Saturday, September 26, 2009

Etsy Inspired Challenge DT Sample

A no Coloring - Color Challenge
.......
.......
issued to me by me!!!!
Happy Saturday Everyone!!!!!
......
It is a Happy Saturday literally because I know when you see my creation this week
you are all going to laugh at me I know you are!!!! If you read my whole post you will understand why I made this creation, but it clearly is not a normal Heather Creation!!!!
.......
You see my Creation today has no coloring and no people/animal images on it!!! I know the horrors no coloring on Heathers blog??? (Who took over my body and what have they done with the real me???)
.......
LOL!!!!! No really this weeks shop was a great shop and she has some really pretty jewelry, but usually when I go to a shop I can pick a piece or 5 out immediately and know exactly which Stamp in my plethora of images it goes with!!!! Today no dice!!! I went there and thought her jewelry was so pretty but no images came to mind!!! So anyway I am doing a color challenge instead so I picked out some of her pieces and I made a card using her jewelry as a color inspiration for my card!!!!! Yep I did it!!!!!
.......
So this weeks shop for you to go and get inspiration from and then make your project and link it up to the NEW Etsy Inspired blog is called Modern Metal Jewelry she has some lovely jewelry to choose your inspiration from and if none of her for sale pieces catch your eye she has over 60 items already sold you can pick an inspiration piece from too!!!!!
.......
This week there will be two Etsy Inspired Winners!!! As is every Last Saturday of the Month Unity is offering up a prize to one lucky winner and Modern Medal Jewelry is offering up this gorgeous bracelet for the 2nd prize to the 2nd winner!!!!! AND as I said earlier it's the last Saturday of the month so that means a challenge sponsored by Unity Stamp Co.! This week's set give away is Folk Inspired! How great is this set?! A BIG SHOUT OUT to Unity Stamp Co. for hosting this week!
.......
When your done here take a few moments to scroll through and check out my fellow DT sisters posts to see which inspiration they picked!!!! I think Ashley, and Tiffany may not have cards to share Ashley is sick poor sweet girl, and Tiffany is without a camera this week but she will be posting an Etsy post and sharing her inspiration pieces she just can not upload any pictures of her projects!!!
.......
The Etsy Inspired Design Team:
.......
Here are the pieces I picked to use as my Color Challenge inspiration pieces this week!!!!
Now here is my card. I used my SU! Sets Kind Thoughts for my card and I think I just about used every stamp in the set!!!!
......
I used Card Stocks in Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Kiwi Kiss, and Sahara Sand which was once over a year ago a Color Challenge on Split Coast I remember!!!!
.......
Now the best part of my card is probably the inside!!! It is a Spring Card!!!!
.......
I literally mean SPRING card as in Box Springs because when you open it it springs shut because it is decorated with these cute butterfly's who are on Springs!!!! All you have to do to get them is punch out a circle preferably the 1 1/4" to 1 3/8th" circle SU! punches then just start cutting in circles from the outside in and you get these thin circle rings that look like a spring!!!! Then you attach one end of the spring to the image and the other end to a excess piece of foam and rubber to make your image pop up!!!! When you are done it will look like the picture below when the card is open!!! So Anyway however humble my project is this week I hope you do gain some inspiration from it and I really hope that you decide to play along with us in the Etsy Inspired Challenge this week!!!!!
.......
Remember to pick out an inspiration piece and make a project with it then go to the Etsy Inspired Blog and link up your project there by Noon PST next Friday!!!! Random. Brady, and Random.Parker will be picking out two lucky winners from those who enter our challenge!!!!
.......
Good Luck!!!!
......
.......
Have a Stampendous Saturday Everyone!!! I actually something to share with you for tomorrow, and an exciting new announcement, and I am adding a couple things to my blog candy too!!!! Woo Hooo so if you have not already entered you may want too!!!! Instructions on how to enter are above in my top post which has a link to the Blog Candy Post!!!!
......
Heather

17 comments:

de said...

Wow Heather! Your card is amazingly beautiful! I love those springs and butterflys! Amazing card!

Regina said...

Heather, your card is so brilliant!!! And the inside is fantastic! I love this pop up!
Sweet greetings Regina

Christine said...

WOW...I love this card!!! The colours are great too :)

Christine

Kristen said...

Heather this card is awesome! :) Love the inside! You shouldn't have to color all the time! This looks fabulous without it!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

What a fun card, Heather! Love the butterflies! :)

Kerry said...

Very pretty Heather! Love the fluttering butterflies inside! It's nice to change it up a bit every once and awhile, right?! :)

StampinCathy said...

What a fun card. I just love the colors and I love how you did the inspide.

the whimsical butterfly said...

Love your pop-up card :) That is one of the only SU sets I still have-I love it-will never give it up. Oooh can't wait to hear of your announcement?!? Will be waiting!

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

This is GORGEOUS Heather! You are so funny with your self imposed challenge! :) And I'm very surprised that you are using the brown logo. :) Feel free to send this card over here!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Well done, and so creative!

Danni said...

Such a great card! How fun with the pop ups!! Great job!

Rebecca said...

The colors are beautiful and I love the way it pops up!

Sara said...

well for no coloring, it's amazing!!!!

Tanya said...

Its really pretty tho! The colors are great and I love the spring cards! :)
Catching up, so I hope you're feeling better!

Lelia said...

I have never done the Etsy Inspired Challenge before..you are definitely making me think I should though! Love your card, Heather!

Hugs,
Lelia

Dragonlady said...

Fab card Heather and I love the way you picked the colours to use.

Ali x

Nicola said...

Awesome creation Heather and so beautiful inside too.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-