is perfect.

You did a great job with the color challenge. I thought the colors were blue, black and red. I guess I'm not too good at color challenges! LOL!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Yo Ho Ho! How cute is this! You've done an amazing job, Heather... as always. I know everything looks better IRL, but I think it looks great on the screen, too. I can tell you did some excellent shading. And I love the blue eyeshadow!

Thanks for the sweet comments about me joining the Daredevils! I'm so happy to work with you all. And I'm glad I already know someone (you), so I don't feel so lost!

Hugs,
Lisa

Cheri Howard said...

TGF has such cute images, and you did a fabby job with them on this one!

Nicola said...

Holy Moly what an awesome creation Heather, this card rocks sweetie and your colouring is amazing. Wow to craft like you would be a dream.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Kristyn said...

This is just too cute! I simply love TGF stamps :-)

Darla said...

Too stinkin' cute Heather! Wow...you did a great job free-hand drawing the pirate ship. And the coloring is fabulous as always. This is such a fun idea for a pirate themed party. Awesome job on the challenge!

Regina said...

You really have outdone your self with this card it is FANTASTIC!