Friday, July 24, 2009

Featured Friday Time with The Character Cafe DT - No BOYS Allowed!!!!

No Girls -X-
.......
.......
I mean Boys Allowed!!!!!
Yep it's that time again Feature Friday with the Character Cafe Design Team!!!
.......
This week we had a Blog Hop to showcase all the New Releases over at The Character Cafe, and it is still going if you want to earn the prizes being given away plus get a 30% discount on your Character Cafe Order then you should hop along today!!! Tomorrow the Prizes will be announced!!!! Go Here to this post to get all the info and the link to start the Hop. There are only 8 of us in the Hop so you can get it done pretty quickly and receive some awesome Eye Candy and a Freebie set of images somewhere in the Hop as well!!!!! Wooo Hooo (what are you waiting for go Hop with us!!!)
.......
So There is lots of News for The Character Cafe this week!!! We released 8 wonderful images and one is a Set of Boy Sentiments and images that are so wonderful and totally Hip and Modern that you just have to have them!!! I used one of the sentiments on my card for today!! Hmm there is a freebie somewhere along the Hop wonder what set is the Freebie??????
.......
We also have a Brand New Guest Designer named Verda!!! Stop on by and congratulate her for winning her Guest Spot by playing along in our weekly challenge Work It Wednesdays!!!! Totally talented and wonderfully sweet Tesa did her tutorial for Work It Wednesdays this week!!! She taught some cool faux stitching techniques!!! I loved her tutorial and I actually learned how to do some stitching techniques I would never have thought to do!!! Thanks Tesa!!!
.......
You have to check it out and play along too!!! Next Wednesday I am the WIW - Designer I will be sharing my tutorial for Work It Wednesdays and I will be doing a tutorial on how to create scenes with your cards as that tends to be my specialty!!!!
.......
So when you are done here seeing my creation head on out to all my Team Mates there is some real talent in these great ladies!!!
.......
The Character Cafe Design Team:
.......
.......
.......
......
.......
......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
So above is my Feature Friday Card for this week!!! I used SU CS in bashful blue as the card back and added big fluffy white clouds by swiping SU Craft White Ink across the card with a baby wipe. Easiest way to make clouds I have ever done!!!
.......
Below you can see what this image really looks like when I saw that Sentiment as part of the Great BOY ART Sentiment set I totally knew I needed a Tree House with this new release image Blossom. So I free Hand drew the Tree House and the inside wood panel of the Tree House. I also made the tree wider and taller to fit the Tree House in!!!! I hope you like it, I had a blast making this card!!!!
.......

So above is the full image before I embellished it!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!

.......

I turned it gray so that no one could copy it but you can get the Full Real Image over at The Character Cafe Blog and Store she is fun to color and I love her crazy hair my 7 and 5 year old daughters loved it too!!!!

.......

Here is the close up of the image. I also added the wood Hanging ladder which I also drew free hand and added some twine for the rope on the ladder. It was so much fun adding and altering for this card to make it match The Character Cafe Sentiment set!!!

.......

I colored all the images with my Copics in these Shades.

.......

Hair: Y00, Y08, Y28, Y38

....

Skin: R00, E00, E93, E21

....

Dress: RV02, RV04, RV06

....

Tree and Tree House and wood pieces: E30, E31, E33, E35, E37, E59, E77

.......

Sign: Same Wood colors, and B06, G24, YR09, RV13,

.......

I also altered the sign it said No Girls Allowed and I crossed out the Girls and wrote out boys and colored it to make it look like Blossom changed the sign herself!!!!

.......

Above you can see all the dimension I added to this card by popping up the different embellishments and such. Blossom is popped up once with just the rubber layer of my excess stamp rubber, and the Tree House is popped up twice with rubber and foam layer.

.......

The Flowers are Prima Flowers Janna got me when Michales had tons and tons of bottles of Prima's on sale for $1.99 intead of almost $7.00 for the Milk Jugs of Prima's. I added SU antique Bronze Brads to the center of the flowers. I colore in my own grass and stems for the flowers to grow in.

.......

Well as Blogger is giving me horrible fits every minute and almost after every single word I type, it stops to save my post again so typing this is taking like 5 times as long as it normally takes!!! Uuuuugggghhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

.......

Have a Stampendous Friday everyone ane I will be back tomorrow with my Etsy Post. It is a real cutie and making that card made me realize there is No Place Like Home!!! Hint Hint!!!!

.......

If you want to see The Character Cafe Gift Set I made with the New Releases scroll down to Monday's Post. Wednesday is my favorite new Masculine Card. Thursday is my Full Card for the Digital Delights Release today (That Card was a real BLAST to make scroll down to see why!!!!! LOL) Then yesterday afternoon I posted two cards I made to enter into the Stampavie DT Call that ends today!!! Oh and if you want to see Tesa's Wonderful Work it Wednesday Tutorial and want to play along for free images and a chance at a Guest DT SPOT then head on over to The Character Cafe Blog!!!!

.......

Don't forget to do The Character Cafe Blog hop with us to get your Free images along the way and a discount on your Character Cafe order good through Saturday!!!! Then go pick up one or three or all 8 of these super wonderful images!!!!

.......

Heather

.......

15 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

SO CUTE!!!!

I don't have any copic markers but seeing works of art like THIS really makes me wish I did!!!

Billie said...

How cute! Love the way you put her in the tree house.

Sara said...

Oh my goodness, this is so stinkin cute! I love love love your treehouse, and the whole scene you created!!!

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Heather, love the cute image and the lovely little scene you have created. Hope you have a great weekend. Hugs Nikki x

Danni said...

You are just so clever when it comes to making the scenes! Totally adorable!

Tanya said...

Wow you put a lot of work into this! Its so cute! totalyl worth it! :)

Kendra said...

OMG Heather! Too darned cute. I love what you did with Blossom and the Sentiments. That treehouse is fabulous too... great idea... one we just might have to work on I think?! Simply wonderful :)

Julie E said...

So CUTE!! You did a great job on the tree house - I really thought it was a stamp :>)

TesaB said...

Heather! Where am I to begin??? This is outstanding, drop dead gorgeous and have a wow factor of I don't know what! LOVE every little piece of this, and that altered sign - great idea!!!

Wish you the best of weekends!

Verda said...

That tree house is just the cutest. I am really in awe of your talent . Great card I love it.

Steph said...

*thud*
let me pick my jaw up off the floor.

Holy moly Heather, this is absolutely incredible! how fantastic you made a tree house, just awesome!!

Emily said...

Only one word can describe this card...AWESOME!!!!!!

Christy Croll said...

I would love a tree house just like that! :) Adorable job putting it all together. :)

Tasha Hickert said...

This turned out great! I really like how she's peeking out of the tree house. Looks like you got quite a few comments, too!

Regina said...

Heather, what a stunning scence!!!! A tree house is a dream for girls too!!!
I love your scence, my queen of scence-cards!!!!

take care hugs Regina*