Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Inktegrity New Release Sneak Peak - Basic Shapes Scarecrow - Happy Harvest Card

Happy Harvest in Shades of Fall!!!
Happy Wednesday Stampers and All!!!!!,
.......
Today starts the two day Sneak Peaks of the newest Release from Inktegrity!!! I choose to Sneak Peak this great Scarecrow and another image I will be Sneak Peaking tomorrow!!! I had this idea in my head that I wanted to do one of those cards that show the same picture in 4 or 8 different colored hues like reds, blues, purples and yellows, do you know what I mean??? So anyway I printed off this great Scarecrow image that Inktegrity is releasing today and I printed 4 of him. I was going to do 4 different colors schemes and then as I did the Cool Gray one then I thought instead of going to my Sepia shades right away I should try one in my Warm Gray shades then I did the Sepia shades and last I was going to do full color and then I thought scarecrows are not really flesh colored but more straw or hay colored and then my 4th image morphed into this mustard/dark yellow shaded image what do you think???
.......
So some of my team mates will also be sneaking today, and some tomorrow, and some both days depending on which images they choose to work with for this release so be sure to stop by and see which of the great new releases they will be sneak peaking for you!!!
.......
Inktegrity Design Team:

.......

.......
My Card Stock colors are SU CS's in More Mustard (Card Back) Pumpkin Pie, and Garden Green for the Matting layers.
......
I also used 4 different colors of Brads on each images 4 corners I went with brads closest in shade to the darkest shade of that particular image so the brads are in Dark Brown (yep I typed that word and used it on my card, but I prefer Sepia Tone to BR**N)!!!! Black, Gray, and mustard brown brads.
........
So for this card I started coloring up the Black a White image as I had thought it would be in my head but then it ended up being the Gray Scale image. I used Copics in C1, C3, C5, C7, and B100 for this image.
Then I colored up the Warm grey almost light brown image I used my copics in W1, W3, W5, and E39 for this image.
Above is the card laying down on the paper it shows you some of the dimension. What I did was first matte all the images in Garden Green, Then a layer of Pumpkin Pie, then another layer of Garden green. I popped up the layer with the image on it with Stampin dimensional's, from the Pumpkin Pie layer and then the PP layer is attached to the 2nd Garden Green layer with
Glue dots, then the last garden green layer is popped up using SD again.

Above are the two Sepia/Mustard toned images the last one was the one I was going to do in full color but as I tried to pick a color for the straw I thought his face should be then I ended up going with this last shades of mustard image!!! LOL!!!

.......
I colored the Sepia one up in E30, E31, E33, E35, E37, and E39. The mustard image is colored up with the copics YR21, YR26, YR28, and E37.

I thought it was only appropriate to add some Hemp Twine to my card since it is kind of like the straw of a Scarecrow so I took 3 strands and braided them and tied them at both ends then I took glue dots on each end of the two sections of it that I braided and put them vertically and horizontally across the middle of the card.

......

The Sentiment is hand written in black on a punched out piece using the newest SU punch Modern Label which was in the last Mini, but is in the SU Catalog now. I punched the piece in Pumpkin Pie then wrote the sentiment and then matted that on Garden Green and again on More Mustard and then I took my YR28 Copic and went around the More Mustard layer to give it a distressed edge.

.......

Well I guess that pretty much explains it all!!!! I hope you enjoyed my project check back later for another project using the Scarecrow that I still need to take and edit my pictures and I will also be posting my Whimsical Wednesday - "The Diedrich Dare" and my Flutter By Wednesday post and project too!!!

.......

See you later today!!!!

.......

Heather

8 comments:

StampinCathy said...

This is one awesome card. Love the layout, layers, colors, and the twine. Thanks for inspiring me everyday.

craftingmanda said...

what a gorgeous card - great colouring and loving the shades used

Lelia said...

What an absolutely fab card, Heather! I love the little scarecrow faces and your layout! Can't wait to see your FBW card!!!

Hugs,
Lelia

PaperCrafty said...

Fabulous card Heather!! I love the layout and fun fall colors!! You did a great job coloring in the images!!

bluepoohbear75 said...

Great card. This is the second sneak peak I've seen today and I'm already loving this set.

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hi Heather!! WOW!! This is just as sweet as can be hun!! I love your fun layout and colors!! :) hUGS

Regina said...

What a fantastic card! I love the faces in color mix and I really like the layout too.
hugs Regina

Nicola said...

Adorable fun image and stunning creation Heather, love your layout and colours so very much.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-