Saturday, June 6, 2009

Etsy Inspired Challenge #39 DT Sample - SU Workshop Day, and a Wild Sprout to boot!!!!

Bows, and Ribbon, and
......
Flowers Oh My!!!!
Hey There Everyone!!!
.......
Good Morning and Happy Saturday!!!!
.......
Well as you all know by now I am sure - Saturdays here are Etsy Inspired Challenge DT Sample days!!!
.......
This week we had the best shop. If you know me you know I like to have my girls hair looking cute and in bows whenever possible. I have about 20 colors of bows and of course I need 4 of each color because if both Piper and Willow are wearing the same color and both have Piggy Tales in I need 4 bows for that!!!! LOL
.......
Anyway did you get your Hint there??? Our Etsy Shop this week has the cutest Hair Bows and Hair Accessories, Head Bands, and even personalized Tu Tu's so your little cuties can play dress up or do dance!!! This weeks shop is called Chicy Creations, and I will be sending some of my money there way!!!!
.......
So are you as excited to see what all the other Etsy DT came up with for their Inspiration Challenge projects this week??? I know I am their projects last week totally rocked!!!!
.......
We also Welcome two new Guest Designers for June this week so be sure to throw a little love their way on their blogs!!!! Ashley our Creator is now taking Maternity Leave not long now and she will be bringing baby Parker home to start their family of 4!!! I remember when I was pregnant with Willow I kept thinking how in the world can I possibly love another child as much as I love Piper??? Then she was born and it is like your heart doubles in size and then when Tucker was born it doubled in size again!!! Babies and Kids are just so wonderful and amazing I so wish I could keep them small forever!!!
.......
The Etsy Inspired Challenge DT:
.......
.......
So are you ready for the wonderful Inspiration pieces I took away from this store???
.......
.......
And for the specific pieces I choose as my Inspiration here they are. I thought these bows below went perfect with the bow on my Wild Sprout from The Greeting Farm!!!!
...... ....... Now for my Card this week. Below is the card I made using The Greeting Farm Wild Sprout Image, and My Scalloped Heart and Heart Nesties. I also used the MS lace boarder punch, and I distressed the DSP with my Kitchen Knife!!! LOL I used glue dots to make the ribbon do the wavy up and down effect each part that is down is sticking to the DSP with a Glue Dot. The Flowers are Mint and Aqua/Teal colored Prima's and I used an SU Clear Rhinestone brad in the center
Here is my close Up. I was so excited how her hair turned out!!! I colored her up with my Copics. The Papers I used are all from Two Scoops DSP by Basic Gray. The Card Back is on SU retired in color Purely Pomegranate.
.......
So what are you up to today??? My friend/SU Down line/fellow Nurse Emily and I are going to teach a bunch or brand new stampers how to stamp!!!! It should be a ton of fun!!!! I am looking forward to getting to spend time with Emily too!!!!!
.......
So we have the SU! workshop at 2pm but we have to drive a bit so we are leaving at 1pm. Then it is home to go visit my fellow team mates on their blogs and leave comments, and then to put like 800 loads of Laundry away!!! Uuuugggghhh!!! LOL
.......
Have a very Stampendous Saturday!!!
.......
Remember if you want to play along with us for this weeks prize then you can go to the Store for the week pick an inspiration, make a project with it, and then go to Ashley's Blog and link up your project by next Friday at Noon PST. Even though Ashley is away or not around much for a while Kerry is running her blog on all things Etsy!!!!
.......
I hope to see you play along this week!!!!!
.......
Heather

33 comments:

Christine Riley said...

Wow, I LOVE this card! Love how you placed the image in the hearts and I love the ribbon. Very pretty! :)
Hugs, Christine

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

I love bows in little girls' hair! I wish my granddaughter had enough hair to even hold a bow! But she does like hats!

This is stunning and that ribbon is awesome.

Hugs,

Shannon said...

So pretty!!! Your coloring looks fabulous!

StampinCathy said...

This is just fabulous and love all the layers on this card.

StampinCathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jackie said...

I just love your card Heather! the colors, layout...those nesties & that cute image...awesome gf! Your coloring is always so nice...great work & tfs!!!

de said...

So pretty! Before I even read your comment about her hair, I was like "WOW, LOOK AT HER HAIR!". :-) Amazing coloring job! I love the flowers in ribbon you used too! Beautiful!

Kerry said...

Super cute Heather! You always do such a good job of capturing the essence of the shop!

Tiff said...

This is just too pretty! I think it's perfect for a little girls'/tween birthday!

Summerthyme Studio said...

Very Pretty, love the highlights in her hair~

FibreJunky said...

What a beautiful card!! The colours are perfect and I love the wavy ribbon.

Melody said...

What a cute image! Love the colors and the distressed edges.

Regina said...

hello Heather
this card is lovely! I love the layout and I especially like the way you colored the girl.
A wonderful idea with the ribbon!
Hugs Regina

Christine said...

Such a cute card. I love the wavy ribbon. I've seen that before and wondered how it was done.

Blessings,
Christine

Carolyn Bounds said...

Your card is Adorable with a capital "A"!!! I love the bright and cheery colors, and your coloring is spectacular!!! I love to visit your blog:o) I always leave with a huge smile on my face and feeling happier. I suppose you could say, you have a way of making my day better and much brighter:o) Thank you!!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is just adorable, Heather! I love the way you colored her! :)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Absolutely adorable, Heather! I love the way you colored Reeta.

Skraptacular Designs said...

I hope you don't mind me stopping by your blog but I noticed that you singed up to be a member of the next SBS group and that it's been several months since the moderator of that blog has been around to update the group status...SO...I wanted to invite you to become an active member of our SBS#26 group! We'd love to have you and share all our fun with you! If you'd like to jump on board with us, please feel free to e-mail me at misscill@yahoo.com and I'll send you an invitation to our private group site we have created.

Looking forward to becoming "sisters"!

Hugs,
Priscilla

Emily said...

the hair, the colors, the layout, the desgin, and of course the "DISTRESSING" makes this card one of my fav cards!!!!! It reminds me of the little girl under the tree, great take!!!

Ashley said...

Love this card Heather! It's adorable! I really like the ribbon and flowers you used!

Tinker and JingeBear's Mom said...

Wow! I love this card! The juxtaposition of the distressing and elegant lace punched border really gives it interesting detail. Love the colors too! I hope you and Emily "knock 'em dead" today with your class and sales are high! ~ky

Ann Kranitz said...

You did an awesome job on this Inspiration Challenge. I just love the fun colors you used.

Danni said...

What a neat card! Love the pretty colors, the hearts and well all of it! Wonderful job!

Jenn said...

Such a sweet card!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh that's simply precious!!! I love the wavy ribbon treatment!!! I also just loved dressing my DD up all girly with her long hair when she was little!! This was a fun shop!!

Elizabeth *^..^* said...

Love the fun colors on this card. Especially how you tied in the little diamonds on her dress to the polka dot heart shaped paper. Your coloring of her hair is absolutely perfect with those little highlights!

Maria said...

Awwww, your card is adorable Heather. You colored the image so beautifully. You always choose bright happy colors. . .it makes your card so fun to look at!

I felt the same way when my daughter was born. I thought that I couldn't love another child like I do her. I never had another child so I'll never know. LOL!

Have fun stamping and the teaching the newbies!!

Maria

Lyn S said...

This is just beautiful Heather! Your colouring is great and I love the hearts, flower and ribbon detail!

the whimsical butterfly said...

Heather this is SO adorable!! I LOVE that Two scoops paper and that gorgeous flower and the way you colored Reeta! So cute!

It was SOOOOOO awesome to finally get to talk to you today! I'm so glad our friend had a bday today and we finally got the time to chat!

Hope you have an awesome day and LOVE this card!!!

Tonya said...

Very cute card!

Jodi said...

Love your card and the ribbon you added. Love the pretty coloring you did too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Tanya said...

Now that is PRETTY!!! I love your coloring and all the peices you used!

Nicola said...

Wow Anya is so amizinly coloured and your whole card is stunning sweetie.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-