Saturday, July 4, 2009

An Etsy Inspired Shimmery Wedding - Etsy Inspired Challenge #43 DT Sample

Shimmery Etsy Inspired
.......
Wedding
Good Morning Everyone, and Happy Saturday!!!,
.......
Well yes it is Etsy Inspired Time yet once again, and this weeks shop is Whichgoose. They have these gorgeous nature-inspired crowns which totally made me go the Wedding route with my DT card this week!!!
.......
Lots of Etsy News this week as well!!!! We have 2 new Guest Designers for the month of July Jacquie who is a very frequent and loyal Etsy Inspired player, and Vickilynn who we see around Ashely's blog a lot too!!!! Welcome ladies!!! (Links below). It is sad to say Good Bye to our June Guest DT's though to because they also had so much talent so thank you to Jenn, and Carole I always enjoyed your wonderful creations!!!!
.......
Now for the Big News, well it is for me and many of you will GASP when you see it, but I have added Brown to my Blog!!! That dreaded BR**N color that I have such a huge allergy too!!!! LOL!!!!! Believe me I have my inhaler and my phone to dial 911 handy right by my keyboard!!!
.......
No Really a while back team member De created these Really Pretty Buttons for Etsy (Well they are really pretty when I have my Brown Free glasses on!!!! LOL If you know me well and or are a regular to my blog you are totally laughing along with me now!!!! My allergy to the color brown dates back to child hood, but orange was always my favorite color then!!!!!), no I am just kidding because even with the Huge Allergy to BR**N that I have I can still always appreciate something that deserves appreciation even if it has BR**n in it!!!!
.......
So without further adu here is the New Etsy Inspired Button designed by talented De!!!! Thank You Sweet Talented Miss De for designing these pretty buttons!!!! Baby steps for me when it comes to the color BR**N, but I am getting there now!!!! LOL!!!!!
.......
Now once you are done here do not forget to head on off to my Team Mates great creations to see what they have to offer us in gorgeous creations this week inspired off of this weeks store Whichgoose
.......
The Etsy Inspired Design Team:
.......
.......
So before we head to my card for the week you may be wondering what the Prize for playing in the Etsy Challenge is this week??? Well Hold your Breath it is a good one!!!!!
.......
This week Mandy from Limelight Papercrafts is our sponsor and will be giving the winner a great prize (check out Ashley's blog for the details)!
.......
Limelight Papercrafts also has a fabulous sale going on this weekend so if you have been wanting to get some new crafting goodies, now is the time to stock up! Especially if you are in the market for any of these items:-10% off all ribbon-20% off all Basic Grey glazed brads and buttons-30% off all Pink Cat Studio stamp sets!And to sweeten the deal, all orders $50 or more will receive a Glitz Design Roller Doodle roller stamper for FREE!
.......
Remember to play just head on over to this weeks Etsy Shop, and pick a great inspiration piece, then make any kind of handmade project using some of the shops pieces as inspiration. Then link your project up to Ashley's Blog by PST next Friday to be entered to win this weeks great prize!!!!
.......
So onto my creation. As this store immediately made me think - Wedding of course one of the first stamps I think of when I am thinking Wedding is my The Greeting Farm Cake Topper Set!!!! It was also appropriate because Marie the owner of The Greeting Farm is getting Married this weekend!!! Wooo Hooo and Congratulations Marie!!!
.......
So I thought of Gray and Purely Pomegranate for my main colors and then I used my new SU Fifth Avenue Floral Embossing Folder and my big shot to emboss the large Rose patterns on the card. I distressed the raised portions with Purely Pomegranate Ink to bring out the image.
.......
I also added some flowers and Pearls from my SU Pretties kit, and some dew drops from my Silver Dew Drops Set. You can see how distressing that SU Fifth Avenue Floral Embossing Folder with ink really makes it POP!!!!

I stamped the image up in Memento Ink, and then colored it with my copics. Not all the shading on his suit is showing up and there are parts of the suit that are much darker than it looks but the colors I used to color them in are as follows:

.......

Hair Bride: Y00, Y04, Y08, Y11

.......

Hair Groom: E53, E35, E37, E39

.......

Tux: C2, C3, C5, C7, B100

.......

Wedding Dress: C2, RV83, RV85

.......

Flowers: RV83, RV85, RV89, G24, G29

.......

Skin and Cheeks: Roo, Eoo, E95, R21

.......

The Flowers are All White painted with Shimmerz colors in Bubble Gum, Burgundy, Butter Cream, and Silver Bells Shimmerz. I added small half Pearls to the boarder punched with my new favorite punch my SU Eyelet Lace Punch!!!

.......

Well today is Hubby's First Day off in over 3 weeks he worked over 110 hours last week alone (7 days) so he is ready for a day off and so are we!!!! Being the always going person that he is though he is heading off to Lowes in the morning to buy new Lawn Mower Blades (we have an Acre Yard he Mows) then we are taking the kids down to the 4th of July Parade, then heading off to a 4th of July Party, and then after naps we will take the kids swimming at the pool, and then we are debating on weather or not to try to attempt to take the kids across town to The State Fair Grounds Grand Stand for the Fire Works display or to just stay in the neighbor hood and watch all the fireworks here!!!

.......

Have a Stampendous Saturday and a Wonderful 4th of July!!!! Yea America, and God Bless the Troops at home and far away, and their families here in America who are all sacrificing so that we can have our freedoms we enjoy so very much!!!

.......

Heather

20 comments:

StampinCathy said...

This is just adorable and love your take on this challenge. Thanks for the inspiration.
Happy 4th!

de said...

BEAUTIFUL card! I love all the shimmer and shine! And I'm SO sorry the logo is brown! LOL. Maybe the next go round we'll have a color you {heart}!!! It does look quite lovely on your blog though! Breathe through it girl... breathe through it! :-)

Happy Fourth of July!

Kerry said...

Heather you are too funny! :) I hope you have a wonderful family day...glad your hubby has some time off!

I love that you did a wedding card...this shop certainly made me think wedding. And the fact that the girl has a little floral clip in her hair is just perfect!

Kristen said...

Heather this card is awesome!! :) So cute! I love the images!

Happy 4th of July!

Summerthyme Studio said...

Heather you are so Funny!!!! LOL!! I LOVE Br$*#n..........hehe!!!!

Fun to visit your blog!!! Have a safe and happy weekend!

Vicki

Heather "Hev" said...

Hi Heather :)

Sorry havent been by - you know how life gets!

Just thought Id say hi and wish you a fantastic weekend :)

Tiff said...

I think you're our resident girlie girl ;) You make the cutest cards!!!!

Jacqueline said...

This card is sooo cute!! Love this card!
Enjoy your time with your family!

Cindy Haffner said...

Heather you card is so darling.

Cassie said...

love the grey and purely pom together!!! wish i had some of that paper still!

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Heather, love the cute couple and your colouring and details are beautiful. Hope you have a great Sunday. Hugs Nikki x

Queenie Jeannie said...

Gorgeous!!!!

I'm a new member of your SBS group and wanted to come over and say hello! HI!

Regina said...

What an elegant, lovely card!
The embossing in the background is grandios!!!!! I love this Manhattan Flower! Perfect for a wedding card!
lovely greetings
Regina

the whimsical butterfly said...

How pretty is THIS?!? LOL now I see what you were saying about the Cake Topper image. Perfect timing!

How was your Fourth? Hope it was less chilly than ours! I don't remember the last time I was huddled under beach towels and anything else I could find to throw on top of me last night while we tried to watch Fireworks in like 50 degree weather!!!

Jackie said...

Woohoo LOL! Your blog opened with no problem!!!!

Love your creation Heather...those images are just adorable and so well colored! Awesome work as always and tsmfs!!!!!

Heatherlyn said...

I think that the butterfly hair piece is really beautiful. :)

Ashley said...

Very cute Heather! I love the little couple!

Shannon said...

Very beautiful!!! The coloring on their hair is FABU!

Darla said...

Beautiful card! I love the way you embossed the card, then highlighted it. I'll have to try that. Super!

Kelly said...

What a sweet card. Love the image and the coloring is top notch! Thanks for sharing!