Saturday, August 8, 2009

Etsy Inspired Challenge DT Samples - Native Geometric Feathers - Going to visit my Brand New Nephew today!!!!

Scroll Down to find out how to become an SU Demo for just $85!!! Includes tons of supplies.
Native Geometric Feathers
Happy Saturday Stampers and Friends!!!!
.......
Today our Etsy Inspired Challenge Store has so much for you to feast your eyes on you are just going to adore this store!!! Plus read down further and find out that we have another great DOUBLE Prize opportunity for you this week!!!!!
.......
This week's EtsyInspired shop is Vol25 by Jessica Rose. Now, if Jessica Rose's name sounds familiar to you, it's because she is a stamp artist for Unity Stamp Co and Stamping Bella.
.......
The Vol25 shop is full of adorable and whimsical artwork. I ended up going to the shop many times today and going through all of her many prints over and over again!!! There was so much to get inspiration from that I had a really hard time deciding in which direction to go I could have used a ton of different stamps or stamp sets to go with all of Jessica's totally wonderful prints she has for sale!!!!! She has everything from pretty plants to sweet little animals. The shop offers prints, sets of prints, postcards, cards, embroidery patterns and buttons. She even has FREE embroidery patterns for everyone to use HERE.
.......
This week, Jessica Rose is offering up an 8x10 print of the winner's choice as a prize. How cool is that? All you have to do to play is go to the Vol25 shop and pick a piece to be inspired by. Make any creation that you'd like and post a link to it on Ashley's (Our Etsy Inspired Challenge Creator) Blog, to be entered in a random drawing to win. Entries are due by Friday Aug 14 at noon Pacific time. If you upload to SCS or PCP please use keyword EIC48.
.......
Yep Ashley if you are reading all of this I liked the way your post about the shop sounded so much that I paraphrased many of your sentances in the part about this weeks shop and prizes!!!! Awesome post this week!!!!!
.......
.......
BOGO Event and $25 Prize Extended for This Week Too!!!!! Wooo Hooo!!!!!!
Another Bonus for this week is that we are extending our Etsy Inspired BOGO Event one more week because last week, NO ONE won the $25 Paper Makeup gift certificate last week. So we are giving you all one more shot to win.
.......
All you have to do is refer a friend that is new to the challenge. When your friend posts their creation link, just have them tell me that you referred them. YOU will then be entered in a drawing to win the $25 gift certificate! Each friend you refer gets you one entry into the drawing! Now, go get your friends Etsy Inspired!
......
So when you are done here with my creation for this weeks inspiration do not forget to head on out to my wonderful Team Mates and see what totally Awesome creations they have for you to feast your eyes on today!!!!!
.......
Etsy Inspired Challenge DT Members:

.......

.......
So the main pieces I took inspiration from this week were these 3 pieces but you just have to go to the store because this is just a tiny sampling of one of the many styles and colors of pieces Jessica has to offer!!!
.......
The Reason I picked these pieces is because as I was looking at them the leaves and the Birds reminded me of Feathers for some reason which made me think of my The Greeting Farm Native Anya that I had never colored up yet so that is just what I did!!!!
.......
I am really disappointed in how my colors came out in these pictures though, they really are not much like the real thing at all!!!! My main colors are SU Riding Hood Red, Garden Green, and Kraft Card Stock colors.
.......
I used my SU punches Photo Corners, and 3 /4" square punches to make the geometric shapes and triangles that you see around the card. I took inspiration from her Native American Head piece and that is what lead me in the Geometric shape direction and the Feather on her head is what made me go with all the feathers and also what made me settle on the above inspiration pieces in the store.
.......
I colored Anya up in these colors:
.......
Skin: E53, E43, E71
......
Dress Shoes and Head Band: E30, E50, R35, R20, R29, G67, G95
.......
Hair: C2, C3, C5, C7
.......
Feathers: C2, C5, C7, R20, R29, R35, G67, G95, YG91
.......
Ink Distressing on the Distressed Paper Edges: B100
.......

I took my SU Cutter/Distressing Tool set and distressed all the edges with the cutter distressing tool. I then took my Black Copic Marker and added to the distressed paper by running my marker across all the frayed distressed edges to make the distressing more defined.

.......

Each Feather is popped up with one SU Stampin Dimensional and Native Anya is popped up with two layers of SU Stampin Dimensional's all the other elements are attached with SU glue dots.

.......

Well I hope you enjoyed my Creation for this week and remember there is still a chance to win that wonderful $25 gift Certificate to Paper Make-Up Stamps!!!!! Ashely is even giving us DT a chance to win this one so if you want to play along this week and state that I referred you to the challenge then the DT girl with the most refered players gets entered into the drawing too!!!! So hop to it and play along with us this week and tell Ashley I sent you!!!!!

.......

Have a very Stampendous Saturday, we are going to drive the hour to Salina to visit our New Nephew that was born on Friday morning!!! I now have 5 nephews age 4 and under and 1 niece who is 5 plus my 3 kids make my MIL grand total of 9 grand kids 7 and under (8 of which are 5 and under) 3 girls and 6 boys now!!!!! Just imagine what it is like when we all get together and stay at their house for Holidays!!!!! She has 3 sons who all now have 3 kids each, but I know at least two of us 3 Daughter in Laws are planning on having at least one more kiddo each!!!! So we will at least end up with 12 grand kids when we are done I am guessing!!!!!

.......

Heather

14 comments:

de said...

Love the cute Anya card! Great job!

StampinCathy said...

This is just adorable and love the bright colors. I just love the Anya's stamps. Thanks for the inspiration.

Danni said...

Fun card! Enjoy your visit!!

tiffguam said...

Your coloring is just awesome!

Ashley said...

This is so cool Heather! I love Anya, she's darling!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

She is adorable! Love the fun colors you used for that cute little indian princess! :)

Cassie said...

this turned out great Heather - I can totally see the inspiration pieces you posted!!

I have missed you and your creations - soooo happy you are back girlie!!!

I have got to call you this week - I will be VERY close to you this coming weekend!!

Have a great weekend!!

FibreJunky said...

Oh my word. 9 grandkids aged 7 and under?? Sounds like my in-laws, except that I think they were all older by the time there were 9. Now they have 10 plus 4 more they count as grandchildren. It definitely gets crazy.

Tonya said...

Very cute, Heather.

Kristen said...

Heather this card is so cute :) I love the Anya you used! Hope your new little nephew was good while you met him! :) Congrats on the new addition to your family!

Shannon said...

Really cute card! Great coloring on Anya.

Kerry said...

Heather, I always love how you take inspiration from several pieces and turn it into a fabulous creation of your own! :)

Jodi said...

Very cute card, I love the coloring you did and congratulations on the new addition to your family!! So nice to see you are creating again, I've missed ya!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Tanya said...

I REALLY like this!!! I love your echoed headdress! Fabulous!