Saturday, August 29, 2009

Etsy Inspired Challenge DT Sample - Some News and some weekly ramblings from Heather!!!! LOL!!!!

You are Quite a Catch!!!!
Good Morning Family, Friends, Stampers, and Etsy Inspired Fans!!!!!
.......
Happy Saturday Everyone!!!! How are you doing today???
.......
Well I am doing great it has been a good week and it was Willow's last week at home before Pre-K starts on Monday she says she is so board now that all the neighborhood kids and her sister that she plays with non stop all summer have all gone back to school.
.......
Now this is my Etsy Inspired post but I just had to take a moment to share something I have been very excited about today. Way Back in December when Melissa the owner of Pink Cat Studio Stamp Company had her DT Call and choose her DT girls and her 10 Guest DT girls for the next year I have been patiently waiting for my turn on the team!!! Well Melissa e-mailed me my new Badge and images today and you guys are Ssssoooooooooo Going to love the new images being released on September 16th!!!! Sneak Peaks are on the 15th and 16th of September so mark your calendars and don't miss out on these super images coming out soon!!!!
.......

.......

So now onto Etsy Inspired News. This weeks Inspiration Shop is Red Crow Arts Etsy Shop. They have a wide variety of ceramic creations from necklaces to bowls and dish sets, to wall mosaics, to trinkets galore!!! You are bound to find plenty of inspiration in their 10 pages of sale items!!!!! If you play along this week you will be put in the drawing to win the Tree Pendant below. Also as this is the last week of the month Unity Stamp Company is also throwing in a prize too this time they are offering up the Unity Set Time for Travel as an additional Etsy Inspired Prize this week!!!!

.......

So what you ask do you have to do to play along and win these great prizes for the week?? Well go to the Red Crow Arts Etsy Shop and pick out an inspiration piece or two then make a project of some kind off the inspiration pieces and when you are done go to Ashley - Etsy Inspired Challenge Creators Blog, and link your project up in her Etsy Inspired post for this week by next Friday at Noon PST!!!! That is it and you could win one or both of these great prizes!!!!!

.......

Once you are done here make sure to head on out to my Etsy Team Mates and see their great Etsy Inspired Creations for the week!!!

.......

The Etsy Inspired Design Team

.......

Ashley - Etsy Inspired Challenge Creator...De Swanick...Emily Niehaus...Heather Schlatter...Jackie Bowman...Joy Stagg...Kristen Dyer...Lee Murphy...Shannon Bracken...Tiffany Johnson...Tonya Hopkins...Kerry Angeles (DT Coordinator)

.......

Inspiration pieces from this weeks Etsy Shop:
The piece above is the prize the winner of this weeks Etsy Inspired Challenge will win!!!!
.......
Pieces I took inspiration from for my project:
.......
The pieces below all inspired me to go with a Fishing/Sea Theme for my Card this week!!!!

So Below is my Card. It is also one of the Cards I used when I sent in my Application for the DT Call currently going on at Club Anya for The Greeting Farm!!!!!

.......

(Due to the fact that I have this card out for a DT Call that has not ended I am going to stress that this card is Copy Righted Heather Schlatter and May Not be Copied or Cased until after September 5th, after that feel free to CASE it if you like it!!!!)

.......

If you follow my blog you know that like many of my Etsy Team Mates who adore Unity Stamps my "Favorite" (Non SU) Stamp company is The Greeting Farm!!!! I love their stamps and I would love love love to be on their DT, but I know so many people are TGF fans the competition will be fierce!!!!

.......

So I had this image in my head of a Pier on the ocean and Ian fishing off of it and I sat down and started drawing a Pier. My first attempt had my angles off and so I went next door and showed Tasha my Good Friend/SU Down line/ Next Door Neighbor what I had drawn and asked her to tell me what was wrong (Her Mom is a professional Artist) she told me to change just one thing and boy did it make the difference!!!!

.......

Sky: I took my White Card Back and started sponging the Sky with SU inks in Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue, Bordering Blue, and Craft Whisper White ink for the clouds.

.......

IAN:

For Fisherman Ian who comes from The Greeting Farm Rock the Farm Set I stamped him up in Memento Ink, and then I colored him up with my Copics in these colors:

.......

Hair: YG02 Base, E07, E08, E09, E19, E30, E04, E09

.......

Skin: R00, E00, E93, RV13

.......

Clothes: B21, B24, B29, G20, G21, G24, R20, R29, R35, R46

.......

Hat: E31, E30, E35, E37

.......

Fish: C02, C05, C07, B100

.......

Sentiment:

I drew the birds in the sky using C3, and C5 Copics.

.......

I took one of my Creating Keepsakes fonts that looked distressed and Printed it in Red on White Card Stock and personalized my own Sentiment to fit the card. I then took some hemp twine and cut it in sets of 3 strands tied them together and then braided them and tied them together again at the other end to make the frame around the sentiment.

.......

Water and Shimmerz:

I did the Water By using my Aqua painters and the same SU colors as the sky and I water colored the waves of the water over and over using all 4 colors and my SU Aqua Painters, until it looked like it does now. Then I took 4 different colors of Shimmerz and water colored them on using my SU Aqua Painters again to add some fizz and dimension to my ocean waves. I used the Shimmerz colors Ultra Marine, Silver Bells, December Sky, and Butter Cream.

.......

Bouy:

At first there was no Buoy but the left of the card just looked too blue so I googled buoy's and then hand drew the one I liked the best and added it to the water after I colored it with my copics in R20, R29, R35, R46, C2, and B21.

.......

Pier, Ocean, and Fish:
Above is a close up of the Pier I drew and then cut out and added to the card. I used so many colors on it that I am not sure I remember them but as best I can remember here is the ones I used. E30, E31, E33, E35, E37, E39, E71, E77, and a Black Multi liner pen to draw and make the knot marks in the wood.
.......
I also hand drew the fish and colored them up in B91, B95, G20, G24, and E30, and E37 they are also shimmerd in Celery, Butter Cream and Ultra Marine to make them have that iridescent look that fish scales have.
.......
Here is a side view so you can see the shimmerz. You can not see all the different colors or how they added dimension to the waves but you can see the blingy shimmery effect the shimmerz adds to projects!!!!
.......
Well I guess that is about it for me this week. This morning Tasha and I are hosting a FREE Stampin Up Workshop Today - where people can come and make 1 Scrap Book Page, 1 Card, and 1 3-D/ Gift Item to take home. We are celebrating the New Stampin Up Catalog and Stamping Year!!!! If you are local feel free to stop by and play with us at 4011 Sherwood Dr. Hutchinson from 10:00am to 11:30am!!!!!
.......
As soon as I am done Marvin is heading out to Kansas City with his younger brother and two of his High School Friends to go to a Kansas City Chiefs game and then they are spending the night up there and coming home on Sunday because the came does not even start until 7:30pm. I get to stay home and spend time with the kids, do laundry, and finish getting the house ready for Willow's Teacher to come and do a Home Visit on Tuesday Evening. For some reason since the Pre-K program we are sending her too was fortunate enough to get Grant Money from the State to help fund an exceptional Pre-K program then one of the things they have to do is 1 Home Visit. So that will be Tuesday night for us!!!
.......
Have a Very Stampendous Weekend!!!! Don't forget to play along in the Etsy Challenge this week to be eligible to win the prizes!!!!!! Also Next Week the Etsy Inspired Challenge is turning 1 year old!!! We have all sorts of exciting things coming up that you will love and there are lots of prizes for next week so do not miss out on the Etsy Inspired Challenge Big Birthday Event!!!
.......
.......
Heather

15 comments:

Avril Ann said...

Oh Heather, what a beautiful card, I love the wee fisher man....love the sentiment too. I guess there will be some tears in your household next week. I remember my lot (6) going to school, now all but one has left and my grandson is living here and just went into p5. I love the school holidays, and weekends when they are here.....hate when they go back to school, I miss them so much. Hugs Avril xxx

Regina said...

hi, my sweet
you always amaze me with your cards! This is an other one! What a great scene card!!!
I especially like the way you colored the water, so clever!

I wish you both a successful workshop!
hugs and kisses - Regina

de said...

Hi Heather! I really love your card! Love how you drew your inspiration from those cute items! And congrats about Pink Cat! Can't wait to see!

Jackie said...

Hey Heather!
I LOVE your card girl! Your coloring is amazing and attention to detail is awesome as always!!! Excellent work & tfs!!!

StampinCathy said...

Your card is just amazing and love the stamps and sentment. Love all the details you added to this card. Congrats on being a Guest DT for Pink Cat Studio. How exciting!

tiffguam said...

WOWzers!!! Look at that knock-out of a card! You TOTALLY outdid yourself! Your project is my fave this week!!!!

Sherry Campbell said...

Super cute card!! I totally love it.

Ashley said...

Super duper cute Heather! Best of luck with the DT call.

Kerry said...

Good luck with the DT call! This card is adorable! You always have such fun and cute cards and your coloring is great!

PaperCrafty said...

Fabulous card Heather!! I love your coloring!

Good Luck with the DT call!!

the whimsical butterfly said...

This is too cute! Love the little fishing pier you made, it's adorable.
I have a ton of catching up to do on your blog-I feel awful just can't seem to NOT have germs in this house!

Speaking of your SU stuff, maybe you can help me about this rumor I'm hearing that demos are not going to be allowed to be on DT's anymore? What's up with that? Heard anything?

Hope you're having a good weekend!

Heather "Hev" said...

Popping by to say hi :)

Missing my time to blog hop - but hope to pop by and comment properly soon :)

Finally managed to make a card or two :)

Hope you are well

Heather

Nicola said...

Hi Heather,
Your card is awesome sweetie and that scene sure rocks this creation. Thanks a million for taking the time to show which copics you used as I have just bought my first wee batch of 72 to see how I get on with them.
You have been so busy since I went AWOL and what a pleasure it now is to come in and view your fantastic blog.
Hugs,
Nicola

Tasha Hickert said...

Hey, this looks really good in the pictures too! That "rope" around the sign is such a cool idea. I have my fingers crossed for you because you deserve a spot on the dt!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh what a fun little guy!!! Congrats on that exciting news!!!