Saturday, June 20, 2009

Etsy Inspired #41 DT Sample

We Love You Daddy!!
Well it is now Saturday Afternoon instead of Saturday morning, but as promised I have my Etsy Inspired Challenge DT post for you.

.......

I am not sure what is wrong today, but I am feeling very shaky and light headed so I am not getting much done very fast today!!!!

.......

Well Hubby has started Harvest the Farmers started cutting Wheat on Tuesday on Wednesday they had about 50 loads of wheat brought in, then on Thursday they got about 300 loads in, and Yesterday it was up to about 1000 loads, but today it rained and rained so that put a stop to Harvest for a day or two. Makes me wonder if he will get to be home for Fathers day. He has never been off on Fathers day the entire 10 years we have been together so that would be nice for the kiddo's!!! Harvest seems to always be different times in June and July, but it is always during Fathers Day!!!!!

.......

So this weeks Etsy Shop was so cool it is called the Potato Patch Shop. The make stamps with carved Potatoes and then stamp on kids shirts and onesies with the Potato's!!! Perfect for our Stamping DT right???

.......

So when you are done here if you have not already please go visit my team mates and see all their great creations this week too!!!

.......

The Etsy Inspired Design Team:
.......
.......
This shop had some really cute pieces to gain inspiration from and here are a few of them.

The particular piece I decided to use is this cute potato stamped Owl below. I knew he would be perfect for some of my images I just received from Louby Lou over at Digital Delights. I was asked this week to be on their new Design Team and these images are so so so super cute!!!

So this is the card my girls are going to give Daddy for Fathers Day tomorrow and they actually helped me make it!!!

I printed Hooty the owl in his great race car off and colored him with my copic. The car is R20, R29, and R35, the Wheels are c1, c2, c3, c5, c7, and B100, The Scarf is G20, G24, and G28, Hooty is also using all the Cool Grays and has B21 for his eyes. The headlights are Y02, and I used a Silver Metallic Shaker pen for the Metal parts of the car.

........

I used SU Card Stocks in Real Red, Garden Green, and KiWi Kiss DSP. I used my Mega Nesties, and my Ribbon Holder Nesties and cut out the shapes and the Ribbon Slider.

I had wrote the Sentiment on Real Red Card stock and then cut it out jagged like and used glue dots to adhere it to the Silver Shimmery Metallic Ribbon.

Above is a close up of Hootie. He was so much fun to color up and my girls loved him!!!! Yes Accckkkkk (I am crazy but I did let my 7 year old experiment just a tiny bit with me holding her hand and controlling the pressure she was using with my Copics) Yep I need to be committed!!!!

........

I gotta go lay down now as I am just not feeling very well, but I hope you are having a wonderful Saturday and I really hope you play in our Challenge this week. We are enjoying seeing more and more people playing every week, and all you have to do is go to the shop, and then Head on over to Ashley's Blog (Click on my Etsy Button Link in my Side bar to get there) and leave a link in her Etsy post to your project. If you do this by next Friday at noon PST you will be entered into the drawing for this weeks prize from the Etsy Shop which is your choice of one of the potato stamped T-Shirts or Onesies in the store!!!!!

.......

Have a Stampendous Fathers Day Everyone!!!!

........

Heather

10 comments:

de said...

Heather! Well worth the wait! SOOO cute!

Tiff said...

Great job with the challenge! I just love your coloring job!

FibreJunky said...

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. You still made a really cute card! I love the little owl stamp! Hootie is adorable!

Kerry said...

Great card and image Heather! Such great coloring too! Hope you are already feeling a little better!

Ashley said...

Super cute Heather! The coloring looks awesome!

Stephanie said...

Absolutely love this!

StampinCathy said...

I just love this bright and cheery card.

Jenn said...

Thank you for all sweet comments on my blog, I hope you are feeling better.

You little car card is so cute!

Emily said...

I love your colorin...and the image...Wonderful creations on all that I have missed so far, they look great, man I need to get to posting, cleaning, exercsing......talk to you later!!! F.Y.I. MOVIE -Inkheart @ 10 am

the whimsical butterfly said...

Hope you are feeling better by the time I read this! Wow this is super cute, too! Love what you did w/ the nesties background and that little owl is adorable! Your cards just keep getting better and better...I am SOOOO excited for you!!!