Thursday, July 23, 2009

I'ts Release Day - Digital Delights Blasts Off!!!!!

Blast Off with
.......
.......
Digital Delights New July Releases!!!!!
Hello All,
.......
Well today is the day I have been waiting for, for several weeks since I recieved this amazing super cute images as my assigned image for this Release from Digital Delights!!!!
.......
.......
Our Design Team

.......

.......
....... Alysabeth
....... Heather
....... Jen
....... Kelly
....... Lisa
....... Martha
....... Stephanie
.......
.......

Can you believe that it is already time for the 3rd Sketch for Delightful Sketches - With the Digital Delights Design Team???

.......

Above is the New Sketch and this time around us DT members got to combine our Sneak Peaks for the New Release today with our Sketch Cards as well!!!! If you participate in the Digital Delights Sketch Challenge all you have to do is make a project with this sketch and then link it up in Mr. Linky at the Delightful Sketches Blog. At the end of the two weeks us DT members and Wendy will be voting and one lucky person who participated in the Sketch will win their very own Spotlight Guest Designer Spot on the Digital Delights team!!!!

.......

Another Random Sketch Participant will also win thier choice of 3 of the Digital Delights images!!!! Woo Hooo!!!!!

.......

So are you more than ready to see what I came up for the Sketch and New Release???

.......

Photobucket">

.......

Wendy assigned me Rocketing Ridley as my image to Sneak Peak and work with for this Release.

Last week when I was in St. Louis visiting Janna she took me to Archiver's I had never been to one before as there is only one Archiver's in Kansas and it is in Kansas City 3 hours away. While we were there we went through all the many many bins of Clearance paper and I happened upon this Space paper. When I got it I only saw the side with the strips of Rockets and Space Ships and boarders like the Green Star border you see above, and the Black and white lift off boarder below that. Also the Red, White, and Blue striped boarder I used above and below the Yellow Rocket panel at the bottom of the card.
.......
So as soon as I saw this paper in the clearance bins, I knew it was perfect for this release, and I wanted to incorporate that paper into my Card for Rocketing Ridley, I had not seen the sketch yet so I had no idea how perfect that paper would turn out to be for this sketch!!! I was not sure how I was going to do the background I make a lot of Scenes with my cards and so I knew I was going to have to figure out how to make a black sky and Stars all over the paper.
.......
When I got home much to my joy and surprise I saw that the paper was double sided and the other side was a black and white Star and Night Sky patterned paper!!! How awesome is that???
.......

Now for Ridley I colored him up with my copics in these colors:

Ridley: C1,C2, C3, C5, C7, B100

.......

Space Suit: G03, G05, B21, B24, R20, R29, R35

.......

Rockit: B21, B24, G03, G05, R20, R29, R35, Y13, Y38

.......

Rockit Fire, Y13, Y38, YR04, YR09, R29, R35

.......

For the Circles in the opposite corners of Sketch #3 at opposite corners I used Stars (instead of circles) I punched them out with the SU Large Star Punch, on Crushed Curry Card Stock (one of SU's 6 new "In Colors").

.......

Then I took my distressing tool and distressed all the edges of both stars (which is hard for you to see), but it is very distressed and jagged. Then I took my black Memento Ink Pad and distressed the jagged paper edges with the ink to give it a more worn look, and help them stand out more.

.......

Lastly I printed of mini versions of another one of the other images for this Digital Delights Release - Blast off Billy colored them up with the same colors of Copics as I used on Ridley and then I added them to the center of the stars to represent the flowers in the middle of the circles on the sketch above. The mini versions of Blast off Billy are about 1/2" by 1/2" in size I sort of wish I had made them just a tad bit bigger so they would take up more of the star, but I did not want them to be too big either so that is how I came up with that size.

.......

Above is one last picture of my 6 x 6 card. It has quite a bit of dimension because I popped up the white rocket panels with excess rubber and foam together and then the Blue rocket image sets on top of those panels The Red layer behind Ridley is popped up with excess foam and rubber and then the blue behind the Ridley image is popped up with only the rubber thickness. Ridley is popped up from the night sky layer behind him with just the foam thickness.
.......
The Yellow Rocket panel is sitting on top of the White Rocket panels again with only one piece of foam and rubber under the center of it to keep it popped up that high. If you notice on that panel I also added two parts of the papers boarders the red, white, and blue stripes on either top and bottom of the Yellow Rocket panel. The other panels are matted on SU Real Red SU Card Stock. The DSP papers I used are Moxie Mix it Up papers.
.......
The Sentiment is actually one of the Sentiments that comes with this months releases!!! I just love Wendy's Sentiments they go with her images so well and are really creative and easy to print out the same time I print my images to color up!! I colored the word Moon in the Sentiment in the same colors as the Rocket fire above!!! The Blue papers are from Basic Gray Lime Ricky DSP 6 x 6 packs.
.......
Well I think that is about it for all the Deets on this card it was so fun to make after I found the DSP that matches Wendy's image so perfectly!!! This paper would also go with the other images in this release too!!!
.......
Don't forget to visit my Digital Delights/Delightful Sketches Team Mates and leave them some love too I am sure their creations will also be OUT of this WORLD as well!!! Tomorrow is also FREEbie Friday over at the Digital Delights Store/Blog so head on over tomorrow after 10 am to pick up your FREEbie for this week, and today is the last day to pick up that super cute fish image and the matching Sentiment FREEbie for this week
.......
Have a very Stampendous Thursday Friends!!!
.......
Heather

7 comments:

Wendy said...

I just adore this card Heather!! You have done a fabulous job with Blast Off Billy and I love the coordinating papers you used too!!

Alysabeth said...

Great job with the sketch:o) Your colours are so fun!

Stephanie said...

Oh this is awesome... I WANT SOME OF THAT PAPER! What a great find!

TesaB said...

You do the most amazing cards, woman!!!

Martha said...

you did amazing, great style and coloring is awesome ;)

Emily said...

This card is soooo boyish I think the colors are perfect...I miss stamping!!!!

Regina said...

A perfect card for 30.anniversary the moon landing!
I love the little astronaut! Fantastic colouring and papers!