Saturday, August 15, 2009

Etsy Inspired Challenge DT Sample, and a Inktegrity Sneak Peak too!!!!

The Family that Plays
.......
.......
together, Stays together!!!!
Hello and Good Morning!!!!
.......
It is Etsy Inspired Challenge today and I have another special treat for you too!!! When I saw this weeks great shop MelissaKate Prints, I ended up taking inspiration from the colors of several of the prints and then while searching through images for those colors I remembered these new images being released tomorrow over at Inktegrity Blog and so I Incorporated 3 of the Inktegrity New Release images into my card today too!!!!
.......
Now do not forget when you leave here to head on out to my Etsy Inspired Challenge DT members and see their great creations as well!!! Saturdays are always the most fun in the mornings because I get to browse through and see all their creations!!!
.......
This month we are going to Celebrate Big because the Etsy Inspired Challenge is getting ready to turn 1 year old. I tried to copy and paste the banner from Ashelys blog to my post but it is not showing up very big so you can also check it out in my side bar under my Etsy Inspired Challenge DT list right now it is showing up really small too, until I can ask Ashley or De what I need to do to make it big like theirs are I have it linked to Ashely's blog where you can see the full version. You will not want to miss out on this Celebration!!!
.......
.......
This Weeks Prizes:
Here are a few of the great pieces from this weeks Etsy Inspired Shop Melissakates Prints. The Prize this week is a non photo print from MelissaKates shop, and also as a bonus one of the DT's AiFactory Ashely our Etsy Inspired Creator is on is also sponsoring us this week and giving away a Blog Couture blog banner with custom personalization! This is a $22 value!
.......
The pieces below were the actual pieces I personally took inspiration from this week.
.......
.......
For my card today when I saw the colors in many of the prints at today's shop I knew they would go well with these brand new images being released tomorrow at Inktegrity so I colored them up off of the Etsy inspiration shop colors and this is what I came up with.
.......
When I saw all the birds together at the Etsy Shop it made me think of putting these images together to make a Sports Family. So I used All Star Little Girl, Tennis Girl, and Game Day football boy images. I made the Tennis girl bigger so she could represent the Mom or a Big Sister of the group.
.......
The sentiments are also being released tomorrow called Have a Ball Sentiments. I originally was going to make my own sentiment that said The Family that Plays together Stays together, but these fit well to so I took the All Star Star sentiment and matted it on card stock and added the word family all around it so it became the All Star Family sentiment. The Go Team sentiment I did not change at all I just added the brads to attach it to the card.
.......
Here is the Tennis Girl image I colored her up in G00, G06, YG00, YG61, and YG09, Skin is E00, R00, E93, and R21, Tennis Racket is B21, and B29, Hair is E31, E33, E35.
For the Game Day football boy I colored him up in E19, E39, and E08 for the football, Skin is E00, E93, and R21, Hair is Y00, Y08, Y38, Shirt is B21, B29, and G02, G06, Pants are E31, E33, and E35.

All Star little girl image I colored up in E50, E51, and E00, and R21 for the skin, Y00, Y06, Y08, and Y38 for the Hair, Outfit is G02, and G06, and YG04, YG09, all star is colored in B21

Above you can see some of the dimension, all of the layers are popped up one layer or two to give different levels of dimension to the card. I distressed the orange matting around the All Star sentiment, and the right hand side of the Green Card back layer is also distressed and guess what I did not use my kitchen knife this time I used my SU Cutter Kit distressing tool. My girls had fun playing with that tool this week because it scores, cuts, perforates, and distresses they loved it!!!!

.......

So if you read my post yesterday and saw what craziness I have had this week then you know today is just as busy as the rest of the week!!! In the morning I am supposed to leave at 7:45 to go to a Woman's Conference all day with some friends of mine who happen to be Mommy's of some of Willow's little friends too!!!! The conference last from 8am to 3:30pm. Then at 5pm we are either going to go to our Neighborhood Block Party, or the Water Park in town for our Party in the Park (our churches yearly summer Entire family Vacation Bible School at the biggest Park in town) anyway there is a Water Park out there and the last day of Party at the Park is in the Water Park and the families can just have fun doing all the many different areas of the Water Park.) So we have to decide which one to go to because we RSVP'd yes to the Neighborhood Block Party before we knew about the Family night at the Water Park??? Decisions Decisions!!!!

......

I hope you have a wonderful Saturday, and I really hope to see you play along in our Etsy Inspired Challenge this week!!!!! Just remember to go out to the shop, pick an inspiration piece then make a project of any kind of that inspiration then link it up to Ashley - Etsy Inspired Challenge Creator Blog by next friday at Noon PST!!!! Easy Peasy and those prizes are well worth it I wish I could earn the Custom Blog Header I have decided I want to get one of those for my blog now too!!!

.......

Have a Stampendous Saturday!!!!!

.......

Heather

14 comments:

~*Joni said...

HEATHER! This is just sooooo adorable, the color are so vibrant and the idea behind this is amazing!! Thank you for the big smile this morning, I absolutely loved seeing your creation considering as I type this, you are scurrying to your Women's Conference. :D Have fun and try to relax today!!

tiffguam said...

So bright and fun!!!!! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog this morning!

Jackie said...

Very cute card Heather and great colors....love the texture too! Great work & tfs!!!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

WOW! Look at that gorgeous coloring, Heather! This is adorable! :)

de said...

Adorable girl! I love where your inspiration came from and I love the results! So cute!

PaperCrafty said...

Super cute card Heather!! I love how you used a bunch of the images together. Great job!

Sherry Campbell said...

Cute, cute cute!!

Shannon said...

What a great, fun card!! TFS

StampinCathy said...

This is awesome and love the colors, texture, and details. Those images are so adorable. Thanks for this inspiring eye candy.

Cindy said...

Love the colors you used on this fun card. The inspirations are from our fine feathered friends. I have a few of them in my house, they are quite the characters.
Cindy

Ashley said...

This is so sweet Heather! I love it! The images are adorable!

Tanya said...

Cute!!! And I love your post title! :) School starts this week which seriuosly cuts into our play time........

Regina said...

Very very vibrant and cheerful! Your card is fantastic!
Regina

Cathy said...

So cute!! Love the colors!Great design!! Hugs, Cathy