Thursday, August 20, 2009

2 Posts today both Sneak Peaks for Digital Delights!!! - Delightful Sketches Challenge #5 Totally Awesome Farm Images Must Haves!!!

Farm Fresh Milk Anyone???
Hello Everyone how are you today???
.......
Well I am good just still increadibly busy but I guess that is O.K. there is just not a minute of the day that I am not doing somthing yet I never can get everything done that needs done "Know what I mean?" It is a Happy Busy though which is a good thing!!!!
.......
Today I have two cards to share with you. Today is both the New Release Day for Digital Delights and the Release of the New Delightful Sketches Challenge for the next two weeks. The Sketches for Digital Delights are so worth doing because if the DT picks your card as thier favorite then you get to be a Guest Designer in a Spot Light DT position on the blog!!! You can also win FREE images of your choice from Digital Delights at the end of every Sketch Challenge which always run for two weeks!!!
.......
Make sure to visit my lovely team mates creations as well several of us have more than one card to share with you today for the new releases and sketch challenge.

Our Design Team:

.......

Wendy - Illustrator

.......

Cindy

.......

Alysabeth

.......

Heather

.......

Jen

.......

Kelly

.......

Lisa

.......

Martha

.......

Stephanie

.......

To See all of the New Samples for Sketch #5 Head over to the Delightful Sketches Blog and you can also see who won this weeks Guest DT Spot.

.......

Photobucket">

.......

Now Here is the New Sketch for the next two weeks!!!

.......

For my Take on the Sketch I printed out The New Release images for today Farm Background I cut out and colored just the Barn of the Background. I also used Farm Girl Maggie, and Charlie the Cow images on this card.

I used SU Card Stocks in Glorious Green, Real Red, Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue, and Green Galore. I colored my images up on White Neenah paper. I hand drew the cow spots on the Glorious Green Card Back and I used some SU DSP for the red patterned paper with the white dotted lines that reminded me of a Barn!!!

.......

I hand wrote the sentiment because Farm girl Maggie is getting ready to milk this cow and it reminded me of all the Milk commercials that Say Got Milk??? I added silver brads to the corners of the sentiment piece.

.......

All the images are colored with Copics in these colors:
.......
Barn: R11, R20, R29, R35, R46, C2, 00 (Blender Pen)
.......
Maggie: - Skin - ROO, EOO, E93, R21, - Dress, shoes, socks, and bows- G20, G21, G24, YG00, YG04, YG09, - Hair-E50, E51, E53, E35, E39.
.......
Charlie the Cow: E30, E31, E33, E35, E39
.......
Sun: Y06, Y08, Y38
.......
Grass: G03, G05, G06, G29
.......
For the Sky I took my SU Whisper White Craft Ink and a Baby wipe and I swiped the baby wipe across the sky to make the clouds (which for some reason are not showing up very well)
........
Several of the layers are popped up with either SU stampin dimensionals for the lower popped up layers, or with excess rubber and foam for the higher popped up layers you can sort of see all the dimension of the layers on this angle of the card.
.......
Well I am off to post my 2nd card for the Releases today!!! Do not forget to come back for tomorrows The Character Cafe New Release Blog Hop!!!!! The images are super cute and we will have a large variety of themes and styles for your viewing pleasure!!!!!!
.......

Have a Very Stampendous Thursday!!!! Don't forget to head on out to Digital Delights to pick up these totally Awesome images I truely LOVE them and have told Wendy they should be rubberized (hint hint!!!!)

.......
Heather

3 comments:

Cathy said...

So So cute!! I have to go over and get these adorable images!! I love them!! You did a great job with these, Heather. I love scenes too an these are just perfect for making cute scenes!! Hugs, Cathy

PaperCrafty said...

Heather, this is so adorable!! Fabulous job!

Sheree said...

I just love all of your work! I've been studying your use of copics as I hope to get into using them soon!
Thanks!