Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Fluttering By Farm - in Honor of Ethan Weiman - Let's raise Money for Make a Wish Foundation!!!!

Fluttering for Ethan
Happy Wednesday Everyone!!!
.......
If you have been to my blog in the last few days you know that I am giving away a $20 plus prize at the end of the week to one lucky person who participates in the Make a Wish Foundation Fundraiser in Honor of Ethan Weiman.
.......
Ethan was a 4 year old little boy who lost his 2 year battle with cancer on June 12th. Many of you in Stamp land may know of Ethan's Stamping Mommy Alicia Weiman who is also on Lauren Meaders Stamping DT. Alicia and I met several months ago and had several great e-mail chats. I had been following their story for almost a year by then through her blog. I just have a special place in my heart for Alicia and Ethan and their family that when I found out Melissa over at Pink Cat Studio was having a fundraiser to raise money for The Make a Wish Foundation over at Pink Cat Studio I just could not - not join in.
.......
I contacted Melissa and I am going to be putting every ones names in a drawing who go to Pink Cat Studio and purchase the Digi images that all proceeds go to the Make a Wish Foundation, and then post on their blog about the fundraiser to help us raise more money for this great organization, in Ethan's Honor!!! I will also be giving away a Bonus prize to another lucky person who does the above and makes a card using the images and post again about the Fundraiser by Saturday March 28th. Read more about how you can win these prizes and how to help with the fundraiser in my 2 posts about the Fundraiser down below today's posts!!!
.......
This week our Featured Member is Kimmie. The new Featured Member challenge we have is that member will be the one to issue each new weeks challenge. So our challenge this week that Kimmie issued to us and to you to you, if you choose to play along with us was to use a Outdoorsy theme on our cards. Remember if you participate with us go to Danni's Blog and Link up your creation in Mr. Linky and upload with Key words FBW!!!
.......
Now I had a totally different idea on what I wanted to do before this fundraiser came about, but once I saw the images over at Pink Cat studio I knew they would have to be for my Outdoorsy Flutter By Card!!!! These great images are only $6 for Cowboy Ethan, Cowgirl Ava, and 2 great sentiments!!! or for $4 you can pick up either Cowboy Ethan or Cowgirl Ava and the sentiments go with either one too!!!! All proceeds minus only the pay-pal fee and the shopping cart minimal charge go to Make a Wish in Ethan's name!!!!
.......
Please when you are done stop by and visit my TOTALLY Talented Team Mates creations and tell them I sent you cause I would love to let them know how much I love all their work even though I am soooooooooooo behind on letting them know through my comments on their amazing work!!!!
.......
Flutter By Wednesday Featured Stamper Team:
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
........
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
Now for my Outdoorsy Flutter By Card using the new Pink Cat Studio Digi Images for a Cause!!!!
.......
Above we have Cowboy Ethan, and Cow Girl Ava printed off using Micro Soft Word onto Whisper White SU card stock. I colored them with my copics and the Barn is Also a Stamped Pink Cat Studio image as well.
The Card back is on SU Bashful Blue Card Stock and then I made the clouds using SU Whisper White Craft Ink, and a Baby Wipe to swipe the white and make the clouds!!!
.......
I took SU Card Stocks in Chocolate Chip, Close To Co Coa, and Garden Green to make the torn and layer grass and dirt. Each layer is popped up using SU stampin deminsionals. Ava and Ethan are popped up even further using excess foam and rubber from my stamps.
.......
The Flutter By's are SU Flight of the Butterfly Stamp colored up in Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue, Pretty in Pink, and Pixie Pink and stamped and cut out.
.......

Well we are off this morning to head out to the Summer Movie Series with my good friend Emily and her son and niece and Nephew then we are heading off to the Pool we belong to and eating a pick nick lunch there and swimming for a while before it is time to head back home for Nap time.

.......

Aaaa Nap time, which I am going to use today to catch back up on Laundry, and my Commenting on my Flutter By Teams creations both from last week and this week!!!!

.......

If you have not seen my other two sneak peaks today then you need to check them out they are show casing the new "American Collection" Digi Stamps from Digital Delights available today!!!

.......

See you Soon, and Happy Flutter By Day!!!!

.......

Have a Stampendous Wednesday!!!!

.......

Heather

21 comments:

Christine said...

I love that you used the Make a Wish stamps for your FBW card. It is so cute!!!

Blessings,
Christine

Nicola said...

Totally stunning card sweetie, everything is just perfect and beautiful.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

~*Joni said...

Oh Heather this is just adorable! I love the torn paper for all the layers and the barn is just perfect. You picked the perfect colors for the images. Love the little butterflies!

de said...

Love this! Love how you made a "scene" and the way you did the ground and the images and coloring are great! Such a great cause!

Summerthyme Studio said...

Heather, your card is gorgeous! I absolutely love what you did with both of the images.......and so nice to see you contributing to this wonderful cause! Your colouring ROCKS chicka!

Vicki

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Heather, love your colouring and the beautiful little scene you have created. And all for such a worthy cause. Hugs Nikki x

Ann Kranitz said...

Wow what a great outdoorsy scene you created. I love everything about it!!

the whimsical butterfly said...

I love this card...it's adorable and your barn is GENIUS, girl!

Those stamps are too cute and what a wonderful cause. Janna was telling me about it and I hate to hear stories like that but boy, does it make me extra grateful for what I have. Gave my kids a few extra hugs for SURE. How sad. But what youare doing is wonderful...hugs!!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER!! Now this is just as sweet as can be!! I love your beautiful coloring and what a great cause!! ;) TFS!

Kimmie0270 said...

simply precious!

Stefanie said...

Very pretty Heather! They looks so great with the barn and I love the farm dirt mounds you created by tearing the paper.

Michelle said...

Heather - great flutter by card. The colors and scene is beautiful. Thank you for you kind comments. I think those PCS sets are for a wonderful cause and I'm so going to participate. I love that the blogging and rubber stamping community can come together for great causes such as this!

Lelia said...

Heather...wonderful card. I love the tearing for the ground!

Hugs,
Lelia

Harriet Skelly (SCS hskelly) said...

Heather this is so cute! And what a great cause too!

Nancy said...

Beautiful card, Heather! And for such a worthy cause...I hope they continue to sell this image for a long time to come! Thanks for doing this for the family!

Jodi said...

Wow!! I love your card Heather!! This is super cute, I just love the scenes that you come with. Just so adorable!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Danni said...

So cute and love how you did the butterflies!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

You are too creative!! I love how you incorporated those Make a Wish images into your Flutter By Card!!! Awesome scene!!! Thanks for your comment on my blog yesterday!! You are so sweet and you inspire me so!!

Cathy said...

This is so cute, Heather!! I ordered my stamps today. They are so cute!! I love your little farm!

Hugs, Cathy

Kerry said...

This is sooooo cute Heather! I LOVE IT!

Cassie said...

very cool heather! i love how you did the grass and the dirt! you are always soo, soo creative!!