Saturday, September 12, 2009

Etsy Inspired Challenge DT Sample - A real Bleck Week!!! I think I am gonna cry!!!! Arrgghhh!

Pet Gear - For Halloween???
O.K. so I should just not even be typing this because as we speak our last fish (out of 13) is upstairs dying and I do not even know how I am going to tell my 5 year old about it in the morning!!!! I had just cleaned the entire tank and the water has been so awful this week and I just could not figure out what was wrong with the water, so I am afraid maybe I killed the fish somehow!!! What is bothering me the most, is I am really sad and worried about one of my friends and I can not get a hold of her and it is just breaking my heart, because all day long she is all I can think about, and I just am really sad and worried about her right now!!!!! So I am really sorry if I am Bummer girl today, I really do not mean to be!!!!
.......
This week started out really good with a nice relaxing trip to Lake of the Ozarks (a 7 hour drive from here to MO) with my family and a good friend and her family and her parents, but ever since we got back things have just kept happening and I am just stressed out and really sad!!!!! There is so much to do and I came home sick for 2 or 3 days with really dizzy spells and just feeling sick to my stomach and nope I am not pregnant, I felt like I had really bad motion sickness but I was not on the water anymore every time I stood up or moved I felt like I was going to fall over!!!! It was so weird I even took Dramamine for 3 days but it is all better finally. So with all of that going on it made the week worse because I have so much to do and I could not do any of it for 3 days and I am so behind and I am so upset and worried about my friend et.... et..... et.... So I will just apologize to you right now!!!! Please forgive me I think I am just pouring my feelings out on paper (or is it blog paper????) and I just want to lay my head down and cry!!!!
.......
So I just think I will try to make this post as short as I can because I do not want to depress anyone else!!!!! If you know me you know I am not normally like this! It has just been one of those weeks I guess!!!!
.......
This weeks shop is so cool and they have the best Pet collar's, leashes, and pet fabric samples for custome orders. So to check out all of their wonderful items and gain some inspiration please visit Pinky's Pet Gear Etsy Shop!!!!! The winner of this weeks Etsy Inspired Challenge will get either a dog leash and collar, or if you are a kitty person you will get two collars!!! All you have to do to win is go to the store pick out some cool inspiration pieces make a project of some kind of your inspiration pieces and then link your project to Ashley (our Etsy Inspired Creator's) blog by next Friday at Noon PST!!!! Our Sponcer this week is the Digi Shack and they sent us some really cool images that are just to be released I love them they are so so cool!!!!
.......
When you are done here if you have not gone yet hop on over to my lovely team mates and check out their great creations for this week!!!!
.......

Etsy Inspired Design Team:

.......

De Swanick

....... Emily Niehaus

....... Heather Schlatter

....... Jackie Bowman

....... Joy Stagg

....... Kerry Angeles

....... Kristen Dyer

....... Lee Murphy

....... Sarah Martina Parker (Sept Guest)

....... Shannon Bracken

....... Tiffany Johnson

....... Tonya Hopkins

........

Here are some of the wonderful inspiration pieces that caught my eye this week!!!!

.......

And Here is the piece I decided to use for my inspiration along with pulling some of the orange colors you see in the above pieces!!!!
.......
So Anywoo since the Digi Shack was so kind to sponsor us this week and let us have these wonderful images for FREE to work with then I just had to use one of their images on my Etsy Card!!!! I think these images are being released today so you might want to go over to the Digi Shack and check them out!!!!
When I saw that wonderful Pet Collar above in Black and Purple and Green Swirls I immediately though of this great Halloween Paper I found in my Paper Storage containers yesterday and I thought that would be perfect for this friendly Halloween Witch flying around in the Swirling Night Sky!!!! ....... Does this image not totally remind you of Samantha from the old TV show Bewitched??? I think she is a spitting image of her!!!! Not sure if the Artist was thinking of that or not??? But I just love her and she was so much fun to color up!!!!! ....... I colored her up using my Copics in these colors:
.......
Skin:R00, E00, RV21, E93, Outfit and Hat:V000, V04, V12, V17, Broom:E31, E35, E50, E51, Cape and Boots:C3, C5, C7, Hair: YR00, YR02, YR04, E07, E09
.......
I used SU card stock in Only Orange, Green Galore, and Elegant Eggplant, and I stamped the image on Neenah white card stock with Memento Ink. I added some Cool large orange and green striped brads to all four corners. I did not have a sentiment I thought was perfect for her so I left it off until I think of something cool for the inside!!!!
.......
Well I am off to check on the Fish and work more on all the things I have to get done this week!!! With the State Fair in town and lots of company coming into town throughout the week, and so many cards for releases and Custom orders due (plus the fact that Hubby's annual work party is at the State Fair today so I will be gone all day and I have no time to work on any of my things today that is what has me really stressed out), I think I am just wondering how I can get it all done in one week!!! LOL!!!! Do Not forget to come back on Monday and Tuesday for the Pink Cat Studio Release I am sooo soooo soooo excited to be Designing with them this month!!!! Now I will tell you after typing this up I am feeling better, so whoever you are that reads this Thank You for listening and thank you for letting me get it all out!!!!! LOL!!!!
.......
Have a Very Stampendous Saturday everyone!!!!!

.......

Heather

23 comments:

Regina said...

hi, my sweety
glad to read you are feeling a little better!
Oh, this is a stunning Halloween card! It's a lovely witch!

Wishing you well and hope you are back to 100% soon.

Enjoy the weekend!
Regina

Lisa Foster said...

Hi Heather!

Sorry things aren't going so great for ya...Hang in there, Girl.

Try to put the fish into distilled h2o...it could be the water change (the new h2o has too many minerals??? I read it in a book somewhere??

Your card is gorgeous as usual...I really really LOVE your coloring technique...it's always perfect..especially HAIR!

Take care, My Friend!
Hugs,
Lisa

~*Joni said...

Hey Heather, first off, stunning card! That witch is probably my fave of the newest releases from TDS. I love your coloring, it is so vibrant and perfect for a fun 10/31 card!
Now about that fish...I grew up with feng shui, and I have to let you know that when a fish dies, it's a good thing. I know that sounds bad but they actually absorb negative energy in the house and take it with them when they pass on. I don't know if this will be a good explanation for the kiddos but mine have heard it enough that they're okay with it when I have to take one of our upside down ones out of the tank. ;) When you do get new fish (if you do, that is) make sure it's an odd number and that there's at least one black one. And don't have any family pictures around the tank (above mostly). Now go get that fish out and take a deep breath. HUGS! ;)

Kristen said...

Heather this card is absolutely gorgeous! :) You did a fabulous job with it!!

I hope your friend is ok hun. Please keep us updated! I know you are not usually a downer, but it definitely better to get it all out rather than to hold it all back! {hugs} hun!!!

StampinCathy said...

Wow this is one awesome card. I just love the colors and love how the witch pops.

Julie E said...

Sending you a huge hug!
Adorable card :>)

de said...

Heather, so sorry to hear you are sad! Sorry to hear about the fish and I hope your friend is ok. Hoping things get better soon!

I love what you did with the witch digi! Your coloring rocks! And I love the DP.

Take care.

Danni said...

Hugs!! I hope today brings the beginning of brighter things for you!!
Wonderful card!!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

WOW! Your card just rocks! You colored that Lani image to perfection! Fabulous card, Miss Heather! :)

tiffguam said...

WOWzers!!!!! This card is a BEAUTY!

Ashley said...

Heather, sorry to hear you are having a bad week! Hugs!

Your card is amazing! The coloring looks PHENOMENAL! This might just be my favorite from you so far! Soooo pretty!

Also, people should link their creations on the EtsyInspired blog.

PaperCrafty said...

Adorable Card Heather!! I just love your coloring!! Try to hang in there...sending lots of hugs!!

Cassie said...

Oh Heather! I'd call you right now but I know you have company coming in today - but you are in my thoughts and prayers!

SUPER AWESOME card girl - one of your best ever!! I know I say that a lot -- but hey -- it's what happens when you keep knocking out these incredible cards!!

and what is that furry thing in the second photo?????

Top Ten Creations said...

Hi Heather! I just wanted you to know that I featured you on Top Ten Creations!!
http://toptencreations.blogspot.com/

Tinker and JingeBear's Mom said...

Hugs! and prayers!! I love your project. Your coloring is outta this world!
~ky

sarahmartina said...

I'm so sorry that you're having such a rough week! First things first... TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF. You can't help anyone else if you're out of commission! And stop worrying! It never fixes a thing! Rest up, say your prayers, and wake up fresh for a new day. :-)

On another note... WOWEE! Your card is beautiful!

Christi said...

I am so sorry to hear that you had a rough week. {{BIG HUGS}} I LOVE your card-too cute!!!

Kerry said...

You did a beautiful job with that witch image! I love that you cut her out and the coloring is just fabulous!

Sending you many HUGS! I hope your week is filled with lots of good health, time to get your to do list done, and a word from your friend that all is well!

Jackie said...

Hi Heather,
I'm sorry to hear you're so sad but glad that you're feeling better now. I know that times can be hard sometimes and you don't want to put personal things on your blog, but that's what we're here for!! Vent, rant & rave and you'll feel sooo much better just getting those things off your chest. We're here for you Sweetie!!!
Hugs,
Jackie

Shonda said...

May God wrap his loving arms around you. May you feel his joy move in and take the sadness and worries away. May He find a way for you to connect with that friend so you can know he/she is ok,. May He help you tell the children about the fish so they understand and know it's ok to cry about it and for you to know you didn't do anything wrong! You are loved so much by so many people and especially by our Father! Grab a hold of all of that love, hang onto it and know I'm praying for you!

Cathy said...

hey Heather,

Hun I'm sorry that things are going so great. Remember, God never puts more on us than we can handle. I know it's hard to remember that when it seems like everthing is falling apart. I love your card!! This witch does look like Samantha in Bewitched. Your coloring looks so pretty. I love her hair. I need to practice that technique myself. Hang in there sweetie!!

Big Hugs, Cathy

Shesjetlagd said...

Heather, so sorry it's been a rough week.. hang in there! We're here for you!
Your card is sooo adorable - your coloring is awesome, and the swirly halloween paper is so pretty! You did an awesome job w/ the sketch and someone will be full of smiles to get your card on Hallowen!

Tanya said...

Very pretty!!! Love the coloring!