Thursday, July 23, 2009

My Stampavie DT Call Application

Stampavie Cards
.......
.......
Friends just Chill-in Out , and
.......
.......
Cute Creativity
Happy Thursday Again my Friends!!!!
.......
When I first saw Stampavie's Call I was so excited because I love their stamps. I first started getting Stampavie Stamps last December when I was in search of some "Piper" stamps. See I had a 4 year old daughter named Willow and I had purchased her some Willow stamps from Whiff of Joy but Piper was really sad because she wanted "Piper Stamps too!!!"
..........
So I searched and searched and I did not find any out there, but in the process I came across all the Stampavie stamps and the Rachel Ann Miller stamps reminded me of my girls so much I had to order some and even though they were not titled "Piper" I packaged them as such and wrote Piper - Helping little Sister, Piper feeding Baby Doll, and Piper The Artist (Because she really is one and this stamp was so perfect for her and even looks like her) on the packages. Piper was so excited to get them and ever since then I have been in love with Stampavie and their adorable stamps.
.......
So anyway when the call went up I was so jazzed about trying out and then I lost my confidence and thought there is no way they will pick me there are so many many talented stampers out there so I decided not to apply for fear of rejection again!!!!
........
Fast Forward to today I was out visiting my favorite blogs and several of them for some reason had Stampavie stamps the last several days and I just thought you know what I remember some one on a blog lately saying "You can not be sad you do not have something if you never tried to get it in the first place!!! That was it I thought "No Heather", you know what I am going to apply even if I probably do not have much of a chance I love the stamps and just making the cards made me Happy and excited so here are my two submissions into this DT Call for Stampavie!!!
.......
I made this card today for a friend to tell her how much I appreciate her friendship and support!!! I colored the girls up with my copics some of my blending and shading is not quite showing up but you can see some of it. I love this image for Friendship Cards!!!! I have the two girls popped up using excess rubber and foam from my stamps. The flowers are from a few different Prima sets and the sentiment is from my friend Jess's new stamp set she designed over at The Greeting Farm. I also added some mauve and pink dew drops on the bottom right hand corner. ....... I used my Copics in these shades for the images: B21, E30, E31, E35, E37, R83, R85, R89, R20, C1, C2, C5, B100, E09, Y02, and Y00, and Y06 My Next Card I made for my Daughter Piper to tell her I love her and to tell her that her Art and creativity makes me really proud of her!!! I colored "Artist Piper" up with my copics in these shades
.......
Pants: B21, B93, B97
......
Shirt and Hat: V00, V12, V04
........
Hair: Y00, Y08, Y38
.......

I added some butterfly metallic eyelets that I just love and will be so sad when they are all gone, and some pretty purple flower buttons because Piper loves Butterfly's and Flowers and her favorite color is Purple too!!!!

Here you can see the dimension it adds so much to the card!!! I hand wrote the sentiment and punched it out with my SU small and large oval punches!!!!

.......
Well I am off the kido's want to go swimming tonight and then we will play games then it is off to bed for them and I need to finish off my The Character Cafe DT card for Feature Friday tomorrow!!!!
.......
See you tomorrow and Have a very Stampendous Thursday Evening!!!
.......
.......
Heather

13 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Heather, these are fabulous! You are an incredibly talented crafter and I would imagine any DT would be happy to have you are part of their team!!!
I love the coloring of these images and the coordinating papers! You have such an eye for detail and embellish your cards wonderfully!
Hope you had a lovely evening with your family!
Blessings, Maria

Ann Kranitz said...

Your cards are gorgeous and good for you for going for it!!! I wish you luck!!

Kendra said...

Ooooh, these are beautiful Heather! Good luck with your DT Application :)

Splendid Things said...

These cards are fabulous! Love them!

Gwen said...

I love your "coffee gals"! Cute card and your Piper card is awesome. Yes, I did Piper's sketch back in March and that card was the first time I won anything! Let me tell you, I was excited! I recognize her sketch on this purple card. Great job!

Wendy said...

Great cards Heather!! Good luck with your call!!

TesaB said...

Heather! They are fantastic!!! Gorgeous creations and beautiful coloring! I wish you the best of luck!!! They would be such happy people having you on the team. BTW, I was thinking of applying too, since they are some of my absolute fav stamps, but I don't know if there will be any time.

Looking forward seeing your TCC Feature Friday!

AK Stamper said...

Hey Heather,
Just stopping by to see what you been up to, I've been on the road with the Tour Bus the last 8 days and home for a needed break!

Love that cards that you've done lately........good luck for being a DT member for Stampavie!

Shell~Alaska
SBS28

Avril Ann said...

Heather Fantastic cards as usual. I hope you get your wish....you would be an asset as a DT....so talented. hugs Avril xx

Christine said...

Great cards! I wish you luck.

Blessings,
Christine

stephanne said...

Good morning and greetings from Wichita!! Your cards are terrific, I know it is nervewracking, but at least we tried, that is the hard part, the rest is out of our hands. Good luck with the DT call, have a great weekend.
Stephanne

Julie E said...

You are DT worthy!! Your creations are so inspirational!

Regina said...

Heather, as always your working is amazing!
A wonderful image on your friend card! It's so fun!
And the image on the card for Piper is so sweet! I love Sarah Kay images!!! 70s years!!! A great time for me!!
Stunning cards and so much details.
Regina*