Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Rainbow Fairytales - Flutter By Wednesday time

Rainbow Fairy Tales

....

for Flutter By

It is Flutter By Wednesday time and this week our sweet talented team Mate Michelle issued us the challenge to use Buttons, Bows, and Ribbon on our cards.
.......
I thought that challenge sounded really fun, and I have been wanting to use the Fairy Belle image from The Character Cafe on a Flutter By Card for a while now. Fairy Bell is the best of both worlds for FBW because she is both a Butterfly and a Fairy in looks!!!! Wooo Hooo!!!!
.......
When you are done visiting me don't forget to go out and see my totally talented and great Flutterby Team Mates as well, I know they will blow your socks off with their creations too!!!!
........
This week we said Good Bye to Kimmie and welcomed Taylor Ursy onto the FBW team so Welcome Taylor!!!! Taylor is also on the Twinkling Tuesday team with me!
.......
Flutter By Wednesday Featured Stamper Team:

......

So onto my card this week. I have been wanting to color Bell up in Rainbow colors and that is just what I did. At first I was just going to color her wings in Rainbows, and then as I was doing it I did not know how I wanted her outfit so it joined the Rainbow theme too!!! LOL!!!!
.......

I used some pretty lace edged wedding ribbon from Hobby lobby along with my all time favorite ribbon my silver shimmer wired ribbon for the bows.

.......

You can not see quite how pretty it looked but I created this flower with my Nesties but my neighbor had our Big Shot so I had to trace and cut out the shapes, and at first I did the outside of the shapes and then when I had them cut out I ended up tracing some of the inside of the shapes to cut out instead!!! LOL!!!!! The flower was originally meant to be on the Front of the card but in the end I just could not figure out where I wanted it that I liked it with the ribbon and bows and Fairy Belle so I used it to decorate the inside of my card instead!!! So my Button is on the inside!!!

Here is Fairy Belle close up. I would list all my copics but man that would take forever since I shaded each piece and each color so I used a lot of copics!!! If you wonder what any of them are though leave me a comment and I will e-mail you the colors!!!

.......

Well it is a busy day I have to run and finish packing up the kiddo's tonight after work Hubby is taking them an hour away to meet his mom and she will keep them at the farm while I head on off to St. Louis to meet up with my Twinkling Friends Janna and Jess!!! Wooo Hooo!!!! I am sure I will have lots of stories to tell you when I get back!!!!

.......

I will have cards posted tomorrow and Friday for Digital Delights by Louby Loo to launch the new Sketch - Don't forget today is the last day to do the sketch and have a chance to earn your very own Spot Light Guest Designer Spot along with a DT Badge!!! Also there is a Freebie on the Digital Delights Blog and Store, that is super cute!!! Every Friday Wendy will be doing Freebie Fridays and they are available for the whole week until the next one goes up!!!! So Hurry on over to pick up your freebie and see what else is going on too!!!!

.......

Friday I will have my Feature Friday Card up for The Character Cafe!!!!

.......

Have a Stampendous Flutter By Wednesday!!!!

.......

Heather

20 comments:

Shawne said...

Cute! She really pops against the black background!

Lelia said...

Love those rainbow wings! Too cute, Heather!

Hugs,
Lelia

Tanya said...

The fun pop of color on teh black looks really neat! She's a cute little fairy, isn't she? :)

Colleen Wold said...

She is colored so beautifully Heather! Love all the colors you have used! TFS!

Michelle said...

LOVE how you colored the fairy and she pops against the black. Great idea putting a button & flower on the inside of the card - great job with the challenge!!

the whimsical butterfly said...

The coloring on your fairy is awesome girl! I have to agree, it does pop up against the black even though you know how I feel about that color...I guess we both have issues w/ each other's cards today LOL!!!!!!

ha ha do you think people think we are seriously this mean to each other?

Nicola said...

Wow I adore your fairy and your colouration of her Heather. She really pops against the black. Fabulous creation sweetie.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Jodi said...

Aloha Heather!! I love your pretty butterfly in all the colors of the rainbow! She reminds me of the pretty rainbows here in Hawaii!
Hugs
Jodi =)

TesaB said...

Wowsers! She totally jumps out of the screen, FANTASTIC!!! Love this card!

Ann Kranitz said...

Wow wow wow!!! This is fantabulous!! Love the rainbow colors.

Randi said...

Oh my gosh, Heather, I love how you colored the fairy!! The rainbow on the black is stunning!!!
And, I love that sentiment!

Nancy said...

So gorgeous, Heather!! I just love the vibrant rainbow colors that you chose!! Your card truly gave me a smile today!!

Harriet Skelly (SCS hskelly) said...

Wow what a cool image! I love the vibrant colors against the black background! Great rainbow fairy!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

i can just see you smiling as you colored her. this is soooo cheery. i love it.

hugs,

Danni said...

First, love the fairy's name! heheh!
Second, she's so bright and colorful!
And like everyone else said, really pops against the black.
Also totally jealous over your bows!! Great job!

Tina said...

I love the rainbow in this sweet fairy - super fun and semi-retro card.

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Heather!! I love the bright colors against the black. Sorry I didn't comment yesterday, I couldn't get onto your blog for some reason.

Hugs, Cathy

Christine said...

She is so cute with all the rainbows!

Blessings,
Christine

Cassie said...

this card is out of this world gorgeous!! phenomenal job heather!!

Regina said...

hi, Heather
oh, this little fairy is so stunning with the rainbow-wings!!!! It's so colourful!
A dream card!!!
hugs Regina