Friday, July 10, 2009

Feature Friday #3 with the Character Cafe Design Team - Where'd my Shimmerz Go???

Purple Princess Pretties
Happy Friday Everyone,
.......
By the time you read this I will be on my Way to St. Louis, yes I was supposed to go yesterday on Thursday but some things came up and I had to postpone my trip by one day. I am taking off Friday Morning so wish me luck!!! I am meeting up with two friends I have only met through blogging and this will be our first time to meet up in person. We are going to teach a Scrap Book Class in Bloomington Illinois on Saturday then head back to St. Louis that evening.
.......
So Fridays you may be learning are now dedicated to Feature Friday's with the Character Cafe Design Team. Each Friday we get to pick one of the images and make a card or project with it!!!
.......
I am loving these images and I know you will too!!! To pick them up just head off to the Character Cafe Web site and Store and pick up a few instant gratification too that is a major bonus!!!
.......
Now after you are here do not forget to head on out to my team mates blogs and check out their amazing creations I hear there are some real wonderful projects this week!!!! Things you will want to be casing!!!
.......
The Character Cafe Design Team: The Owners - Kendra and Kelly
....
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
.......
This week was also the 2nd Work It Wednesday Those who participate in work it Wednesdays Challenge can win some cool freebies!!! Work it Wednesdays are done over on The Character Cafe Blog and the team member who is hosting it that week will also have it on their blog as well. Each of us is taking one week and teaching a technique with a tutorial. This week it was the lovely Mary who taught how to use Liquid Applique on your stamping projects!!! Don't forget to check it out!!!
.......
Now on to my project for the week. I choose to use Princess Ally this week for my Project. For some reason I was also in the mood to do a Monochromatic Card too. So I used SU Card Stock in Lavender Lace, Orchid Opulence, Lovely Lilac, and an unknown purple along with Perfect Plum ink, and Bright Purple Sheer Organza Ribbon from Hobby Lobby. I embossed two of the layers with my Cuttle Bug folders Textile, and D'vine Swirls
Now here is my Major Beef. I love love love love shimmerz!!! I really love to use it and I really love how pretty it makes your projects!!! I used to be able to get these amazing pictures when I used it and lately I can not for the life of me get a Shimmerz View of something??? I do not know what happened I am still doing the same things in the same lighting situations and I just can not get a good shimmerz view???? So what happened to my Shimmerz show-ability??? Hmmm????
.......
I think I took 10 pictures trying to get the right view but the one above and below are the best and they only sort of show you how pretty it is!!!! I first colored the image up and then I painted on Lilac Shimmerz onto her underskirt and the top of her gown, and then the middle part of her crown.

I colored her dress using: B00, B02, B08, V12, V04, V08 and Lilac Shimmerz.

Her Sink is: R00, E00, E95, and RV21

Her Hair is: E31, E37, E39

Crown same purples and: R20, R29, G04, G08, and the pearls are E51

Well that is it for me today check back tomorrow to find out which Etsy Store we have for you to play in this week for the Etsy Prize!!!
.......
I hope you enjoyed my card and I hope you have a very Stampendous Saturday I barely can wait to meet up with Janna (Stamps, Paper, and Glitter Oh My Blog) and Jess (The Whimsical Butterfly Blog) this weekend!!!! Wooo Hooo
Heather

14 comments:

TesaB said...

Princess Ally has never been more beautiful! The layers and the embossing looks so great, and what a fantastic ribbon framing it all! Love it!

Hav a FAB trip meeting up with your friends!!!

Shelley said...

Heather the layering you have done is beautiful. The embossing really makes it stand out.And the Princess image looks fab. hugs Shelley

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

OMG!! Heather, what a really sweet purple pretty princess!! :) HUGS

Kendra said...

Ooooh, I love this card... all the layers and little details with the embossing and shimmerz (you can kinda see it)... it's great :)

Danni said...

Love all the purple! Fun!
enjoy your trip!

Sara said...

Very very pretty! I love all the purple, and your layers! I can kinda see your shimmerz, looks great!

Emily said...

I not only like her but I like all of the cards you've posted that I have only had a few seconds to look at!!!! Way to rock them out, and always with sooo much detail!!!! I hope you are having a better day and on your way to see you good friend, you need a break to bad your card doesn't fly!!!!

Colleen Wold said...

Sooooo pretty!!!! I bet she is just so shimmery and sparkly IRL. :)

MacKenzie said...

Super cute card. I really like all the purple and that ribbon is beautiful!

Billie said...

Great project Heather! Love the layers and the texture....

Steph said...

Love the monochromatic card! I don't know about you, but I find them very challenging, but you totally rocked this one!

I haven't used Shimmerz yet, so I can't give any photo hints, but it seems to be a theme in some of the other projects I've seen, just super hard to photograph.

Have fun on your trip!

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Heather, love the cute image and the lovely embossed background. Hope you have a great weekend. Hugs Nikki x

Kelly said...

Hi Heather,
Beautiful Card!! I love your paper selection and ribbon. Her face and crown just pop against the monochromatic colour.
Kelly

Regina said...

This is a DREAM card! Adorable!!! I love the colour and this totally sweet images! The embossing in the background is awesome, clever idea! You did an awesome job with this card!