Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A Friendly Frankenstien Kit Kat Holder Tutorial - Also an addition to the Blog Candy Pile!!!

Lots of Friendly Frankin Faces!!!

.......

Happy Halloween!
.......
Good Morning Friends, Family, and Stampers!!!
.......
I posted this tutorial on my blog last year as I was just starting my blog and I planned to share several of my tutorials again this year so today I wanted to share this one with you!!! I made I think over 30 of these for my kids classmates last year and I plan to get started on them again this week so I can make them for the Halloween parties again this year!!! Better get started hungh??? Hope you enjoy the tutorial. I am not feeling the best today so I will cut this short and go rest, I am fine just a bit under the weather, hopefully I'll feel better after some rest!!! I did convence Marvin to take Willow to work with him at 7:30 and then he is going to take her to Pre-K at 8:30 for me so I can rest until Tucker gets up so I am off to do just that!!! Enjoy the Tutorial and if you have any questions let me know!!! Oh yes I am also adding to my Blog Candy today 1 Cuttle Bug Embossing Folder D'Vine Swirls one of my favorites hope you like it too!!!!
.......

Above are the 17 mini Frankie Kit Kat Holders and the Larger Candy bag favors I did a tutorial on early this month.

The Large Friendly Frankin Candy Favor Bag Holder.

Small Friendly Frankin Kit Kat Holder

I took this picture so you could see what size he is next to the Snail Adhesive.

.......
I wanted to take them and make them into Friendly Frankenstein Characters because I had made the larger Frankenstein Favors for all the teachers and friends et.. et... So here is my
.......
Tutorial on making the Friendly Frankin Kit Kat Holders:
.......

Here are the supplies I used to make the small Friendly Frankin.

.......

Ink Pads: Real Red, Old Olive, Elegant Eggplant,
Sponge Daubers: for edges of eyes, nose and hair for dimension,
Punches: Word Window Punch, 3/4 Circle, 1/4 Circle.
Card Stock: Basic Black, Perfect Plum, Kiwi Kiss, Whisper White
Adhesives: Tombo liquid glue, mini glue dots, Snail Adhesive, Excess Rubber for adhesive and dimension of eyes (makes them stick out).
Stamps: Weathered Background Stamp
Basic Black Marker You are going to make 11 X 2 1/2" strips you can get 3 per 8 1/2 x 11" CS.
score it at 3 1/2", 4", 7 1/2", and 8". After you do this you will want to cut down the end the face will be on. Eye it and cut off what you want keep in mind where you want the nose to be on the face. I cut a little more than 3/4" off.

Now you can fold the score marks and get your hair piece. It is 2 1/2" x 1 1/4" scored at 1/2" on the other end of the score cut jagged hair pieces as above.

These supplies you will use for the eyes. Stamp Weathered Back Ground in Real Red on Whisper White Card Stock. Then punch out as many eyes as you need with the 3/4" punch. Take a sponge dauber and sponge the very edges of the entire eye with Old Olive ink. I tried it without the old olive and the eyes just did not look right. Then take two small pieces of excess rubber from your stamp sets. Put them on top of two glue dots leave for a moment or the glue dots are hard to pull off along with the rubber. I take my snail adhesive and run a tiny strip in the middle of the eye, then I wet my finger pick up the black 1/4" circle punched pieces with the tip of my finger and put it on the snail adhesive on the middle of the eye. Then put the rubber and glue dots on the back of the eyes. Attach to Frankies Face.

Frankie with Eyes.

Supplies to make nose. I really like the look of the Round Tab punch for the nose on the bigger Frankie's but they were too big for the small Frankie's. So I tried a few things including a Christmas Bulb punch which looked good but was too small. Finally I got the 3/4" Circle out I used to make the eyes and punched a circle out of Kiwi Kiss CS I trimmed it to leave the rounded bottom of the nose and then sponged the edges with Old Olive ink to give dimension again.
Frankie with a Nose
I then took the Word Window Punch and punched out a black punch then cut in half jaggedly cut the rounded end off snailed half of it and attached on both sides of the face for Frankie's face Bolts. Frankies full face with Drawn on mouth, and scars using the Basic Black Marker
Now you open him back up and punch a word window punch out of the top of the under side of the face. You then put the Kit Kat inside thru the word window punched out part. I snail about 1/2" of each end of the paper to the bottom see the pinched pieces on sides of Kit Kat below that is where I snail it.
Frankie with Kit Kat in and attached. You can put a glue dot behind the Kit Kat attached to the back of the paper in case you are worried it will fall out. Finally you have your Finished Friendly Frankie Kit Kat Holder. Lastly I took a piece of Egg Plant Gross Grain Ribbon and put it thru the frankie and tied it up above with two knots so Frankie can be carried like a bag.
.......
I hope you give him a try. I think the Kids in Willow's Pre School Class will really like them!
.......
If you have any questions I will be happy to help you make the Friendly Frankies!
.......
Heather

14 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Heather,
This project is just to spooky cute. Love the details and what a fun way to give candy away.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow! you have got sooooommmmmeeeee patience! these are just adorable!
i wish i was a kid in that class!!

p.s. your "click here" for your candy doesn't work. at least it hasn't for me. and i'd love to enter.

hugs,

Tammy said...

So cute! The kids are going to love them.

Regina said...

hi, Heather
OH, that's great! I love the spooky Frankie! Thanks for the tutorial!
Regina

Regina said...

Heather, your "click here" for your candy is ok!

PaperCrafty said...

Adorable project Heather!! Frankie is too cute!!

bluepoohbear75 said...

Wow, how cute and fun. I can't wait to try it out. Thanks for sharing.

Christine said...

OMG...I love them!!! Too cute!!!

margie c said...

I love Franky!!! He's my fave Halloween character, other than vamps ;)
Very cute! and sweet of you to share your tutorial!
Hope you feel better!!!
:*) margie

Christi said...

These are so cute! Thank you so much for the tutorial!!!

Lelia said...

How awesome is that??? I am definitely going to have to try that! Thanks for the awesome tute! :O)

Hugs,
Lelia

Kerry said...

What a fun way to give a little treat!

Dragonlady said...

Wow, great mask and thanks for the tutorial Heather.

Ali x

Nicola said...

These are fabulous gifts Heather, love those eyes and your tut.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-