Saturday, June 13, 2009

Etsy Inspired Challenge - DT Sample - Creations this week in Honor of Ashley Newell our Etsy Inspired Challenge Creator

In Honor of Ashley
.......
Some Baby Onsies for You!!!! Happy Saturday Everyone!!!!,
.......
How are you all doing today??? I am wonderful!!! I got the very best news last night and as I can not share it just yet I can not wait to share it with you in just a few days!!!
.......
Tomorrow we are going to do Willow's Birthday party at the Private Pool we belong to. It is a nice pool that is only 1 neighborhood away from ours and there are just 80 families that are members so many times when we go in the evenings as a family, we are the only family there and have the entire Pool/Baby Pool/Covered Patio/Wood Deck/Children's Park all to ourselves it is really nice!!!! Willow invited her Cousins, and 3 little girls and 3 little boys and their families to come and swim then eat Cake and Ice Cream and Pizza with us. She is really looking forward to that!!!
.......
Today is Etsy Inspiration Challenge DT sample day and I think you will like this weeks shop!!!! It is called Naturally Felt - Handmade Slippers and Bags.
I decided to make my creations this week in Honor of our
Etsy Challenge Creator Ashley Newell. Last weekend we had a Virtual Baby Shower for Ashley and it was a lot of fun!!! I am so proud of Ashley she is almost at her Due Date and yet she is hanging in there like a real trouper!!! As a Mother of 3 young kiddo's myself and a Labor and Delivery RN I know how rough that can be so I am just really proud of her!!!!
.......
About 1 year ago I found the original design for these Ultra Cute Baby Onsie Cards on Lauren Meaders Blog. I got in contact with her and asked if I could make my own tutorial on them and change them up a bit and teach them to my Stampers Club?? Lauren said that was great so I did do some tweaking and then made a tutorial for them. If you want to see it let me know and I can e-mail it to you as I have it saved in picture and e-mail form.
.......
So I went to this weeks shop and found some inspiration pieces I liked and made 4 different Baby Onsie cards off those inspiration pieces and they are all in Honor of our Great leader Ashley!!!!
.......
Now when you are done here today be sure to head on over to all my team mates blogs and check out their great creations too!!!! They always have wonderful creations to share on Saturday mornings!!!
.......
.......
Here are a few of the Inspiration pieces I picked out and then below you will see the two inspiration pieces I choose before I made each Baby Onsie.
.......
.......
Below are the 4 Baby Onsies I made side by side. I added a Denim Overall set to make one a boys outfit since Ashley is having a Boy soon to be Baby Parker Newell. I also changed one outfit up to make it a cute little baby girls dress.
.......

.......

There were several Zoo Animal themed lunch bags so I copied the two above and then made this Orange and black and White little girl outfit Onsie. You could easily use the Alligators from this set and make a really great boys outfit as well. The set is SU Wild About You Stamp set which sadly retires in just a couple weeks so if you want it order it soon. (By the way I give a 10% discount on all retiring SU sets in the month of June!!!) :0

........
Next I wanted to make a simple outfit that could be done up in Pink, Blue, Lavender, Yellow or Green so I found these bags with Pink in them for my Inspiration. This stamp set was one of Last years Sale -a- Bration SU! sets you could earn for free the whole set was made to go with the Scallop Circle punch.
.......
Now onto the little Baby Boys outfit just for Parker!!!
I free handed the Denim Overalls and then cut them out and glued them on top of the Onsie.
The Stamp Set is SU Welcome Little One, I love this set too, but it is already retired.

.......

Lastly is my Altered Baby girls Dress. I used my Colluzel with the pretty wavy line to cut out the white rick rack type pattern you see on the Red Dress and the Sleeves of the Orange Black and White Penguin outfit above. I stamped the Red Polka Dots with SU set Seeing Spots (also retiring at the end of June get it while you can!!!!!)

Well I hope you enjoyed the Onsies, and be sure to check out this weeks shop too!!! I think I will be getting me some of those lunch bags for trips and such they look great!!!!

.......

If you want to play along this week just go to the shop and then choose a inspiration piece or two and make a project of any kind off the inspiration. Then link it up to Ashley's Blog who hopefully by next Friday at Noon when the Challenge for this week ends will already be a new Mommy to baby Parker!!!! Kerry and De will take care of choosing the winner, and then sending out your prize from the shop!!!! Good Luck hope to see you play this week!!!

.......

Well off to do Party Stuff!!!! Have a Stampendous Saturday!!!!

.......

Heather

21 comments:

de said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
de said...

Heather, how sweet to dedicate the post to Ashley! Poor thing... I hope baby Parker shows up soon! These are SO stinkin cute! I love them! You went above and beyond this week! Amazing!

Happy Birthday to Willow! Sounds like you all will have lots of fun!

Kerry said...

Adorable onesie cards Heather! I think my favorite is the little red dress one! :) Sounds like your daughter's birthday party will be a lot of fun...Enjoy!

Jackie said...

These came out so cute Heather! I love them all....wonderful work!!!

Summerthyme Studio said...

These are the SWEETEST! I especially LOVE the Polka Dotted one!

Vicki

Paula said...

Hmmm I wonder if the surprise has anything to do with babies...

StampinCathy said...

WoW! WoW! WoW! Now this is some inspiring and stunning cards. I just love all of them. Happy Birthday to Willow too!

Jenn said...

Oh my, how cute are these???!!! Love them!

Sandy said...

These are so cute. Ashley will love it.

Shannon said...

awwww...these are super cute!!!

FibreJunky said...

Those are way too stinkin' cute!! Happy birthday to little Willow. If her birthday is tomorrow and Parker takes much longer, they may be birthday buddies! Parker already missed my son's birthday (I was hoping!)
I made my card this week for Ashley, too. I'd love to see the tutorial for the onsie cards. I'll email you about them. Just darling!

Regina said...

Oh, these are amazing creations! I love each and every one of these cards!!!
I wish Willow a great pool party and much fun! I hope you make many picture!
Hope you are having a terrific party!
Hugs Regina

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous creations Heather, love the design and all those beautiful papers. Hope you have a great Sunday. Hugs Nikki x

Emily said...

Humm...I still haven't ever made one of these...they are soooo darn cute, my fav is the red poka-dots!!!! Maybe if I ever have a baby I can make this for my announcments.....

Maria said...

Hey Heather! Sorry I've been MIA! Ugggh! Life has been so busy with my daughter graduating from high school but now it's summer and I get to play a little bit!!

Your onsie cards are so stinkin' cute! I love all of them! Such frun cards to make and you did a spectacular job!! I especially love the red dress one! It's so adorable!!


Hope you have a wonderful week!

Maria

Margie said...

Awwww, they are all sooo adorable! Too too cute! You did an awesome job with these! My fave is that lil red/white dress-like one! I can definitely see a baby wearing that one! oh, and the penguin onesie too! Adorable!
TFS :*)

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

Wow - these are all adorable!!!! Love them all!

Cassie said...

the red dress is my favorite!!

Tanya said...

Stinkin cute!!!

Tonya said...

These are super cute!

Ashley said...

These are ridiculously cute! I love them!