Friday, August 14, 2009

Featured Fridays with The Character Cafe Team - Trying to Survive the Craziness!!!

You Always Take my Lemons
.......
.......
and make the Best Lemonade!!!!!
Happy Friday Morning my Friends,
.......
It's Feature Friday one of my favorite days of the week because I just love working with these wonderful images!!!! I have been itching to ink this one up ever since they released in July!!!
.......
My week is crazy busy I do not have one minute I am not doing something from morning to very late at night!!! Some of the things we have had this week are. Willow's Early Ed Screening across town, we had to have done for the Pre-K program at school. It was during nap time so imagine how fun that was with a newly turned 2 year old!!!!!
......
I so wish our town had a mothers day out program or something so I could have a place to leave one of them while I take the other two somewhere, but alas the life of a Mommy right??? Or at least a Mommy whose family all lives 3 to 8 hours away LOL!!!
.......
Most of the other things we had this week were, A Benefit dinner that we were at for 3 hours on Monday night for a family at church who's husband has Leukemia, Meeting with my New SU down line to help her get started, Party in the Park (our churches VBS) three nights this week, Trying to get the kids ready to go back to school. Meeting at Piper's School for a hour last night so she could meet her teacher and see her new room at school. Having my house torn apart because I stupidly started 4 different organization projects before the week of craziness started. A Woman's Conference for 7 hours tomorrow, a block party for our neighborhood tomorrow night, A Party at the water park on Saturday night for the end of Party at the Park Celebration. Well that is just some of the things along with I think 8 DT commitments I am trying like mad to get done on time as well!!!! Whew are you tired yet?? I know I sure am!!!!!!! You might have guessed by reading this that there are several time commitment clashes so there has also been major juggling to try to make as much of this work as we can!!! Whew again!!!!
.......
So Anyway when you are done looking at my Character Cafe Creation please head on out to see the other girls creations I am sure they are super this week as well I am heading out to see them when I am done here. Also don't forget to check out this weeks Work it Wednesday tutorial and if you play along in the challenge you can get a Guest DT Spot on our Team and win some Free Character Cafe Images!!!!
.......
The Character Cafe Design Team:
.......
Mary...
Sara...
........
This is my Creation for the week. I had grand dreams of it turning into something very different but after a scratched attempt this is where I headed with my image. I colored the background and the image with my Copics the Sky is B21, and the Grass is G05, and G06.
.......
I took my SU Background Stamp Canvas and stamped the Red Card Back with it in Red, and I distressed the SU Garden Green Torn Strips with SU Garden Green ink. The Ribbon is Satin Patterned and Textured ribbon from Hobby Lobby.
.......
I forgot to take a picture of the inside but I added a smaller colored image of the same and a saying that I computer generated saying "You always make my lemons into the best Lemonade" This card is a for a friend who has helped out with several things when I was needing help!!!
......
Here is my image above I colored the wood with E30, E33, E35, and E37, The Boys clothes are in B21, B29, R20, R35, R29, G05, and G02, The Frog is G91 and G95, The Lemonade Sign and Lemonade Piture and the boys hair are Y00, Y06, Y08, Y38
......
Well I am off to work on about 10 things wish me luck I may very well loose my Sanity this week!!!!!
.......
......
Heather

11 comments:

Tammy said...

Super cute!

Tanya said...

How cute! :)
I know....we just started to calm down and things are going crazy again!!!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Hello Heather!! :) I always love your colorful posts with your creations!! I'm still watching your blog and I sure appreciate you stopping by to let me know of your problems!! Thanks for that!! HUGS

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

when i was a youngin, my mom used to say to me..... why can't you find friends and things to do in your own neighborhood instead of 8 miles away!!!!!! must be a mom thing!

i'm exhausted listening to your week, but i sure can hear your smiles! may not be fun to you, but sure is fun to read. you describe is so well.

hope you have a relaxing weekend!

hugs,

Sara said...

Wow Heather, what a week, I feel for ya. Your card is great! Love your coloring and your background. Hope everything slows down.

Steph said...

Heather! you're colouring is devine! i just love this!

Good luck with all your 'stuff' this weekend, and take a deep breath when it's all over.and a bowl of ice cream ;)

Ann Kranitz said...

Very cute card....oh my are you a busy girl....things are still alittle calm here for a few more weeks. We dont go back to school here in NY until Sept 9th then I will be swept up also.

PaperCrafty said...

Super cute Heather!! Fabulous job on the coloring. Hope next week is a little more calmer for you.

TesaB said...

What a week! I hope you soon get a moment to yourself! Stunning card as always! Love the bright cheery colors and wow, is that image a cutie!!!

Shelley said...

So neat Heather, and as colourful as ever. Great colouring. hugs Shelley

Kelly said...

Hi Heather, Love your card.
Your colouring is fabulous and your
papers go so well with the image.
Ty is just so darn cute!!
Amazing job again this week.
Kelly