Friday, July 3, 2009

Feature Friday #2 with The Character Cafe Design Team Samples

Golfing on the 4th???
Happy Friday Everyone!!!!!,
.......
Well it is time for Feature Friday with The Character Cafe Team again!!!!!
.......
Have I told you before how much fun these images are to design with??? Each one I have used has just been so much fun to color up and come up with a design for it!!!!
.......
.......
Well this Wednesday was the first Work It Wednesday over at The Character Cafe Blog, and Kendra one of the two owners came up with a wonderful tutorial for us so do not forget to head on over there and you will even find some fun surprises you will not want to miss!!!!
.......
Each Wednesday one of the Team Mates will be teaching a new fun Technique so make sure to mark your Calenders and don't miss a Work it Wednesday with the Cafe Girls!!!
.......
Now onto Feature Fridays!!!!!
.......
When you leave here do not forget to check out all my Mega talented team mates great Feature Friday Creations too!!!!
.......
The Character Cafe Design Team:

......
.......
......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
........
So since the Tutorial for the Week featured Beavers I just had to use this super cute image from The Character Cafe
.......
First I took a Whisper White piece of SU card stock and then I sponged on Bashful Blue and Bordering Blue SU inks with some Whisper White accents to create the clouds.
.......
Next I took some Old Olive and Garden Green SU inks and sponged the grassy areas. Then I took some Close to Co Co, and some Chocolate Chip SU inks to make the road he is driving on.
.......
Last I used Garden Green and Close to Co Co SU markers and inked the Tree Stamps and stamped the trees to finish off the Scene in the Background.
.......
If you love this image as much as I do, then do not forget to head on over to The Character Cafe Store and pick him up for your collection too!!!!
.......

For the actual image I colored him up with R20, R29, and R35, G24, G29, and YG95, C1, C2, C3, C5, C7, B100, E33, E35, E39, B21, B24, B29 Copics.

.......

He was so much fun to color up and cut out. I cut the inside of the cab out so you can see the sky behind the image. I popped up the image with a double layer of SU Stampin Dimensionals.

.......

Well the Kiddo's are really wanting me to go outside and play in the water with them so I better oblige them!!!!

.......

What are your plans for the 4th??? We are going to a 4th of July party at my "Adoptive Mom's" house and then probably to the Pool in the evening and maybe to The State Fairgrounds for the Fire Works display!!!

.......

Have a Wonderful 4th of July and don't forget to stop by tomorrow for my Etsy Inspired DT Card!!!

.......

Have a Stampendous Friday everyone!!!

.......

Heather

13 comments:

Sara said...

Very cute Heather, you are so good at the scene thing!!!!

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Oh Heather, what a fun image beautifully coloured and i love the little scene you have created. Hope you have a great weekend. Hugs Nikki x

Kendra said...

Heather, this is so neat! I just love how you create scenes for the characters. Turned out great, and your colouring rocks :) Have a fun weekend!

Steph said...

What a great little scene! I just love this image!

the whimsical butterfly said...

This is adorable, girlie! I LOVE the little tree scene you created and the coloring on the image is awesome! You are totally rocking these CC images! I'm so happy for you! Hope you have a great 4th and get to RELAX?!?! a little??? at least?!?!?! HUGS!!!

Shelly said...

Awesome card, Heather!!! Your shading on the image is fabulous.

TesaB said...

Oh MY! What a perfectly adorable card!!! The scene is fantastic, the trees and the inking - wow!!!

Happy 4th of July!!!

Elaine said...

This card brought a huge smile to my face Heather, what a fab fun card! So beautifully done, just adore the scene behind the golf card!

Elaine x

Summerthyme Studio said...

Stinkin' Cute!!!

Regina said...

WOW!!!! A lovely use of this great stamp! What a perfect street-scene! All around fabulous job!
Regina

Kelly said...

Hi Heather, Sounds like you had a great weekend, love the pics.
Your card turned out great, I love how you create your scenes for the images. Your colouring is fantastic!!
Kelly

Kelly said...

This is so stinkin cute...can't help but smile! I love how you did the scene behind the golf cart.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

How cute! I must get this one for my husband. He's a golf coach.