Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Twinkling Sand at the Beach with some Cute Boys!!! - It's Twinkling Time!!!

Kick up some Twinkling Sand
.......
At the Beach!!!
Happy Tuesday Everyone!!!!
.......
Well it is Twinkling Tuesday's Here on my blog which normally means I get to show you my DT sample of the sketch from talented 9 year old Madelynn. This week however one of Madelynn's 7 year old twin brothers Jack made our sketch for us and it was a fun one!!!
.......
When you get done here do not forget to check out all my wonderful team mates!!! I am especially honored this week because in just a few days I will be heading out to St. Louis and then to Bloomington Ill. to meet up with two of my Twinkling Team mates Jessica who is Madelynn's Mommy, and Janna fellow Twinkler!!!! I will be staying Thursday through Sunday or Monday with Janna in St. Louis, but on Saturday Janna and I are heading out to Bloomington Ill. to meet up with Jess and they have a Copic/Card making Class they are teaching at a Scrap Book Store there and I will be helping them this time around. They teach classes there every 6 weeks or so now.
.......
So wish me Luck, my Hubby keeps giving me a hard time that Janna could be an Ax Murderer for all I know since I have never met her in person even though we talk almost every day on the phone!!! LOL!!!!
.......
Jess (who stayed with Janna last month) assures me there is only one Ax in the house and it is in the Guest room so I should be well protected against anyone lurking in the night outside my door!!!! LOL!!!!
.......
This week we said Good Bye To Kimmie and to Heather Lee-Repen on the Twinkling Team Heather may be back later as she is taking a leave of Absence. We are also welcoming back original MTT team mate Taylor Ursy link below. It is funny I am saying good bye to Kimmie and saying Hello to Taylor on two teams this week both Flutter By, and Twinkling how weird hungh???
.......
The "Twinkle Team"
.......
.......
........
Here is the great sketch Jack gave us this week. I only added one panel to the sketch because I wanted to use both of my images I had colored up.
So here is my take on the sketch this week. I interpreted the tied pieces on the top of the sketch to be braided Twine to go along with the Nautical/Beach theme of my images and papers!! ....... I colored the images up with my Copics in these colors: Roo, Eoo, E95, E31, E35, E37, E39, Y11, Y08, Y38, YR04, YR09, B21, B24, G03, G06, C2, C5, C7 I have all these colors of Sand that I bought at Hobby Lobby years ago thinking I could use them in my scrap booking some how and I actually have used them several times, but when I had the perfect card for them I had no sand in sight??? Hmmm where would you be in my house if you were colored sand???
.......
So anyway I had to use Tan Flock to make the sand and I put it on the card with liquid glue.
.......
I took Twine again and braided it half way then left the three strands on each section tied and then tied again at the other end then I got some cool paper with a need braidy/twiny feeling of ropes with the colors scheme in it from one of my SU retired paper packs Jersy Shore and attached the braided twine in between the colors of the roped paper. This is my take on the bottom section of the card and at the very bottom the asterisk part of the sketch I added some star buttons in the colors I used for this card too.
.......

My Flash sort of washed out the image above he has a much darker pail and much more shading but I had to take the picture after dark and I needed to use my flash sorry!!!!

.......

above is a view of the top part of the card. What I did was take one piece of twine and then on either end I added two smaller pieces of twine and tied them together then I braided the twine down both sides and tied them again when they ran out. I was sort of proud of how it turned out!!!!

above is image #2 and you can see the (Flock Sand) he is standing in.

.......

So that about does it for me today I hope you play along with us this week and if you do remember to upload it using keywords MTTSC30 when you upload!!!

.......

I have a ton of packing to do as I am meeting Marvin's Mom and she is taking the 3 kiddo's to the Farm for a few days while I am gone. Marvin would watch them but I will be gone parts of 3 weekdays and he has to work as they are still at the end of Harvest and very busy doing all the Grain Accounting that comes along with 500 farmers Harvesting at one time!!!!

.......

Have a Stampendous Tuesday and you will see me back tomorrow for my Flutter By Wednesday Card, and my Digi Delights New Sketch for this week and then I will have to post my Character Cafe Card from Janna's house for Friday!!!!

.......

Heather

17 comments:

the whimsical butterfly said...

Heather this is fantastic! WOW!

This was a tough sketch and you rocked it! LOVE the adorable twine w/ the stars at the bottom and those little beachies are just too cute. You colored them up just wonderfully, too. Hope you are having a great day and thanks for a beautiful card-this is awesome!

Lyn S said...

Wow, this is just adorable, Heather!

Cassie said...

this is cute beyond cute heather! just adorable!! love the "sand" and the twine!

have fun with janna and jess! and i know it's been said that there is only one ax ---- but don't you think you should be more worried about decor in janna's house? i mean, what if she has a penchant for neutrals and beiges and tans and khakis and {browns}. what if she wears brown? you know how allergic you are.....better take those special glasses just to be safe!


HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAAAAA!

Shawne said...

I love your embellishments, and awesome coloring of course! Super cute!

Regina said...

hi, Heather,
WOW!!!!!!!! Stunning card with so genial detail! The braided Twine are grandios!!!!!!! Perfect for a beach card! You are so clever!

I wish you wonderful days with Janna and Jess!

Hugs Regina

Julie E said...

Love the twine - I have been reaching for it myself quite a bit lately too! Looks great braided.

Cindy said...

Heather this is adorable, love what you've done on the bottom of the card. Oh thanks for stopping by my blog and great to have you as a sister and thanks for the comment. I hope you have a wonderful trip, its always fun meeting other crafters that you've talked to on line and have had fun with. I have met a few of my good friends this way. Enjoy and tell hubby to relax.
Cindy
SBS 28

Danni said...

Oh I'm jealous!! Have fun with Jess and Jana!!
Cute card!! I love these images!

Debbie Lee said...

Love your interpretation of Jacky's sketch! You did a great job - awesome coloring, great color choices and what's not to love abt those little Beachies! :)

Taylor said...

This card is awesome!!! I love the colors you used, and you did an amazing coloring job!! Thanks for the welcome back!

Rebecca Ednie said...

Very cute, I love the braided twine, what a freat idea and it really suits the sketch!

AK Stamper said...

Hey Heather,

Really cute card that you've done!

Do have fun on your trip with the other DT members, can't wait to hear all about it.

Shell~Alaska
SBS28

Tanya said...

How cute are tehse boys?! This is a realyl fun summer card!

Christi said...

This is too stinkin' cute!!!

Sandra MacLean said...

Heather! How did you manage to touch that tan flock when it closely resembles that 'br**n' color!?! Hehehe! I love how we both used the same stamps this week! It just goes to show we were both thinking about the same thing.....THE BEACH! Yeah! :D Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family!

Lisa said...

Heather.. this is just too cute! Love the cheerful colors. You really rocked this sketch =D

Lisa Hjulberg said...

These images are precious... and so is your card!