Tuesday, September 1, 2009

What a Day Not very good!! Police Men, Cars, SU and more!

Hi Everyone,
.......
I have pretty much had a horrible day today first thing I accedentally bumped into a car on the drivers side door. It was a parked card and I could see not damage to our car or that car but I wanted to leave my info so they could contact me if they thought they needed my insurance. However I did notice the car looked like it had been in several recks on both the front and back bumper so I called the police to report the inccident because I did not want them to try to come back on me and say those past dammages were my fault. The police man came out and looked at my car and their car and said he did not really see any damage and said I did the right thing leaving my info but he did not think I would see anything else from it. I said but what if they do try to say all that front end damage was my fault and he said he really did not see how they could do that!!!
.......
Well long story short they are trying to blame me for the past damage my car has no damage but I supposedly cause their car major front end damage when they were parked parallel on the street and I was backing out towards thier driver door when I tapped their door.
.....
Kind of makes you wish you were not Honest and did the right thing!!!! Uuuuggghhh!!!!
.......
On top of all of that SU has released a new Demonstrator Aggreement that we all have to sign which basically says I have to give up most of my activities and posts on my blog if I want to continute being a Demo. I am very sad because I will not even be able to stay on the Teams I am on that do not promote any other products or companies.
.......
Those teams were just for fun, and yet I can not participate in them any more, because I can no longer link any team mates on my blog if I agree!!! Ahhhh today the Joy in my life does not feel like it is there anymore!!! Well of course I still have my wonderful family and kids and house and they bring me much joy and satisfaction, but the stamping/blogging world has brought me much joy and personal fullfilment and now I am being forced to make a very restricted very tough decision and I really do not want to have to do what I may have to do either way I decide to go!!!!
.......
I DO understand the business parts of why we can not be on or participate in anything that sells NON SU products and I can see why we have to give those things up, but giving up fun stuff and giving up friendships in blog land just because I might link to someone that may or may not sell or promote another stamp company or craft store is just really sad to me!!!!
.......
So needless to say I have spent most of the day on the phone with the Police Insurance Aggents and my Hubby and I am spent and beat down!!!! Say a prayer for me O.K.!!!!
.......
Heather

15 comments:

~*Joni said...

Oh Heather, I am sooo sorry. I know the feeling of having an oops with a vehicle. Not a good feeling. In your mind you keep wanting to reverse time for 10 minutes and do it again without the accident. I hate it when people try to take advantage of someone else's honesty!
Secondly, I see so many demos talking about what just happened. I don't know why Shelli would do something like that knowing how much we all love stamping regardless of who it's from! SU was one of the main reasons why people get into crafting. I am so sad that they are making you all choose. :( Regardless of your decision, I totally support you. And as far as Inktegrity goes, you can email me your cards and I will post them under the name "Heidi." ;)

Sara said...

I am so sorry that you had such a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day!

I hope that everything works out with the car incident. It's sad to see people out there that are so inconsiderant!

I also cannot believe that SU! has required this much! This is a passionate hobby where peope are able to build friendships and share. I hope everything works out the best and I hope to see some of your wonderful creations in the future!

xoxo
Sarabeth

Jennifer said...

I am sorry to hear of all your bad news today. You are not alone. Once my husband and I hit a car on the freeway but their was no damage. The driver said it was fine but we did exchange insurance. Come to find out he filed a claim against us and the insurance company totaled his car and we had to pay for it. We learned are lesson. We always keep a camera in the car. A picture says a thousand words.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I am so sorry about the rotten day you have had!!! Did the police right up an accident report to cover you. I would find that police officer for sure.

I have heard a lot about the SU contract. Most I have heard are giving up SU. I would think this would cost them some business. I wonder how it will affect Splitcoast?

hugs and prayers my friend,
Chris

Regina said...

hi, Heather
I'm sorry, it's not your day!
I press and kiss you from faraway Germany - Regina

Danni said...

I'm hoping that tomorrow brings brighter things your way! hugs!

PaperCrafty said...

I am so sorry for your day Heather!! Once when I was rear ended, the guy tried to claim that I backed up into him while I was at a stop light.

Everything will work out!!

Husg~
Sheri

Shesjetlagd said...

Oh Heather, I do hope that you are able to prove that this other party involved in the accident is committing fraud and you are able to walk away from this mess and wash your hands of it, very soon! I am so sorry that this has happened to you!
Also, I am really upset to hear about the new requirements of SU on their demos - it really just seems unfair and unreasonable. I am certain, however, that your friends in blogland will continue to be there for you. Hang in there - hopefully tomorrow will be a much brighter day! :0)

TesaB said...

Gahhhh! That's terrible! All of it! I so hope you can get the car accident sorted out really soon. Horrible people!

And that SU business... It sounds like plain stupidity to me. People all over are MAD as h**l and many seem to let SU go. But I guess it's depending on how active and successful they have been. Maybe SU want to get rid of the big group of demos that have it like a fun thing on the side for their discount? I don't envy your decision, but I'm sure you will find out what is best for you. Big HUG!!!

Nancy said...

Big hugs, Heather!! Things always have a way of working out for the best...keep your chin up!!

Nicola said...

Awe what a rotten day sweetie, sending you big healing hugs.
Nicola --x

Verda said...

I am so sorry you had such a bad day. Makes you sad when being honest backfires on you. That is just wrong.

As for S/U , that too is wrong. I think times are getting tough and S/U is not doing their bit to keep up with the times so they are loosing business and feel they have to crack down somewhere. Desperate people do desperate things. I too, was a demo and decided to drop because there is just so much more that is out there and S/U is to restrictive.

I hope this doesn't offend you because I am sure you love their product, (I still use much of it) but making people make a choice is just wrong.

margie c said...

I am so sorry to hear about your day! Things will work out for the best!
You do what is right for you and your family :) I'll be thinking of you!
Hugs, margie

Melissa said...

Oh you poor thing. I'm so sorry to hear of your bad day. I hope everything works out for you sweetie.
Big hugs,
Melissa

Tanya said...

I agree. Its been a very difficult two days.
Hugs!