Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It's Flutter By Wednesday and Whimsical Wednesday - "The Diedrich Dare" Challenge Time!!!! DT Sample for the Week!!!!

Shades of Saphire
.......
.......
Sketch Fluttering By!!!!
For some reason I have been working on this post for over an hour and Blogger just keeps freezing up on me so I have to abandon the post to go pick up my Willow Tree from Pre-K I will be back later to finish my Card Recipe Copic and supply lists and to add the last of my links too!!! Hope you can get somthing from this post!!! LOL!!!!
Hi Everyone!!!!
.......
Well this post is starting about an hour and a half later than I wanted it to, but some things happened that could not be avoided so I am posting it now!!! LOL!!!! By now most of you know that on Wednesdays I have been part of the Flutter By Wednesday Team since the beggining of January and it is just a really supportive fun team to be part of!!! Every week we make projects with either a Butterfly or a Fairy on them and some weeks there are additional challenges to make it more fun!!! Also on Wednesdays now I am on Whimsical Wednesdays - "The Diedrich Dare" formorly known as Twinkling Tuesdays Sketch Challenge hosted by 9 year old Madelynn each week. Now Madelynn's two younger twin brothers who are 7 want to play along so we have changed the Challenge day and name to incoorporate the boys too!!!
.......
Well I need to come back in a little bit and add a few more links for Kim our Flutter By Guest Designer, and Kristi a new (but old to us because she was on the team once before) Flutter By Team mate, and The Whimsical Wednesday Blog link, but you can get to all those links from Danni's Blog and Jessica's Blog right now if you need too!!!!
.......
This is the last week to play along in Danni's Big Birthday Bash Celebration her 4oth Birthday earlier this month!!! This will also be the last month to earn some of that yummy candy!!! So hop on over to Danni's Blog and play along this weeks challenge is to use either Saphire Embellishments, or the Saphire colors on your project!!! If you make a project using a flutter by and or adding the challenge for the week make sure to link your creation up to Danni's Blog in Mr. Linky this week too, and if you upload to any galleries please use keywords FBW so we can find you!!!!
........
The Flutter By Team:
.......
.......
This week is The Diedrich Dare Sketch Challenge #4 by the talented Jack Diedrich(son of Jessica Diedrich The Whimsical Butterfly and little brother to Madelynn Diedrich our Twinkling Tuesday Origionator!!!) !!!!! This is Jack's first time to issue a challenge on the new team and I think he did a pretty great job don't you??? All you have to do is make a project using todays sketch by Jack and then leave a link on the Whimsical Wednesday Blog and if you upload it to any gallery's use keywords DDSC4 please!!!
.......
Next week in the challenge there will be a very cool Prize to win so you do not want to miss playing along with us in the Challenge next week!!!
The Dare Devils:
.......
.......
So Here is the Sketch from Jacky for this weeks Diedrich Dare!!!! I turned the sketch over and added four Heart embellishments instead of two hearts and two stars (Hope that is O.K. Jack!!!!)
.......
And this is what I came up with combining Danni's Flutter By challenge to use the color Saphire or Saphire embellies on our Fluttering Project and the above Sketch Challenge issued by Jack!!!
.......
This is my first time making a Long and Skinny Card I thought it was fun!!!!

17 comments:

Lelia said...

Fantabulous card, Heather! I am loving the last couple of cards...the same image colored different shades! WONDERFUL!!!

Hugs,
Lelia

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

YOur Anyas are gorgeous!! Love that brilliant background!! Awesome coloring my friend!! I have some blog candy up. I would love for you to check it out and maybe ever win it!!

I miss you girl!

hugs,
Chris

Dragonlady said...

They are fantastic and the colouring is amazing.

Ali x

craftykitten said...

What a fabulous card and such vibrant colours too. Lovely.

Hugz
Dawn xx

Regina said...

Heather, your card is beautiful! Lovely color mix on the girls!
Regina

Jacquie said...

WOW!! Heather!! You ROCK!! This Anya creation is SO AWESOME!!! You did a GREAT take on Jack's sketch!! Your coloring is AMAZING!! Hope you are well!! Hope the kiddos are well too!!




Take care!
Jacquie/Javablustamper!

Danni said...

Your coloring is amazing on this creation!! Great job!!

Rachel said...

Heather, this is absolutely GORGEOUS!!
hugs,
Rachel

Kristie said...

What a neat card!! The colors are so nice and vibrant!

the whimsical butterfly said...

OMG this is SUCH a cool card Heather! I LOVE the 3 differently colored Anyas and you are REALLY rockin the hair coloring! This is just STUNNING girlie! LOVE IT!

Michelle said...

Oh Heather - it's beautiful! I just adore your style and your coloring. How fun to have 3 butterfly anya's on it and they are so pretty!

So sorry to hear about your struggles with SU! I wish you success in whatever you decide and I hope that you will "find" the answer that is right for you!

Kim R. said...

WOW!!! This is an AMAZING card. You did such a good job with the sketch. BEAUTIFUL job coloring. You need to do a coloring tutorial.

PaperCrafty said...

WOW!! Heather, your card is amazing!! I love the distressing and your coloring is fabulous!! Great take on the sketch!!

Nancy said...

Love, love, love the Anyas!!! It's like an Anya in stages! Great job, Heather! Sorry that Blogger gave you such fits!!

Darla said...

I love how you flipped the sketch, Heather! And such a cute job on the challenge this week. I love those little fairies! You do such great work.

Nicola said...

Ooh wowee how stunning is this? Wowzers absolutely stunning Heather - I love your colouring of Miss Anyas´and how wonderful to have a trio. You sure have rocked this challenge.
Hugs,
Nicola /x/

Cassie said...

this is absolutely divine!