Friday, August 28, 2009

Feature Friday - With The Character Cafe DT - Christmas Angel

Christmas Blessings From an Angel
Hello and Happy Friday Everyone!!!
.......
Well today is Friday which around here is Feature Friday With The Character Cafe DT. Last Friday we released 8 new images!!!! We had a fun blog hop and everyone including the DT got some free images along the way!!!!!
.......
Last Week I was assigned for my Blog Hop image Angel Angelica. Angelica comes with 4 files Angelica alone, and Angelica with 3 different Christmas sayings above her head. I had started out on 2 projects for the Hop but due to my very active and mischievous 2 year old I only was able to finish one of the projects. So I had this extra Angelica colored up in Christmas colors!!!
.......
Now my newly 5 year old Willow has really gotten into coloring (recently with my copics!!! Yes I am crazy, but she takes really good care of them so I am learning to let some things go and let them have fun!!!!!) Anyway she wanted to learn how to sponge and use shimmerz paints. So I taught her those things while we made this card together!!!!
.......
Now when you are done here make sure to stop by and see my talented team mates lovely creations as well!!! It is always fun to see which of the 8 images we each pick to use!!! There is almost always 3 or 4 of us that pick the same one to use for Feature Fridays each week.
.......
The Character Cafe Design Team:
.......
.......
(Go here to see this weeks Work it Wednesday Challenge, if you play along you have a very good chance of winning several Free The Character Cafe images and a Guest DT spot on our team!!!)
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
So Below is my Card for this week. I started out with a completely white card back and then Willow and I took SU inks in Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue, Bordering Blue, and Craft Whisper White ink and did sponging to create the realistic looking sky, we also used the baby wipe swipe technique to create the clouds in the sky.
It was my idea to get out the cotton balls to make the clouds but it was Willow's desire to add the clear white Dew Drops in the clouds she calls them Sky Chrystal's!!!! I do not think I would have ever added them, but she was so proud of them!!!! I think she wanted to add them because we added the red ones above to make the Christmas Holly!!!!! The Green leaves on the Holly I hand drew then cut out colored with my Copic markers and then shimmerized them for some pretty sparkle!!!! .......
I helped Willow to paint the Beeswax shimmers onto Angelica's wings. I choose the gold color because I thought it looked really pretty with the Christmas colors on her dress!!! I first outlined the outsides of her wings with two shades of Copics to add dimension to her wings!!!! ....... Angelica is colored up using these copics: ...... Hair: E30, E31, E35, E39 ....... Skin: R00, E00, E93, RV13 ....... Dress and Holly: R20, R29, R35, R46, G06, G17 ....... Halo and Wings outlined with: Y00, Y08, Y38 I just love how the Beeswax Shimmerz really makes her wings and Halo look like they are glowing in the sky!!!!
.......
Well I must go now today is Willow's last day at home before Pre-School starts and so we are going to have a fun day together!!!! I am sure that will include her new favorite pass time coloring and stamping and making cards she asks all the time if we can make cards now!!! LOL!!!! Got to love her Willow is such a Happy Go Lucky easy and fun child to spend time with!!!!
.......
Have a Stampendous Weekend!!!!!
.......
Heather

10 comments:

Steph said...

Heather this is just fab!
I love the clouds and Willow's Sky Crystals are perfect;)

Great job with the Shimmerz, and they photographed perfectly! :)

PaperCrafty said...

Adorable Heather!! I love how you did the clouds!!

Lisa Foster said...

Fantastic card, Heather & Willow!!! Look what happens when TWO creative geniuses get together! Lovely job, ladies! (love Willow's sky crystals)
Hugs, Lisa

Regina said...

hi, Heather, hi, Willow!!!
this is a wonderful teamwork-card! Just STUNNING!!! I love all the wonderful details you've included!

Willow did an awesome job doing it though and she is so clever! I enjoy her creativity!

Have a nice day and hugs - Regina

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

So very sweet and adorable Heather!! Love those fluffy clouds!! :) HUGS

Shelley said...

Great cloud effect Heather and Willow! Great colouring of the image to! hugs Shelley

Kelly said...

Great Card Ladies!!
Awesome colouring, I love the Beeswax Shimmerz they really do stand out against the blue sky.
I like Willow's idea with the sky crystals, it looks really good.
Fantastic job again this week Heather!
Kelly

TesaB said...

This family is filled with talanted ladies! Beautiful card and great teamwork!!! Must be so much fun to share crafting moments together like that! Have a beautiful day!

Nicola said...

Aah to be floating on those gorgeous clouds! Fantastic creation my friend.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Sara said...

Super cute, love the clouds and the sky crystals.