Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Good Friend, and Fellow Twinkle Team member Janna Hull - Madelynn's Twinkling Tuesday Sketch Challenge #26

Happy Birthday Janna
......
and a
.......
Big Twinkling Splash Too
Happy Tuesday Morning Everyone!!!
.......
Well I come to you today with a double purpose card!!!! Yesterday was my good friend and fellow Twinkler Janna Hull's Birthday. Janna and I talk almost every day about stamping and it is so nice as Jess put it on the phone yesterday when we 3 way called Janna and sang Happy Birthday to her in our best (or in our cases worst) singing voices!!! Anyway as Jess put it it is so nice to have people who totally "Get" our stamping and where we are trying to go wit it!!!
.......
Happy Birthday Janna!!!! She has now joined the ranks of those of us in the Twenty - Ten Decade of our lives!!!! I know I was Twenty - Ten the whole year I was (30!!!) just a while back. I remember I was having a hard time getting used to the idea and Marvin took me to a Movie and Drew Barrymore was the main actress and Drew and I by the way are very close in real age and Drew said I am about to be Twenty - Ten and I do not even have a serious Boyfriend, and I thought Twenty - Ten!!! Wow I am Twenty Ten not 30 it made the whole year much more bearable!!!!
.......
So onto the task at hand now! I am also the Featured Twinkie this week so I get to post to the MTT Blog as well as my own!!!! Wooooo Hooooo!!!!!
.......
Madelynn gave us a great sketch this week and I really enjoyed doing it!!!! I already had an idea in my head on what I was doing for Janna's Birthday Card, but then I had to just tweak a couple of things to make it work for the Sketch!!!!
.......
So after you check out my take on the sketch do not forget to head on out to check out all the other girls DT cards for the week!!!
.......
Last week when I did not get to post since it was Willow's Birthday and I wanted to spend the whole day with her, and we did have a fun day at that!!!! We welcomed Lisa a new Blogger and SU! Demo to our Twinkling group. We also found out this weekend that we are saying Good Bye to two Tuesday Twinklers Bonnie, and Jen Greco. We will miss them dearly but Bonnie is now one of the Dirty Dozen Royalty on SCS and she is busy doing all her requirements for that, then Jenn is busy with several DT's too so she needed more precious stamping time we all know can come to few and far between!!!! So help me Welcome Lisa and say good bye to Bonnie and Jenn!!!!
.......
The "Twinkle Team"
.......
.......
Here is Madelynn's Great Sketch for this week it looked like so much fun to do!!!!
You can also check out our Madelynn's Twinkling Tuesday Challenge Blog that I am also posting to this AM!!!!
.......
.......
Now for my take on the Sketch. Now Janna and her Hubby Jason have a pool in their back yard that looks to be almost the size of the private pool our family belongs to that 80 different families are members of!!! Janna swears for someone to put a pool that big into a house of their size then they must have been in the pool business!!!
.......
So I knew I wanted to make her Birthday card something to do with pools. Mostly because we have talked about pools a lot lately as they have been having issues getting their pool up and running this season!!!!
.......

So above is my take on the sketch. I had to leave off the two 3 section rectangles on the right hand side of the card because I used that part as my Diving Boards and while many pools have a High Dive and a Low Dive as I made I have never seen a pool with 4 diving boards two on each side!!! LOL!!!

.......

So anyway the waves on the card back of my card are the little round sections that Madelynn added to the left hand side of her sketch, or if you want to be creative they could be the tiles going down the sides of my pool.

.......

So like 5 1/2 to 6 years ago I used to get these Current (Check Company) Scrapbook magazines and I always loved to order embellishments from them. Sad to say many of them have yet to make it onto paper, but I ordered these ceramic tiles for Scrapbooking and I knew some day they would come in handy. Now little did I know it would be like 6 years later for a good friends card that I have never even met but talk to almost every day!!!LOL!!! Nor did I know that the project I picked to use them on would take up almost every one of my tiles!!!! LOL!!!

.......

So Janna I hope you know I love you or I would not have A.) taken this much time adhering on all these tiles to your card, and B.) Let you have all my precious tiles I have been hoarding for 6 years!!!!!! They were so neatly put away on the Custom Shelves Hubby has built in my Scrapbooking room!!! LOL!!!!!

.......

I just got my Sophia from The Paper Pretty's Stamp company in my Sophia of the month kit on Friday. So I had to ink her up and color her with my copics to use on this card. Now Janna she is colored much better than the pictures show and my blending is Janna esque but as I took the picture late at night when I got my card done I had to use my flash which washed some of the coloring out!!!!

Here is a Side View of the Card. The Light blue layer and the card back wave layer are popped up from each other so that is why the diving board stairs I drew look like there is a break in the design but up front and flat you do not see that only in the side view. I thought it turned out pretty much like a real pool what do you think???

.......

The DSP is actually water on Paper so it worked perfectly for the water in the pool!!!!

.......

Well I must be off to type to the Twinkling Blog now but I wanted you to see it first here!!! LOL!!!!

.......

Have a Stampendous Tuesday everyone, and Madelynn who has her last day of school today has another great sketch for us next week too!!! Wooo HOooo!!!! Have fun on your trip to Tenn. Jess and Madelynn, and I am so so so jealous that you are going to get to swim in Janna's pool next week!!!!!!! It seems wierd to me that they are just getting out of school for the summer and we have already been out 2 1/2 weeks here!!! Wow how time fly's!!!!

.......

See you tomorrow for Flutter By Wednesday!!!!

.......

Heather

19 comments:

Kimmie0270 said...

I LOVE the tiles. and the way you did the water is fabulous!

Heather said...

Heather, this is super cute. Love the diving board!

Sandra MacLean said...

Wow!! How do you keep coming up with these cards Heather!?!? I love your creativity and I think Janna will be honored that you used up some of your hoarded stuff to make her a card! :)

Summerthyme Studio said...

She's cute! Looks like she's having a blast!

Maria said...

Hey Heather! How nice that you and Janna talk daily to one another. I can be a talker too but boy, once I'm on the phone my day goes right out the window! LOL!

I like the idea of Twenty - ten. . .but I'm not even that any more. . I'm Twenty - 20 and that don't sound too great! LOL!

Love your card! It has such a fun summer feel to it. Makes me want to jump in a pool! Unfortunately, it's cold outside today!! Awesome job following the sketch! Very creative!

Maria

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love this Heather!!! I love the pool you created with the water background and the tiles!!! The image is colored so nicely and is just too cute!! I like your thinking on the twenty ten. I will always be twenty-something for the rest of my life. LOL! How nice for you and Janna to talk to eachother. You are both some very special blogging friends and I appreciate you both so much! HOpe all is well!
hugs,
Chris

Jodi said...

You did a great job on that pool!! Love the way you used your sketch!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Lisa said...

Wow! Really aweswome how you took the rectangles and ran with them for the theme. The colors are great. So refreshing... I can feel the water and want to jump in! Simply fab! =D

Tanya said...

how fun! Great b-day card too!

Christi said...

This is too stinkin cute!!

Debbie Lee said...

Heather what a fun card...Love the pool concept! The water looks so inviting and the tiles are really neat! :)

Jennifer (SCS: jennifer-g) said...

Thanks for the shout out Heather! Love love your pool, you are so creative! We were at the pool today and you got ALL the details down! Have a great night girlie!

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

those tiles are just perfect!! What a fun card - love all the details on this! I'm sure Janna will adore it!!

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Heather, you are so creative love the cute image and all the wonderful detail. Hugs Nikki x

Regina said...

Oh, what a fun card!
What a fantastic idea with the stone- you are just so clever!!
Hugs Regina

Darla said...

Great job Heather! I'm sure Janna loved the card. Such a fun, personalized type card. The pool is great - I love how you made it look so real. And such a fun image too. Great interpreation of the sketch this week!

Emily said...

What a great idea for the tile around the pool. That little girl reminds me of myself at the age of 10....you colored her great!!

Nicola said...

Wowzers girl that pool is awesome, you have totally rocked this image.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Cassie said...

this is amazing! bet janna loved it!!! you are such a good friend to use your loved and hoarded supplies on a card for her ---- that's love! no doubt about it!!