Friday, August 7, 2009

Feature Friday Project - with The Character Cafe Team

Stinky in Pretty Pink????
Happy Friday Everyone,
.......
Did you Miss Me???? I missed all of you!!!!! I missed Blog Land and stamping, but we did have the best time while I was away from Blog Land and Stamping!!!!
.......
Well, we are back from Vacation and while I have a ton of stories to share with you about our vacation and the many fun things we did I will just have to share them with you in another post because I have pictures I just have to share with you when I share the Vacation Stories too!!!! LOL!!!!!
.......
Let's see if I remember how to post after a week away!!!!! LOL!!!! So Fridays are Feature Friday's Here on my blog and the other Character Cafe girls blogs too!!!! Have I told you before that The Character Cafe Girls are some great girls to work with and this team has been one of the greatest teams to work on??? Well they are and I really love the e-mail banter and messages we send back and forth each week!!!!!
.......
So When you are done here do not forget to stop on by my The Character Cafe Team Mates creations too!!!!
.......
The Character Cafe Design Team
.......
:
......
.......
......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
......
This weeks Work it Wednesday Challenge is a really fun one too all about using Ribbon in different ways on your cards and projects so do not forget to check it out and play along in the challenge!!! After all wouldn't you love to be a Guest DT on this great team, or win some FREE The Character Cafe Images of your own??? If you play along in Work It Wednesday challenges each week you have a chance to win both of these things!!!! So what are you waiting for play along with us!!!!
.......
So for my Card today I wanted to use one of June's Release images Cupcake Pewter, I had never gotten to color this sweetie up so I thought he would be perfect to use for Feature Friday today. I colored him up in Copics in B100, C1, C2, C3, C5, and C7 with some RV02 and Rv00 as additional colors.
.......
I tried a different technique with my Copics to try to make my coloring look more like real fur. It does look different but I am not sure if it totally looks like what I was trying to achieve!!! LOL!!!!!
.......
I used Basic Grey Papers from several different packs and two of my EK Success boarder punches, Scallop Scalloped Edge, and Fleur De Lee (sorry I know I probably just butchered that spelling but I did not want to go back up stairs to figure out what is was!!! LOL)
.......
I also used some Prima flowers and SU brads in two of the corners and I used an SU Sentiments Stamp I just love that entire stamp set!!!! I need to get my own it is Tasha's my Next Door Neighbor/friend/SU down line and I have to get it back to her!!!! It has like 8 or 9 really great sentiments in it!
.......
Well I guess that is about all for me today I have got to start unpacking and getting our lives back to normal. Today we will find out which 2nd grade class (gulp gulp I find it hard to believe I am the Mommy of a 2nd Grader this year!!!!) Piper is going to be in School Starts in 10 days here on Monday August 17th. Wow the Summer just flew by I knew it would, but Wow where did it go???
.......
Have a Very Stampendous Friday Everyone I will be back tomorrow with my Etsy Inspired Post!!!!
.......
Heather

8 comments:

TesaB said...

It's sooooo good to have you back! And it's so good to hear that you've had a great time! You knock me out with this fab creation. LOVE, love, love him with pink! Have the best of weekends!

Colleen Wold said...

Welcome home! Glad you had a nice vacation!

Great card! Love all the papers you used and the flowers look great too!

Regina said...

hi, Heather
oh, you come back again! I hope, you are a great time!
As always your card is fantastic! I particularly like how you've coloured the Cupcake Pewter! The EK Success is great (Fleur....?)
Wonderful mix of the paper.
Hope to hear from you soon. Take care
Hugs Regina

Danni said...

Welcome back!! Very cute card!

Sara said...

Hi Heather! So glad you had a wonderful vacation, I hope you got to relax, and enjoy yourself! I love your card, love all the dp's, so cute!
Hugs,

Elaine said...

Glad you had a fabulous holiday and lovely to see you back with a great creation, soooo cute Heather :)

Elaine x

PaperCrafty said...

Hi Heather!! Your card is too stinkin' cute!! :D

Kendra said...

Great colours, great card, love that sentiment :) Glad you're back at it!