Saturday, July 18, 2009

Etsy Inspired #45 Design Team Sample

Orangie, Lime
.......
Cherry Blossoms
.......
.......
on a Cushion
Hello Stampers and Friends!!!
.......
It is Saturday which means Etsy Inspired Challenge DT samples around here!!! Did you miss me last week??? Last Saturday I was in St. Louis in the morning and then my good friend Janna (Stamps Paper, Glitter Oh My) and I drove up to Bloomington Ill. to teach a Copic Coloring with The Greeting Farm Stamps class at a Scrap Book Store there. We also met up with our good friend Jess (The Whimsical Butterfly) who also taught the class. We had a blast and I really hope I can go again in 6 weeks when they teach the next class!!!
.......
However as much fun as I had I did miss doing Etsy Inspired last Saturday and seeing what my very talented team mates created as well!!!
.......
So this weeks Etsy Shop is The Daily Pincushion, and they have all sorts of Beautiful Pin Cushions and some hand made Felt Gift Tags as well for you to see and choose inspiration from this week!!! The winner of this weeks Etsy Challenge gets this great pin cushion below for free!!! Woo Hooo!!!!
How do I win this beauty you ask??? Well after you have visited this weeks store and picked out some inspiration, then make a project it can be anything a Card, Scrap Book page, 3 -D item ect... Then when you are done head on over to Ashley's Blog Heart Hugs and link your project up by next Friday at Noon PST and you will be entered into this weeks drawing!!!
.......
So After you are done here it is time to go visit my talented Etsy Team Mates and see what lovely creations they have for your Eye Candy this week!!!!!
.......
Now on a Funny note you see I have displayed our BROWN Etsy Button again. Well I really stepped outside of my box this week and created a total Brown and Pink Card on Wednesday so if you want to see my BR**N creation scroll down a few posts!!!! I have to admit as horribly allergic to Br**N as I am I was proud of how that card turned out!!!!
.......
The Etsy Inspired Design Team:
.......
.......
Below are a few more examples of the many styles available in this Etsy Store:
.......
Here are the 3 images I drew my Inspiration From:

I chose the above cushion for the bright lime green color

I choose this one above for the Orange color And last I chose this cushion for the Cherry Blossoms and Branch.
.......
So I took the Cherry Blossom theme and got out my SU Set Eastern Blooms which I got new last month but had never whipped out to use.

For my Papers I choose to use SU Card Stocks in Tangerine Tango and Kiwi Kiss.

.......

I also got out my Basic Gray Packs and used papers from Ambrosia, and Lime Rickey.

I stamped up the large flower from SU Eastern Blooms in Pumpkin Pie and accented with Only Orange and Old Olive SU Markers for my ink colors. I stamped the large flower several times and then cut it out for the background of my main panel.

.......

Then I took one of the smaller flowers and stamped it up in the same inks then cut it out and matted it with orange and lime papers from Lime Ricky solid colors of DSP. I popped up those matted orange and green flowers up two layers to add dimension, and the Cherry Blossoms have 3 glue dots under each one to pop them up just a bit too!!!

.......

Lastly I took the Cherry Blossom Branch and inked it up in the same SU colors and stamped it then I cut all my images out and mounted them matted them, and popped them up where needed with excess rubber and foam from my stamp set.

.......

Well I am off to stamp and clean I have 2 Sneak Peak Release Cards due on Monday for The Character Cafe Team, and The Digital Delights team and then I have a Card to finish for Tuesday that is half done, my weekly Flutter By card for Wednesday my Feature Friday Card for Friday and my Etsy Card for next week all due in the next 6 days so I will be a busy Bee this week!!!!!! Oh and I have a few special cards I have been working on that I will share as a surprise next week as well!!!!!

.......

So check back often next week I have a lot in store for you!!!!

.......

I hope you can play along with us this week, and I hope you are having a very Stampendous Saturday!!!!

.......

Heather

11 comments:

tiffguam said...

Super pretty Heather! It looks like a ton of work went into making this!

Jackie said...

Oooh, how pretty is this Heather! I'm so glad your blog loaded this morning...it's been so frustrating!!!

I love the colors, your layout and all the details you put into this! Awesome, awesome work my friend!!!

StampinCathy said...

This is awesome. I just love the colors and all the details of the bright and cheery card.

de said...

WOW! I love your card! The colors are amazing!

My I suggest "brown therapy"? LOL. Your brown card was awesome by the way!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Heather, your card is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Love your awesome colors and what a wonderful inspiration you took from the challenge!!! :) TFS! HUGS

Alysabeth said...

The pin cushions are adorable:o) I love your card!

Sandy said...

What a fabulous inspired card. Wowza!

Ashley said...

This is beautiful Heather! I love the colors and the stamps you used! Super cute!

Kerry said...

Bright and beautiful! :)

FibreJunky said...

Wowie!! That is gorgeous! I seem to be using that word a lot today...but it really is! And I'm not an "orange" person, but I really love your card in all its orange-y glory.

Softpencil said...

A beautiful shop and a lovely card!!!
Great work ;)