Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Character Cafe Grand Opening 1st Ever Blog Hop!!!! Waaaa Hooooo!!!!!

Character Cafe Grand Opening

.......

Blog Hop!!!

Hello Friends, Readers, and Fans of The Character Cafe Digital Stamps!!!
.....
.......
If you are new to my Blog My Name is Heather Schlatter and I am so super excited to be sharing this new Company and their WONDERFUL images with you today!!!
.......
(if you are not viewing the Blog hop on day one Thursday the 18th do not worry all the freebee's discounts, and prizes are still good until Tuesday the 23rd as long as you follow the blog hop rules!!!) Have Fun!!!!!
.......
Now for a few little rules for our Super Fun Blog Hop.
....
1. If you came to my blog 1st then you should start here at The Character Cafe DT Page.
....
2. There will be Prizes and Giveaways along the Blog Hop, Plus each of us will be giving you a code that in the end will give you a discount on your very first Character Cafe Digi Stamp order. The Code must be entered in the correct order to get your HUGE discount, so you do not want to miss or skip one of your stops along the way!!!
....
3. How do you win the Prizes???As you Hop along with us write down on each stop the Code we give you, Leave a comment on each of our Blogs including the first and last stop, and finally become a follower of the Character Cafe Store at the end of the Hop. When all is said and done there will be 1 Grand Prize Winner, 1 Runner up Winner, and 1 winner of the Give Away hidden somewhere in the Blog Hop!!!! There will be Random Drawings and if you have met all the above criteria to win you will be notified and given your Super Cool Prize!!!!
.......
So Start your Blog Hop Here on our Character Cafe DT Page. There will be a full list of the entire Blog Hop and addresses there if you happen to get lost along the way and need to get back on track.
.......
O.K. Are you ready now??? So if you are back here now you should have already been to the DT Page, Tessa, Billie, Shelley, Elaine, and Mary's Blogs, Now you are at Heathers Blog and my Piece of the Code for you is the number 9.
.......
Now onto my very First Character Cafe Project.
........
Here is my card. I had so much fun playing around with my new favorite image Fairy Belle from The Character Cafe!!!!
.......

My First idea was to print off these Mini Fairy Belles above and create a Home Made Designer Patterned Paper with them in the background, but as I was coloring them up I ended up morphing my idea into this Fairy Land Scene.

.......

I created the Background by starting off with a solid White piece of Card stock. I sponged on the Sky by using sponges and 4 Ink colors SU! Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue, Brocade Blue, and Whisper White Craft Ink to make the clouds. I added the Whisper White Clouds with a Baby wipe swiped across the blue sky.

.......

I created the Grass using my Copic in G03, G04, and G06 greens by shading and blending.

.......

First of all I used her Head 2 times one on the main image is colored and then again I colored her head up then cut it out, and popped her head up above the other head to give her more dimension too.

.......

Next to color up Sweet Fairy Belle, I used my Copics for coloring, shading, and blending. For some reason all my shading and blending are not showing up as good as they look on the card.
.......
Her Wings are colored up in RV00, RV02, RV04, and RV09, each section of the wing is then shaded and blended with the next color up on the list to give it dimension. I lastly painted on some Angel Wings Shimmerz and Some Bubble Gum Shimmerz to add some real Sparkle and Bling.
.......
Her Hair is colored in Y11, Yo8, and Y38 Copics. Her skin is colored with R00, E00. E95, and RV21 for the cheeks. Her Dress is colored up in G06, and G04, and her tights are colored in G00, and G02.
.......

So what I did to get the Popped up Framed Nestie shape was I adhered all my elements of the card popped up or not and then I put my Nestie (Labels 4) over the part of the Card with big Fairy Belle then I cut out my Nestie shape which cut out the background, Belle, and parts of the flowers. I then took excess rubber and foam from my stamps and popped that up from the rest of the card to Frame it out. I also sponged a new piece of background under the nestie so you still could see the sky behind the popped out Frame.

.......

The little Fairy's and the Flower heads are popped up using Stampin Dimensionals and the popped up nestie frame is using excess foam and rubber so it is popped out even higher than the rest of the card.

.......

To get the stems and leaves of the flowers popped up I took 1 glue dot and put it at the bottom of the stem up a tiny bit from where it would normally go and that popped out the rounded stem too.

.......

Well I hope you enjoyed my part of The Character Cafe Blog Hop and now you want to Hop on over to my lovely team mate Colleen's Blog. Don't forget once you have made it through the whole hop you will have all the code pieces we have given you in order so you can head on over to The Character Cafe Store and order those stamps at 50% off!!!!

.......

.......

Have a wonderful evening and I hope your Thursday was very Stampendous!!!!

.......

Heather

49 comments:

Barbara said...

precious,,,thanks for sharing

lorene said...

oh I think this one is my fav so far!!! thanks for sharing!

Lorene H

Chris said...

I know what you mean about adult conversations. I am a SAHM of twin 6 year olds. Great job on the card by the way. I just am trying to learn how to color with markers and such.

Justliketink said...

Ok this is my favorite one so far!!! I love fairies....you colored her in beautifully!!

Sara said...

Well my goodness Heather, this is too cute!! And the funny thing is--I was gonna do the same thing with the little fairies for mine!! lol

Scrapin' Knitster said...

Heather, I am going to HAVE to get Belle. She is so pretty and I love what you did with the Copics...Wondeful.

Janna said...

Heather!!!

This is incredible!!! I love the way you colored in the background and grass and have the tulips popped off! Such a great idea! The fairies are just stunning and I really like how you carried the background onto you shape! Too cute! This is fantastic! Congratulations on your DT position! You so deserve it!

Hugs!
janna

Steph said...

*GASP*
Heather! this is out of this world awesome!!

*bowing*

Kendra said...

Heather!!!!! You did a wonderful job on your fairy land :) All those details make it. We're so glad you came on board with us as a DT Member, we look forward seeing all your future designs!

Jodi said...

Heather I love this card ~ and how you popped her up in the middle. Up to this point on the hop, I think Sweet Fairy Belle is my favorite image.

Cr8ive ME said...

love your card. And how you popped up Sweet Fairy Belle and also showed the variation in sizes for her.

{hugs}
Mary

my5bratz said...

simply STUNNING!!!

Rabecca said...

Very nice!

Becky

Danielle said...

Thanks for sharing... Love how the fairy pops out from the card... and the nice, bright colors!

CraftinGranny said...

I love the fairies and the instructions for completing the card. Thanks so much for sharing.Great job!

Carol's Crafts said...

Heather, I love, love your card. I love the digi stamp too. I bet that was so much fun to color. By the way, your kids are beautiful. I love all that blond hair. Do you think they will grow out of it?

Carol

mathlady51 said...

Adorable card and adorable family. Thanks for being part of the blog. Jackie

Colleen Wold said...

OMG! Your card is just fabulous! I love the coloring and this awesome scene you created! so pretty!

Amanda K said...

Love the card!! You did a wonderful job and this fairy is too cute!

TesaB said...

Holy Cow! This is one stunning card! LOVE what you did with Belle! She is so cute, and the card totally ROCKS!

Paula said...

this is a precious card, great job

Paula said...

this is a precious card, great job

Christine said...

Your card is so cute and creative! I love it!

Blessings,
Christine

Shelley said...

This card is adorable. Love all the vibrant colours you have used. It makes you just want to smile. hugs Shelley

Emily said...

very cute....love the coloring

Elaine said...

Fabby card Heather, so vibrant :) Great to be working with you on TCC :)

Elaine x

Kelly said...

Hi Heather,
You did an amazing job on your card!! I love how fairy Belle pops
off the card. Very creative!!
So glad you are part of our design team!!
Kelly

scrapBugz said...

Love the card and that adorable fairy.

Mandy

scrapBugz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jillian said...

Awesome!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER!! What a really gorgeous card Heather!! What fun and congrats on your DT spot hun!! :)

Lois said...

This is so much fun looking at all the cool ways to use these stamps. I always appreciate it when you give the directions for your cards. Great job.

Lois T.

SueB said...

Oh my goodness!! I can't imagine how long this took you to make!! Just remarkable. And your description of how you did everything was terrific! Thank you so much for sharing. And your blog is wonderful too!
Sue B

Jeanne said...

Your card is so colorful...love it!

Sheila said...

Wow!! This is so much fun. And you have such a great DT team.

TFS
Sheila

Tam said...

Love the fairy!! I have boys, so I don't get to do cute "girly" stuff very often.

freetimegone said...

I love your blog and I really like your image and the way you made it 3D. Great job on the coloring. I am happy I made my way along this blog!

cal8007 said...

You did such a great job on this card! I love fairies too!

Carmen

Maria said...

Hey. . I've caught up with my commenting on your blog. Gosh, life have been so stinkin' busy. . .I haven't been able to visit like I normally do. I'm exhausted!

Your card is so dang cute, Heather. Gosh, that image is adorable and you colored her so beautifully! I love the pretty scenic design you created. you did an awesome job with your blog hop card!! Keep up the great work!

Maria

Craftylass said...

gorgeous fairy image, I'd love this fairy for my daughters 4th birthday card.

Christine x

Mary HK said...

wow! I think this has to be my all time favorite. Your colors and composition are amazing...thanks for sharing. Mary in Hong Kong

Jeanette said...

What a cute card. I love all the detail you put into it.

Toni said...

Little girls will love this fairy as well as us big girls.

Tanya said...

So pretty and bright and fun! :) The fairies are cute!

Jacquie said...

Hey there HEather!! GREAT job!! I LOVE your creation, as always!! CONGRATS on the DT!! You SO deserve it!! Hope you are well!!


Take care!
Jacquie/Javablustamper!

Cherie said...

Oh Heather, Your card is just great! The little fairy reminds me of my granddaughter when she is pouting! Thanks so much for sharing her!

LadyTrucker said...

OMG! There is so much wonderful work in this card!! I would not have ever come up with this great idea! Awesome job!

lvixen said...

Adorable! Great work.

Jan said...

Love the Fairy, whether you are a litle girl or a grown woman, it still applies. Beautiful card....