Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Twinkling Tuesday Time - with some Sugar!!! - A very interesting kind of scary night last night!!!

Sweet Summer Days
Hi Everyone,
.......
Last night we had quite the night. For quite a few hours in the afternoon you could tell a storm was brewing. It hit about 7:30 pm last night I was in Wal-Greens drive through picking up a RX (there goes the nurse in me abbreviating sorry) anyway I was in the drive through when the Tornado sirens started going off. I am pretty sure I sped home all the way but I figured what police man was going to stop me when the sirens were going off!!!
......
The interesting part came when I walked in the door and the phone was ringing. Some close family friends who do not have a basement were on the phone saying they were heading their way with their grand kids I said Come on over. Not 1 minute after that call one of Marvin's life long friends who lives about 1/2 an hour away called and said he was in town with a friend and his mom who is here in Kansas visiting and so I said Yea hurry up and get here. So at one point we had 13 people, 3 cats, and 2 dogs in our basement!!!!
.......
It was quite interesting and the whole time I was going up and down the stairs grabbing important things like purses wallets, Cell phones, camera's, pictures on the walls and all the precious things you do not want to loose.
.......
Thankfully our area of town just got the rain and lightning and wind, but other parts of town lost roofs and one car in the middle of town had a power pole fall on them while driving but no one was hurt so that is a good thing. I had a hair appointment today and found out the girl who I have started having do my hair is still without electricity so she is having to cancel appointments today, I hope they get their electricity back soon. We went 10 days without electricity when Tucker was 5 months old right before Christmas and that was a horrible experience!!!
.......
So now onto why you probably came to see me today. Tuesday is Twinkling Tuesday Time around here, and this week even though she is off on the rode visiting her Grandparents, and my good friend Janna (I am so jealous!!!) young Miss Madelynn had a great sketch for us this week.
.......
Several months ago Janna had stamped up several Sugar Nellie Stamps for me and I have not used them near enough I mean these images are just the cutest!!! Gotta love Elizabeth Bell!!!
.......
Don't forget after you leave here to go check out my team mates great creations!!!
.......

The "Twinkle Team"

.......

Cassie Larson...Christi Thorsen...Debbie Lee...Jacquie Peifer...Janna Hull...Jessica Diedrich...Kim Ross...Kimmie Doktor...Rebecca Ednie...Sandra McLean...Darla...Heather Schlatter...Heather Lee-Reppen...Lisa... Madelynn's Twinkling Tuesday Challenge Blog

........

Here is 9 year old Madelynn's sketch for this week.

.......

Below is my take on the sketch. I turned it around and added a few more dew drops on each end instead of just on end of the card but this is what I came up with.

.......

I used some of my new Favorite Paper. I have never wanted to buy it before, but I will be buying a lot of it now. This is the New SU! Textured and Printed Cardstock DSP packs. It is heavy textured Card Stock printed on both sides with a different pattern you can see a picture of the inside pattern below.

.......

I colored up this Sugar Nellie with my copics so many colors on this one I can not list them all, but if you have any questions let me know and I will tell you what colors I used. I used my large Ovals and my Small Petite Scalloped Ovals to cut the Nestie layers. While coloring it I accidentally brought a slight amount of red into the Sky so that is the smudges you see. I used Copic B21 to color the sky with.

........

Here is a close up of this little cutie my 1 year old son loved the "Dogie" "Dogie" "Doggies" part of the card!!!

Above you can see the inside of the card and it is all on Heavy Printed Textured Card Stock.

.......

Well I better get going I promised the girls I would play a game with them while Tucker is napping. I tried 4 different times this morning to post this but every time I had my back turned to post Mr. Tucker decided to do things like dump entire containers of SU! metal embellishment on the floor for me to pick up like a container of four different types of metal brads and a container of four different types of metal mini library clips that was lots and lots of fun, so that is the reason for the late post today!!! I tried to get to you sooner but alas no luck!!!

.......

Oh and our Big Blog Hop for Character Cafe will start at 9pm Est on Thursday Night. Be there or be left out!!! LOL I hope you come Hop with us!!!!

.......

See you tomorrow for Flutter By Wednesday and I have some more BIG News to share with you tomorrow and it does not have anything to do with anything else I have already told you!!!!

........

.......

Have a very very Stampendous Day!!!!

.......

Heather

16 comments:

Danni said...

I so don't miss tornado warnings! Glad you guys are okay!!
Beautiful card!! You really did a great job on this!!

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Ack...those pesky tornadoes! Glad you are all ok, and at least you got to spend time with (lots of) family! LOL! Sweet card - love the Summer colors. Those EBell images are sooo sweet. I just got the WoJ Summer kit, and now am anxiously waiting for the SCACD release in July!!

Kim R said...

I'm glad everyone is ok!!! That is so nice of you to open your home to your friends!! Your card is so pretty. I love the bright colors. You did an excellent job coloring the image!!

Debbie Lee said...

Heather, OMG what a scary evening - SOOO happy to hear you are all safe and didn't have to suffer thru a much more serious storm. :)

Your card is too adorable and that little stamp is sooooooo sweet and what great coloring! Love it! :)

Wendy said...

Beautiful card Heather and your coloring is to die for. Hop on over to my blog, I have a special award waiting for you!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Heather, your card is absolutely wonderful! So colorful and so well colored! Great job!

I'm so glad you and yours escaped any harm from the tornado. I can't imagine dealing with those. Of course, here in CA we have earthquakes. So I guess it's something everywhere!

God bless,
Lisa

Cassie said...

oh.my! same thing happened to me not long ago --- the being out when the sirens went off. really a freaking feeling so I TOTALLY know what you were feeling!!

super wonderful card!! i love how she's not sharing her ice cream with the dog -- smart girl --- and that is so D. as well --- he hates when the dogs beg food from him!! LOL!!

I have some guesses ---- call me!!

Jen said...

Love your coloring!! Looking forward in working with you on the Digital Delights team.. woooo hoooooo

I'm a SAHM too, so this might be the only adult conversation I get as well!!! =0)

Hugs,
Jen

Cathy said...

We have had our fair share of tornados here as well. One just a couple of miles from my hubby's work!! I love your card!! That cardstock is way cute!!

Hugs,Cathy

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

Heather, your creation is so gorgeous!! I love the coloring and those papers!! AWESOME!! ;)

Billie said...

Love the Nellie card, Heather! Very pretty!!!

Lyn S said...

Glad you were safe when the storm hit, Heather! We don't get anything worse than a mini tornado Downunder....must be scary!

Love your card, lovely colouring and the new SU cardstock looks great!

Tanya said...

Very cute!!!
I am quite afraid of natural disasters!!! Good to have people like you who happily welcome everyone! :)
I forgot to say earlier- I have an award/tag on my blog for ya! :)

Rebecca Ednie said...

Very cute card. This image is so sweet. Love the DSP.

Lisa said...

What an adorable image! Incredible job colorizing it. Your card is just so lively, colorful and fun! =D

Maria said...

Oh my gosh, what a gorgeous card. . and wow, I love those Sugar Nellie images. I think I may just need to get me some! LOL!

Beautiful job on your coloring . . love the dp tha you used too! Just gorgeous.

Wow. . the tornado sounds rather scary. We have earthquakes here in CA. . .but it doesn't seem as scary as a tornado. Glad to hear that no one was harmed and that you were spared the tornado!!

Maria