Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's Pink Cat Studio Sneak Peak Time!!!!!! - 2 Cool projects today 3 Project for Tomorrow, - and a Tutorial to come in just a few hours !!!!

Happy Halloween Sneak Peaks
.......
.......
with Pink Cat Studio!!!
Hello Friends, Stampers, Family, and Pink Cat Studio Fans!!!!
.......
O.K. It is finally here my Guest Designer month with The Pink Cat Studio Girls!!!! Wow 10 months is a long time to wait!!!! I have been very excited for this day to come since last December when Melissa asked me to be the Guest Designer for her #8 Release in 2009 for Pink Cat Studio!!!! I just love Melissa, and her stamps!!! As you will be able to see with these great Sneak Peaks using the Brand New Stamp Set (Itty Bitty Halloween) Being Released tomorrow at Pink Cat Studio!!!!
.......
So these cute Characters from the Itty Bitty Halloween Stamp Set, are just adorable and they are new to the Pink Cat Studio images!!! I just love that friendly little Witch and Dracula!!! To me they look like little kids dressed up for Halloween!!! They were also a blast to color up and do blending and shading with!!! You might not be able to see all the shading in the pictures with that bright green I used and the bright orange some times not all the blending and shading shows up. It must make a difference in what colors you are using!!!!
.......
So I made 5 projects with my Pink Cat Studio Stamps this month!!! I will show you 2 today and 3 tomorrow on release day!!!! Today I am also giving you a tutorial on how to make one of the cards I am giving you a Sneak Peak on!!! The Tutorial will be up in just a few hours in the post below this one. I planned to put the tutorial in with this post, but then I figured it would be easier to showcase the tutorial in it's own place mostly because I already had quite a few pictures to share with you in this Sneak Peak Post, but there will be a tutorial on the 2nd card I am sharing with you today (The Double Pocket Bookmark Card) below in the next post!!!
.......
When you are done here please check out my very talented creative team mates!!!! I have been stalking them for about 9 months now, and I just love all of their work!!!! So I of course can not wait to see their creations for this release as well!!!!
.......
Pink Cat Studio Design Team:
.......
Becky Carafa.......
Jodi Ann Lee .......
Lise Roy.......
Maria Bell.......
.......
So above is my first Sneak Peak for the Brand New images over at Pink Cat Studio are they not totally adorable????
.......
What I did was take Whisper White SU card stock and sponge on some Brocade Blue all over the card front, then I added some night of Navy and a tiny bit of Not Quite Nave onto the Brocade Blue soft part of the card to turn the day time sky into a night time sky.
......
Before I did my night sky sponging though, first I took out my Circle Nesties and I traced the size I wanted onto typing paper and cut it out. I then used it as a reverse template onto the white card stock I was about to sponge so that that part of the card did not get sponged blue. So after I had the night sky sponged how I wanted it to be, leaving the left side and left lower corner especially lighter because that is where the moon would be shining in real life so the sky would be lighter as well!!!! Then I took my Yo Yo Yellow SU ink pad and I sponged the white space left on the card with the yellow and then to give it dimension and reality to it I sponged summer sun around the edges of the moon and also a bit inside the edges and some went out in streak marks to the sky to show the moonlight shining down on the sky.
.......
Next I took some tree stamps and stamped them in black ink onto the background of the sky to add to the scene I was creating!!! Then I got out my pencil and white card stock and hand drew the fence and the gate the way I wanted them, lastly I added some C2 Gray Copic Marker to make the wood and knot marks in the white washed wooden fence. I popped it up one layer with Stampin Dimensionals.
.......
Then I put excess rubber and foam on the back of these super cute Pink Cat Studio Stamps and adhered that to the card with glue dots so that layer is essentially popped up two levels so it is higher than the fence is.
.......
I made the Sentiment using a sentiment from this wonderful stamp set and my Mega Nesties and I cut out the layers on SU Card Stocks on Only Orange, Green Galore, and Perfect Plum. I distressed the middle layer with ink from one of my other SU pads!!!! LoL!!!!!
I colored the image using my Copic Markers:
.......
Skin: (girl) R00, E00, E95, RV21 (boy) E50, V12 (cheeks) E53.
.......
Witches clothes: Y02, Y04, Yo9,
.......
Dracula's Clothes and Hair: V000, V04, V12, V17, C1, C2, C3, C5, C7, YG00, YG03.
Now onto my Double Pocket Card. I will share a tutorial with you later today so you can see how the Double Pocket Card I loved it when I finished it is fun and easy and adds so much to the card!!!
Above is the Double Pocket Card without the Bookmarks in it.
......
I colored the image up in:
.......
Skin: R00, E00, E93, RV21
.......
Hair: E31, E35, E39.
.......
Monster Claw: YG00, YG03, YG09, E50.
.......
Pumpkin: YR02, YR04, YR09, E08.
.......
Hat and Dress: V000, V04, V12, V17, YR02, YR09
The Sentiment is from this set colored up in Elegant Eggplant stamped on Perfect Plum Card Stock with a Only Orange matted back.
.......
The image is colored up with copics in these colors:
.......
Skin: E50, E53, V12,
.......
Hair, Cape, Vest, and shoes in: V000, V04, V12, V17, C1, C2, C3, C5, C7, B100.
.......
I used SU ribbons in 1/2" striped orange and white gross grain, and SU 1/2" polka dotted Rich Razzelberry gross grain ribbons
The Trick or Treat image was stamped and then colored in on White NeeNah Card Stock (which is awesome for blending with your markers on.
.......
I used the Labels 4 Nestie and I traced the outside of the Nestie to get more layers using one Nestie set. to get the outside
.......
The images are colored up in these copic colors:
.......
Witches Clothes: YG00, YG03, YG09,
.......
Vest and Candy: V000, V04, V12, V17,
.......
Dracula's Hair and clothes:C3, C5, C7, YR02, YR04, YR09,
.......
Girls Hair: YR02, YR04, YR09.
.......
I used SU Card Stocks for this project in Green Galore, Only Orange, Perfect Plum, and Elegant Egg Plant.
.......
Above are all the elements to the project I decorated the front with SU DSP from the new mini catalog. The orange DSP with the pumpkins, birds, and bats is UID patterned paper from my paper storage containers. All the layers are popped up using my excess foam and rubber from my stamps and glue dots.
.......
Well I guess other than my tutorial I am mostly done for today's post!!! DO NOT FORGET, to come back later for my tutorial, on this Double Pocket Card. I will come back to add in a few hours. We have had company all week and I have to go help in my 7 year old's class at school this morning, but I will be back to finish the Tutorial on this card after 11:30am I have the pictures done just need to post them for you to see!!! So you can see just how fun and easy it was to create one of these Double Pocket Cards!!!!
.......
I hope you enjoyed my samples as much as I enjoyed doing them!!! Pink Cat Studio is just one of my very favorite Stamp Companies to create with, and I own many many many of their stamp sets!!!! I can not wait until tomorrow when we can reveal what the whole stamp set looks like, and remember I have 3 Samples to share with you tomorrow for these stamps. One is a Acetate Slider and Spinner Card that even my Hubby who never looks at my cards said he loved!!! The other two are Candy and Treat 3-D items!!!!
.......
Come back around 1pm for the tutorial!!!
.......
Heather

13 comments:

Cassie said...

awesome job heather!! so excited to finally see these projects - i know you've been looking forward to this month all year long!!

shortyrose said...

It's a wonderful work!!! I like the colors very much!

Greetings from Germany
shortyrose

Lise Roy said...

Welcome to the team for this release!

WOW!!!!
The first one is very special and gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!
But I do love them all.
Great job!

PaperCrafty said...

Teriffic jon Heather!! I love your projets and your coloring is always so fabulous!! Great job!!

the whimsical butterfly said...

WOW girlie! I am so excited for you! You worked SO hard on this and I know you had a blast doing so! I'm so happy you month is finally here! Your coloring is just wonderful on these and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that little fence! This is awesome!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

OMG!! Heather, your projects are all just as sweet as can be!!! Brilliant colors, papers and the images are adorable!! :) HUGS

Lauretta See ( LadyPou) said...

wow those are cute :) congrats on the GDT :) Melissa did a good choice. Your creations are wonderful :)
hugs,

Mariska said...

Welcome to the team sweetie!!! I knew you would blow us away with your creations and you have. Love both projects but the first one is my favorite. I can't believe the background you created! It's just so perfect!! Also I wanted to thank you for your sweet remarks on my blog the other day. You are not the only one who hasn't been blogging that much lately, I have been away way to long too :S. I don't know if you remember what you guessed on my blog but just between us... you are a very good guesser (is that a word?) ;). See you back tomorrow for your other peeks, I'm sure they'll be as cute as the ones you created today!

xxx
Mariska

Regina said...

OH!!! Both projects are sooo incredible!! I love everything!
You did an awesome job with these!!!
Regina

Maria Matter said...

Oh, Heather I can tell you had fun with these new images...everything is fabulous!!!!
Love the halloween scene you put together on the top card!!!
Just fantastic, great job!
Blessings, Maria

Melissa said...

You did a fantastic job on your projects Heather! I love the bright colours and the creativity! Thanks so much for being our guest designer for this release, you did an AWESOME job!!!
Hugs,
Melissa

Christi said...

OMG this is fantastic!!!!

Maria said...

Oh my gosh, Heather! You seriously went all out with your projects! They're fantastic and you did such a beautiful and creative job with them. All of them so fun!!!!

Your coloring is spectacular . . .so colorful and festive!!! you did a beautiful job as a guest designer. I know you were so proud to be a guest designer. . .who knows, maybe you can be a permanent on the DT next year. Again, wonderful job!!

Maria