Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Fluttering Scene - Scottish Fluttering

A Scottish
.......
.......
Masculine Flutterby Card
Hi Everyone!!!!
.......
Swim lessons have messed up my posting schedule this week but I guess that is O.K. because the kiddo's are having fun with them and that is the most important part right?? Our Internet has also been sketchy all week since we had a big storm that damaged my Internet program some times it works and some times it does not which can change by the hour is seems!!! LOL. Ah Such as life.
........
So today is actually my Challenge for the Flutter By Team and I had issued the Challenge to Create a Scene with your Flutter By Card. This week I needed a Masculine Card so I thought it would be interesting to see if I could make a masculine Flutter By!!!!!
.......
So I picked out my new Laddie Ian and some sentiments from my friend Jess's new set over at The Greeting Farm. I colored Laddie up in Red and Blue Plaids inspiration off of some Scottish plaid paper I have.
.......
When you are done here do not forget to stop by my Team Mates and Danni's Blog too see their great creations as well!!! Danni has a Mr. Linky on her blog so if you want to play along with a Fairy or Butterfly somewhere on your card then link it up to Danni's so we can check it out and if you upload it use keywords/tags FBW
.......
Flutter By Wednesday Featured Stamper Team:
.......
.......
So I wanted to create an outdoor scene and that made me think of grass and a stone and brick wall as you often see in Scottish pictures and such.
.......
So I freehand drew the wall and then colored it with my copics then cut it out. I colored Laddie with Copics to if you want to know any of the colors just leave me a comment or shoot me an e-mail with any questions I would be glad to help!!!
.......

Here is Laddie isn't he adorable??? He was really fun to color up too!!!

.......

Well I hope you play along this week and I really hope you enjoyed my Flutter By Card this one was a fun one to do!!!!

.......

The Challege this week if you choose to accept it for the week is to make a Flutter By Card with a Scene on the card and very little patterned paper. Your card needs to have a Butterfly or a Fairy some where on the card to participate. If the challenge is not somthing you can do this week you can still make a Flutter By or a Fairy Card and enter on Mr. Linky!!!

.......

Tomorrow is the New Release Day for Digital Delights and you do not want to miss this Amazing new set of images so do not forget to stop by and see our Sneak Peaks and then head on over to pick up the great images Wendy is releasing at Digital Delights!!!

.......

.......
Have a Very Stampendous Flutter By Wednesday my Friends!!!
.......

.......

Heather

18 comments:

Michelle said...

Well I had NO DOUBT that you'd kick butt on this challenge!! Way to go - love the scene you created! Thanks for the challenge - it made me work :o)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so cute Heather!! Love your scene and your coloring is fab!! Cute scottish boy!! This was a real challenge but fun!

Nancy said...

Heather, great challenge this week! It was fun...it kicked my butt, but it was an awesome idea!! I love how you colored Ian...the red is so vibrant! Fantastic, and thanks for all your kind words of advice!! You're the best!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

well this challenge certainly was challenged and i'll just bet you had this cutie in mind when you came up with it too! this is fabulous!

hugs,

Danni said...

You hand drew the wall? OMG! You are just too clever and so creative!
A wonderful card!! Just wonderful!

Kim said...

Heather, your scene is incredible, just as I expected. Thanks for a great challenge even though I flunked it :)

Tanya said...

this is awesome! :) Love him scottish, and your card rocks!

Gwen said...

Love your little Ian-guy! You did a great job. I appreciate your blog and wanted to let you know so I picked you for an award I am passing on. (http://windchimesandlilacs.blogspot.com). Check it out if you have time! Love how cute your designs are and how family friendly your life appears to be. God Bless!

Cassie said...

he's so incredible!! another great scene - one of my favorites for sure!!

hey, i'll forgive you for never sending me this card:
http://heathersheavinlystampations.blogspot.com/2009/03/flutter-by-wednesdays-buttons-bows-and.html

if you'll forgive me for forgetting to leave a comment - i DID see it earlier!!!

Jen said...

How cute is this, girl!?!? I love it... not a masculine making card person either, but you did great!!!

Hugs,
Jen

Christine said...

So cute. I love how you did the grass.

Blessings,
Christine

the whimsical butterfly said...

This is ADORABLE!!!! I love it and its just too darn clever! You did agreat job coloring up Laddie too :) HUGS from Tennesssee girlie! Call me sometime!

Ann Kranitz said...

OMG Heather!!! This is awesome. I cant believe you drew that wall. I thought for sure it was a stamp!! AWESOME JOB!!!

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Ian looks awesome, and so does that wall you drew!! Love it!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Awesome coloring, Heather! You rocked this image!!!

Jodi said...

Very cute card Heather!! Love the colors you used for him. I just posted my flutterby card today! Hope you have a chance to check it out.
Hugs
Jodi

Rachel said...

absolutely adorable Heather! I just loved this challenge, thanks so much!!
hugs,
Rachel

Regina said...

hi, Heather
what a great Scottish card! This Scottish man is perfectly dressed in a bright red!
And the wall in the background - it's a pity it's not a castle - but also an important detail in Scotland.
You are the queen of scence-cards!!!
Regina*