Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Flutter By Wednesdays a Month long Birthday Celebration - Introducing Whimsical Wednesdays formerly known as Twinkling Tuesdays Fun New Challenges!!!!

Pink Fluttering
.......
.......
Whimsical Sketchy Challenges
Hi Y'all (LOL) no southern d'rall here, but doesn't Y'all sound better than Everyone??
.......
So bet you thought I dropped of the face of the earth hungh?? Nope I have been on Vacation with my family and my good (Stamping/Blogging/Phone) friend Janna Hull's family at Lake of the Ozarks where her parents live in a Lake House there. We rented their other Lake house and we got to spend lots of time with her family and we had a blast swimming in the lake, kids swimming all day on and off in the hot tub, boating, and relaxing!!!! Did Janna and I get to stamp???? Nope not once but we both brought lots of stamping supplies!!! Go figure!!! LOL!!!
......
So anyway we had a lot of fun at the Lake and my kids cried when we had to leave. Janna's little 2 year old girl Izzy and my little 2 year old boy Tucker seemed to like each other and they kind of showed a little interest in playing together but usually when one of them was ready to play the other one was not ready to play but they did give each other several hugs and kisses!!! Jann'as two nieces were there also and my girls are 7 and 5 years old, and her nieces are 8 and 6 years old so they played non stop all weekend!!!!
.......
Now onto all of the News for today!!! You will want to read this whole post because there are TWO not just one, but TWO Prizes up for grabs on my Wednesday Design Teams!!!
.......
Today is a very special day here on my blog it is the 2nd week of our Month Long Celebration for Danni (our Flutter By Wednesday Creators) 40th Birthday Yea!!!!!! Today's Challenge is to use Danni's favorite color PINK on your card along with a Butterfly or Fairy somewhere on your card. If you play along with us this week then you need to link your creation up on Danni's blog in Mr. Linky, and at the end of the month there will be Blog Candy up for grabs for participants!!!
.......
When you get done here be sure to head on out and check out all the Pink Goodness my Flutter By Girls are sure to have for you!!! This week we said good bye to Taylor and Kim on the Flutter By Team, Good Luck Girls we will miss you!!!!
.......
Flutterby Wednesdays Featured Stamper Team:
.......
Ann... Cassie ... Chris ... Christine ... Harriet ... Heather ... Jodi ... Lelia ... Michelle ... Nancy ... Nicola ... Stef ...
.......
Now for a Big Announcement!!! Remember Twinkling Tuesdays??? Remember that we have been on Hiatus for about 2 months??? Well we are back and we are different but a fun good different!!!
.......
Twinkling Tuesdays is now Whimsical Wednesdays (The Diedrich Dare) which will have wonderful sketches and challenges from Madelynn, and her twin Brothers Nicky, and Jack each week!!!! There will even be prizes some times and today the Prize is donated by The Greeting Farm's Marie and she is donating Jessica Diedrichs new stamp set Butterfly Wishes so Woooo Hoooo!!!!
.......
So Be sure to head out and check out the new blog and wonderful creations everyone made using Madelynn's sketch this week and we would love to see you play along to win the great prize this week too!!! If you make a creation using the sketch either leave a comment on the Whimsical Wednesday Blog or Jessica's (Madelynn's Mommy) Blog and when you upload your card use keywords DDSC1
........
The Whimsical Wednesdays Girls:
.......
.......
.......
So by now you have probably figured out that today I have combined two Challenges on my Card for today. I am not saying this will be what I always do on Wednesdays many times I will probably have two posts, but today they went so well together in my head I just had to combine them!!!!
.......
Flutter By Wednesday Challenge for this week:
Use a Flutter By (Butterfly) or a Fairy on your card
Use Danni's favorite color Pink on your card along with a Butterfly or Fairy too!!
.......
Whimsical Wednesday - The Diedrich Dare Sketch Challenge for this week:
And....... Below is what I came up with for my challenge!!! I used the above sketch and did everything but the Sentiment on it!!! I wanted to add a Happy Birthday Sentiment so I could send this pretty card off to Danni for her birthday, but I just felt a sentiment on the outside would make the card to busy!!! So I left off the Sentiment, but followed the rest of the sketch above.

I used SU Card stock in 4 different shades of Pink Pink Pirouette, Pixie Pink, Pretty in Pink, and Pink Passion. My image The Greeting Farm Fairy is stamped in Memento Ink on NeeNah paper and colored with my copics.
.......
I used my Large Scallop Circle Nesties to cut out the two Circle layers. The first dark pink layer, the fisrt dark pink circle layer, and the image layer are all popped up using excess foam and rubber from my stamps.

I have had these Flower Beads for ages and ages and ages and I never think to use them I have hundreds of them in 5 different colors but since two of the shades were pinks I was so excited to use them as the 5 round things on the top left and bottom right corners of the sketch!!!

Here is sweet Fairy Ava from The Greeting Farm, which is appropriate because she is named after Jess's youngest Daughter Ava!!!

.......

Ava is colored up in Copics in these shades:

RV00, RV02, RV04, RV08, RV10, R00, E00, E93, RV21, E31, E22, E35

.......

Well this week is a crazy busy one again I keep thinking one of these weeks it is going to slow down, but it never seems to! The Kansas State Fair starts on Friday and the Fair is in our Town so we will be having Hubby's oldest brother wife, and 3 kids come stay with us and go to the fair on two of the days, Hubby's youngest brother wife, and 3 kids come and go to the fair with us one of the days, and Hubby's Mom and Dad come and stay with us and go to the Fair 2 of the days. The State fair lasts 10 days so it is going to be a fun week but a busy week as I also have my Sneak Peaks for the Pink Cat Studio release due during this time and 20 cards for a Custom order due during that time as well!!!! Plus there is the daily grind of getting Piper on the bus and ready for school, Willow ready for school and then across town to Pre-K, and keeping up with the mad Man Mr. Tucker as he wrecks havoc on everything he touches!!!! LOL!!!! Whooo are you tired yet I know I am!!!!

.......

So I am off to work on some of those custom order cards I have due for my MIL next week!!! Have a Great Day and we hope to see you play in The Flutter By Wednesday Challenge and The Whimsical Wednesday - The Diedrich Dare Sketch Challenge this week maybe you can figure out how to combine them both like I did!!!!

.......

Have a Stampendous Whimsical Flutter By Wednesday!!!! Be Back tomorrow!!!!!

.......

Heather

21 comments:

the whimsical butterfly said...

Oh my word this is ADORABLE!!! Totally awesome that you could combine the challenges too-hope that made it easier for you to switch to Wed's. This is JUST too sweet and I am so happy we are resuming the challenges.

Miss you-give me a call sometimes when you can...hope you had a blast at the lake!!!

Lisa said...

Bubble gum pink!!! One of my true loves. Very cute card, Heather! Love the ribbon you chose... compliments the other elements beautifully.

PaperCrafty said...

Adorable card Heather!! I love the PINK!!

Sandra MacLean said...

Oh my gosh how stinking CUTE is this card Heather?!?!? You totally rocked the sketch! Soooo glad to be back designing with you girls again! :)

Nicola said...

Wowzers Heather, you sure have rocked the pink theme this week. Your card is awesome as is your colouring and wow that sketch is super. Love your papers and distressing and those flowers are so cute.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Cassie said...

oooohhhhh - did you hear my gasp all the way over there in KS?
it's wonderful!! how funny that we both cut out our girls and mounted them on the circle!!
the little flowers are cool too - are they beads?

Michelle said...

Heather - you made the perfect pink card!! It's absolutely adorable!

Jodi said...

Such a pretty card!! Love the image and the great job you did on your sketch!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Wow Heather!! Look at this pink beauty!!!What an awesome take on the sketch and fab coloring!! I love all the different shades of pink and all your details!!! Fabo girly!! Lovin it!!!

hugs,
Chris

Harriet Skelly said...

Well I'm tired after reading all that is coming up this next week for you!! This card is so cute - love how you used those flower beads and the fairy is so sweet! Hugs, Harriet

Christine said...

Really cute card! The Anya is adorable!

Blessings,
Christine

Danni said...

What a great card!! I just love how PINK it is!!! Wonderful job!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

holy moly! there's so much going on here! but your card is fabulous. just beautiful.

would you be so kind to email me more info on the "windows live" was that it? program you mentioned to me because of the blogger problem? i'd definitely appreciate it. or a link? i'm at poca62@comcast.net

hugs,

Kim R. said...

WOW!!!! This is so so cute. You did an amazing job! I love how you colored the fairy. I'm so excited to be designing with everyone again!!

Darla said...

Jess must love this card..being pink as well as so darn cute. Great job! I didn't realize that cute fairy stamp was named "Ava" after Jess's daughter Ava. Cool! You rocked the challenge Heather!

Anne said...

A beautiful card in pink. Lovely details and your colouring are beatutiful! =)

Greetings from Anne (Norway)

Sara said...

How cute is this! Love it, and so glad you had a good time!

Nancy said...

So pretty in pink, Heather!!! And, y'all works for me...you can't survive in the South without knowing that one!! Awesome card, as always!!

Regina said...

hi, my sweet
what an absolutely adorable card! I love all the wonderful details you've included!
Hope you are having a few terrific days with your friend!
hugs Regina

Rebecca Ednie said...

I love the beads and all the colours of pink. Very cute!

Shesjetlagd said...

What's not to love about pink & fairies!? Great job w/ the sketch! Great coloring and those little flower beads are too perfect for this card! ;)