Thursday, July 2, 2009

SU Stampers Club Projects - Happy 4th of July and Summer Fun Themes!!!

Stamping for the 4th of July
Happy Thursday All,
.......
Well last Sunday was my monthly Stampin Up Stampers Club. I designed 2 projects with a 4th of July Theme, and 1 project with a Summer Fun theme. Actually I can not take Credit for the Summer Fun Watermelon Card my Good Friend/Next Door Neighbor/SU Down Line Tasha designed that card as part of her Cards of the Month Club.
.......
As I was designing the cards I ended up making 2 versions of the 4th of July Card, and 3 different Versions of the Watermelon/Summer Fun Card.
.......
So here is my Favorite of the 3 Projects. It is a Paper purse made in 4th of July theme. The Colors are actually Night of Navy, Real Red, and Whisper White. This picture shows the colors much brighter and lighter then they are in real life.
.......
I had just received my New SU eyelet lace punch and I used that on the two red pieces. The actual Purse is all Night of Navy.
.......
To make this purse take a 8 1/2" x 11" piece of Night of Navy card stock. Score it from top to bottom the long length at 1 1/2" and at 7"
.......
Then Score it again from top to bottom of the short side (width) at 4 1/2" and 6 1/2"'s When this is all done on each side of the long side (length) there will actually be a square with all the score marks. Cut with your scissors along the two side of the square with scor marks on each side so when you go to fold the purse together the flaps you just cut will fold up into the purse.
.......
Take Sticky Strip (or some people call it red line tape) and attach all the sides so the flat paper folds into a purse.
Now you take a Whisper White 2"x4 1/2" piece of Card stock and roll it with the Jumbo SU Wheel Classic Stars in Real Red ink. Attach both pieces on either side of the purse.
The Classic Stars Wheel Can be ordered from my Demonstrator Business web site (link off to the right in my upper right hand column just click on the picture of the SU catalog to get to my Business Web site address.
.......
Now take 2 pieces of Real Red Card Stock 1 1/2" by 4 1/2" and punch the boarder with the SU eyelet lace punch. Lastly take your white SU Gel Pen and punch holes down the sides and top and bottom of the red pieces (all sides but the punched side) and after you do the paper piercing draw lines with your white Gel pen to make the Faux sewing technique.
.......
Attach the Star pieces and the front pieces of Real Red Card Stock on the sides and front of the purse with glue dots in each corner.
.......
Now punch out a Large Star with the SU large Star punch and use the same faux sewing technique around the edges of the star. I then took one of my small star stamps and stamped it in Night of Navy ink and then punched it out with the small star punch. Lastly I took a SU silver diamond shaped brad and punched a whole through both stars then put the brad in both layers and then took one SU stampin demensional and put it on the back of the two stars then attached it to the front of the purse.
.......
I attached the Red Sheer Organza Ribbon on both sides with a piece of sticky strip along the inside, and then added a black brad on the outside for show.
.......
The Purse and the Flag Card can be used as a gift set or as singles.
Above are both designs of the Flag Card. They are virtually just opposite of each other.
.......
I took a Whisper White Card Stock back and then rolled one end of the card with the Classic Stars Wheel in real red ink. Then I took a piece of Night of Navy piece and punched both sides with the SU eyelet lace boarder punch then I took some stips of torn real red card stock and put them on the other side. I punched out 3 small star punches with the SU punch and then distressed them with real red ink. I attached the piece of Red sheer organza ribbon with glue dots and the stars with SU Stampin Deminsionals.
.......
Below are the 3 Water Melon Cards. The first card is Tasha's actual design the the other two I tweaked just a bit.
.......

The DSP is SU retired Bella Blooms paper. The card back is SU Kraft paper I took my Canvas Background stamp and randomly ran Real Red ink over it and then stamped the card back, then I randomly ran Basic Black ink over the Canvas background (by doing it randomly you get the worn distressed look.)

This card I drew my own seeds with my SU Basic Back Journaler Marker. The other two cards I borrowed an old retired seed stamp from Tasha. On the above card I took this paper from a retired SU textured DSP pack then I ran it through my big shot using the CB embossing folder Bloom Dots.
.......
I also stamped my sentiment from my SU set Smarty Pants onto Whisper White Card Stock then distressed it with Real Red and Basic Black Ink.
.......
On all 3 Cards the Water Melon's were made using my SU Circle Scissors Cutter in Ki Wi Kiss and Real Red Card stock. The rounded edge of the Real Red layer is distressed using whisper white craft ink.
.......

Below are all 3 cards together.

.......
Well I better get back to taking care of the kiddo's and getting something done, but I hope you have a very Stampendous Holiday weekend!!! I am hoping Marvin will finally have a day off it will be his first day off in over 3 weeks if he does!!!! Aaaa the joys of having a Husband in Grain Management!!!!
.......
I will be back tomorrow with my The Character Cafe Feature Friday Card!!!!
.......

Heather

8 comments:

Ann Kranitz said...

Those watermelon cards are simply adorable!!!

Jackie said...

These came out really cute Heather! I love them all and thanks for the instructions on the purse...I'll be making one for sure!!

I've been having serious problems getting on your blog lately! All I can see is the green and none of your posts. I finally got it to come up tonight....just thought you'd want to know Hun!!

Oh, my Open House was a HUGE success!!!

Kimmie0270 said...

Awesome work as always! Love that 4th collection!

Sara said...

Love your fourth of july cards, and the purse is darling. The watermelon cards are too cute-very summery!!!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

How cute!! What fun projects these are!! So patriotic and festive!! :) Hope you enjoy the wonderful weekend!! HUGS

Summerthyme Studio said...

Cool Projects! Very Festive!

Vicki

Tanya said...

Ohh Love the patriotic cards and then the watermelon's are so cute! How fun!

Kelly said...

Yummy...so perfect for a summer time card!