Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Twinkling Tuesday Time with a Twist - Literally a Twist of Citrus that is!!!

A Tasty Bit of Fruit for You!!!!
O.K. so Janna and Jess if they make it out to my blog will recognize this card, but everyone else who sees it will probably see something new!!!!
.......
Our challenge this week for sweet 9 year old Madelynn's Twinkling Tuesday's was this picture below.
.......
Well my Hubby has worked about 6 million hours the last few weeks and I just ran out of time to make a new card for these images, but I had posted this card I am showing you today back in the Beginning of January for Richard's Birthday and Twinkling Tuesday Sketch Challenge. I made this card for the challenge before I was on the Twinkling Tuesday DT though so I thought maybe I could get away with showing it again!!!!
.......
Believe me I had this idea for this amazing Citrus Card and I really wanted to try my idea out on paper to see if I could make it work, but there was just not enough time. I had my monthly Stampin Up Stampers Club this weekend and spent my weekend crafty time Designing and making the 3 projects for that which by the way will be posted on Thursday this week. We made a 4th of July 3-D Purse, and a 4th of July Card, and a Summer Water Melon themed card as well.
.......
Saturday was Tuckers Birthday June 27th. My Baby is 2 years old!!!! How did that Happen????
We had a good weekend how about you??? I threw together very quickly a last minute Birthday Party for Tucker very small but fun I think, and then on Sunday I had Stampers Club but as Hubby was once again at work doing his Wheat Harvest Duties then I had the neighbor boy Henry come over and Baby Sit the kiddo's. As we rarely rarely have a Baby sitter come I think this is the first time I have left Tucker with a sitter other then before he was a year old and I still worked some and he went to Day Care 2 days a week.
.......
So anyway on to my Twinkling post. Below are the links to my lovely team mates and I hope you find time to stop by and see their lovely creations as well!!!!
.......
The "Twinkle Team"
.......
.......
.......
So here is my Card it is using the SU! Set Tart and Tangy and SU Card Stocks in Green Galore, Real Red, Only Orange and Yo Yo Yellow.
.......

I used the Cuttle Bug Folder Spots and Dots (I think????) to emboss the background of the card, and I distressed the edges of the layers using my trusty Kitchen Knife!!! LOL!!!!

.......

The layers going across the card are not ribbon??? What are they you ask??? They are actually Glitter. Bright and pretty, and sparkly Yellow and Orange Glitter. In person they sure do sparkle though!!!!!

Above are the 3 Fruit images I made Stamped using SU Markers.
Here is my Sentiment for the card. I used my SU Markers inked up the image and then hand wrote my Sentiment as well. I hope you enjoy the card this one was a fun one to make!!!!
.......
Well I am off I have a Hair appointment this afternoon for Tucker and Myself not sure how that is going to go taking 3 kids with me to the Hair Salon while I sit in the Chair for an hour and half or 2 hours!!! Can not be helped though as we have no family in town to help with the kiddo's and Hubby is busy in Harvest!!! Last time it worked well, but I went and did my appointment and then Marvin came as my appointment was ending and brought Tucker so we could get his hair trimmed then!!! LOL!!!!
.......
Ah the Crazy things we do as Mommy's right??? LOL!!!!!
.......
Have a Stampendous Tuesday and see you tomorrow for Flutter By Wednesday, then Thursday to share my 4th of July and Summer Stampers Club Projects, and then Friday is Featured Friday for the Character Cafe Team, and Saturday is Etsy Inspired Saturday!!!! Busy Week again this week!!! LOL!!!!
........
Heather

11 comments:

Christine said...

Very cute!!! I've never seen it before so it works for me!

Blessings,
Christine

Danni said...

Very cute! Good luck with the hair appt!

Sandra MacLean said...

What a fabulous, bright and yummy card Heather!! Looks good enough to eat too! Happy Birthday to Tucker too! We're celebrating my little girl's birthday today too. :)

Christi said...

What a fun card!!!

Jodi said...

What a great take on the inspiration from Madelynn! Love the bold colors you used too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

nicky w. said...

I love the colors of this card!!! Happy Belated Birthday to Tucker!

Cathy said...

Heather,

This is so bright and happy!! I love the colors and your take on the sketch!! Great job!!

Hugs, Cathy

Maria said...

Hey Heather! Sorry I've been MIA. . gosh, life have been so busy!

Happy Birthday to Tucker. . wow, the big 2. . .LOL!

I'm sorry to hear your husband working so many hours. . .it must be rough having him away so often.

Your card are just so cute. . .it feels like summer looking at your card. I love all the pretty summer colors. . very bright and vibrant!!

maria

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Heather, love the bright summer colours. Hugs Nikki x

Lisa said...

Very cute! Love the bright, happy colors ;)

Regina said...

Lovely summer card! So fresh colours!
You make the cutest cards!
Sweet greetings - Regina