Saturday, August 22, 2009

Etsy Inspired Challenge DT Sample - Wild Thing You make my Heart Sing!!!

Wild Thing I
.......
.......
think I love you!!!
It is Saturday again!!! Wooo Hooo that means it is Etsy Inspired Challenge Time!!!
.......
This weeks Etsy Inspiration Challenge Shop is none other than Mrs. Kwitty's Cottage she has such a lovely shop and much inspiration to look at!!!!! This week Mrs. Kwitty is offering up for a Give away – Memo book cover and a set of matching vintage button paper clips .
.......
We also have a Surprise but Welcome additional sponsor this week and they are also offering up a Prize too!!! The Sponsor company is Ildi Co. and they are offering a prize of 3 digi stamps of the winner's choice AND a 10% off coupon for the winner's next order.
.......
So if you want to play along this week do not forget to Head on over to this weeks shop Mrs. Kwitty's Cottage pick out an inspiration piece then make a project any kind of project as long as it is home made and then go to Ashly's Blog (link below in team list) and link up your project by next Friday at Noon PST when you do this you will be entered to win the prizes above Easy Peasy!!!!
.......

Now onto some more exciting News The Etsy Inspired Challenge is about to turn 1 can you believe it??? Well we are and we are planning a big Event Scheduled for Saturday September 5th!!!!! You will not want to miss out on this one!!!!

.......

Once you are done here do not forget to head on out to all of my other Team Mates Creations I know they will WOW you with their talent!!!

.......
The Etsy Inspired Design Team:

.......
....
...
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
....
.......

Here are some of the pieces that really caught my eye from this weeks shop!!!! .......

And here are the pieces I personally took inspiration from. .......

So I took the Monkeys and thought about Jungle and I took the Black Yellow and White Colors and thought of this color scheme and here is what I came up with!!!

.......

I used my Wild Things stamp set from The Greeting Farm and made these super cute images above I colored them up with my Copics and I embossed the background with a Cuttle Bug Folder I also cut out the White Card Stock Ribbon holder with my Nesties and my Big Shot I love that ribbon holder Die set!!!!

.......

I paper pierced and drew black dots with my SU Black Journaler Pen around the matted images. I hand wrote and cut out the Sentiment and on the inside I made another sentiment set that Says "I think I love You" "Happy Birthday" .......

Here is cute Mr. Monkey I colored him up in these Copics:
.......
Hair: C2, C3, C5, C7, B100
......
Skin: E50, E51, E00
.......
Outfit: E31, E35, E37, RV13

And my Favorite image of this stamp set Mr. Lion Colored up in these Copics:

.......

Hair: Y00, Y04, Y08, Y38

.......

Skin: E00, R00, E93, R21

.......

Outfit: Y04, Y08, Y17, Y38, Y28

And my Favorite image of this stamp set Mr. Lion Colored up in these Copics:

.......

Hair: Y00, Y04, Y08, Y38

.......

Skin: E00, R00, E93, R21

.......

Outfit: Y04, Y08, Y17, Y38, Y28

Here is a side view so you can see the diminsion of the card. I popped up the images with excess foam and rubber from my stamps and the lower layers were popped up with Stampin Diminsionals. The Card Stocks I used are SU Card Stock in Whisper White, Yo Yo Yellow, and Basic Black and White NeeNah paper for my image and copic coloring and blending. .......

Well I guess that is about it for me this week I hope you enjoy my Inspiration piece and I hope it gives you inspiration too!!! LOL!!!!! Now go make your Etsy Card!!! I have lots of house cleaning and organization work this week and I have to start getting ready for a Big SU Workshop Tasha my Next Door Nieghbor/SU Down line/ Good Friend and I are doing together we have to have 1 3-D/Gift item designed and cut for, 1 Scrap Book Page designed and cut for, and 1 Card designed and cut for I will have to show you the NEW Build a Bear Dies and SU is releasing in the new Mini on September 1st they are adorable!!! Anyway anyone can come to the workshop and it is completely FREE no fee's or orders neccisary so if you live close and you want to come you can either come .......

Big Huge Stampin Up Workshop FREE No Fee's or Orders!!!!

.......

Thursday August 27th 7pm to 8:30pm or Saturday August 29th 10am to 11:30am .......

I hope you enjoyed my Card and have a very Stampendous Saturday!!!

.......

Heather

12 comments:

Jackie said...

Your card came out so cute Heather and love the layout! Excellent work as always & tfs!!!

de said...

Adorable! I love your card! Love where you went with your inspiration!

StampinCathy said...

Your card is awesome. Love the colors, layout and all the details of this card. Your coloring is just amazing.

Tiff said...

Look at that awesome coloring!!!! YOU GO GIRL!

Ashley said...

This is adorable Heather! I love that TGF set, super cute! Your coloring looks great!

PaperCrafty said...

Adorable!! I love how the B&W pop off the yellow and that stamp set is too cute by TGF!

Shawne said...

Those little guys are so cute, you did a fantastic job coloring them and laying out this card!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Hi! Mrs. Kwitty here...just checking up on all you talented gals and seeing what's being made! Love your card and how you mixed a couple things together to get your inspiration. The little monkey is so cute, and I'm loving all the great colors in your project. Very nice!!
Smiles, Karen

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is darling, Heather! It reminds me of my three WILD THINGS! LOL! :)

Kristen said...

Heather this is adorable! :) I love the sentiment that goes along with it! You did a fab. job this week!

Kerry said...

What a fun card! I love that little lion...so cute!

Regina said...

hi, Heather
oh, these images are so sweet! Your coloring is awesome, and I really like the layout too.
Have a lovely day!
hugs Regina