Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Twinkling Tuesday - meets Circus Colors

Orange, Blue, and Purple
.......
Circus Fun
Happy Twinkling Tuesday!!!!!
.......
Sorry this post is so late, but Hubby has been gone 3 of the last 4 days and I am behind on everything.
.......
Today's Twinkling Tuesday Challenge came from Temporary Twinkie Kimmie's son Nicky. Nicky choose to challenge us with Colors instead of a Sketch challenge. Nicky's colors for us were Orange, and Blue, and Purple.
.......
I thought of my The Greeting Farm Circus Set for those colors. I colored up the Adorable Ring Leader Anya and her Elephant in training.
.......
I colored up Anya and the Elephant with my Copics.
Oranges YR65, YR68
.......
Blues B24, B29.
.......
Purples V04, V08
.......
Skin: ROO, E00, E95, R21
.......
Hair: Y11, Y06, Y38
.......
I used my SU punch Round Tab and the SU shimmery metallic card stock, with some thin shimmery orange organza ribbon as the embellishment.
.......
I took wide Blue, Orange, and Purple shimmery sheer organza ribbon and made the curtains and pulled them aside and tied them with the same ribbon. They are all attached with glue dots.
.......
Dont forget to stop by and see all the other girls great creations too!!! I will be doing that tonight myself!!!
.......
The "Twinkle Team"
.......
.......
Well I guess I better wrangle up the kids and get some supper started. Marvin will not be home until about 11pm, his parents are on a vacation in Holland (The Netherlands) as his mom is full blooded Dutch and has always wanted to go to the Netherlands, and his Dad wanted Marvin to come up and bid on some really good land that is for sale that is adjoining to land he already owns so he had to go up there which is about a 3 hour drive from here.
.......
Tomorrow I have to start working on Teacher appreciation gifts Willow only has 2 more days of Pre-School Wednesday and Friday and Piper gets out of 1st grade next Friday so 8 more days of school for her!!! Wow this year has flown by!!!!
.......
See you tomorrow for Flutter By Wednesday!!!
.......
Have a Stampendous Tuesday night!!!!
.......
Heather

18 comments:

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOWZER Heather!! Now that's very creative!! I just love the ribbons for the curtain and that punch for the pedestal!! Such sweet images beautifully colored! So cute cute cute!!! :) TFS!

eggette said...

Look at this beautiful circus! I love all these colours and they are so bright and pretty for what you created!! Fabulous Heather!

Margie said...

OhMyWoW!!!
I LOVE the way you used the ribbon! What a brilliant/creative idea!!! Great coloring job too :)
TFS!!!

Christine Riley said...

Very cute, I love the curtain you created.
Hugs, Christine :)

Lisa Foster said...

What a super fun card! LOVE all of the fantastic COLOR!!! Your ribbon curtain ROCKS, Lady! So creative! Whoohoo!

de said...

SOOO Cute! I love the ribbon curtain!

Regina said...

What an amazing scene!!! How clever to use that ribbon curtain!
You really have outdone yourself with this card!
Hugs
Regina

Darla said...

Hey Heather - the curtains are so cute - made of ribbon - how creative! You did an awesome job coloring your little gal. Great job on incorporating those colors into the sketch challenge! You rock girl!

Rebecca Ednie said...

great way to use hte colours as the curtains for your big top. fun card

Chrissy's Creations said...

Ooh very clever with the ribbon, I love it.

SemSee said...

My goodness, Heather! All I can say is ....... STUNNING! Hugs, Sem x

Kimmie0270 said...

This is so cute. I adore the purple elephant. I've missed hitting the blogs too. I went back to the doctor again yesterday. They said hopefully in 2 more weeks I'll be better otherwise they're thinking injections into the area. I'm on steroids which aren't doing anything for my weight so my diet is on hold I guess. It's so stressful!

Emily said...

I love your coloring, her hair is the best thing on the card!!!!!

the whimsical butterfly said...

So, so super cute and there is a joke about purple elephants that I will one day HAVE to share with you that my cousin and I laugh about still to this day bceause well, we're mean. LOL!!!!! JK, but remind me ;)

This is so sweet! love your take on the curtains, chicky :) Missed ya too! Glad you're feeling better! how's the tooth anyway?

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I just got back from vacation and am so glad to see you have some posts up again. I hope that means you are feeling much better!

This card is adorable and sooooo creative. Love your colors and how you created the curtain with ribbon!! Gorgeous job girl!!

Christi said...

Girl, you are SO creative! What a fantastic idea!!!

Shelly said...

The creativity in this card is awesome, Heather. You come up with the best ideas.

Do we get to see the taecher gifts? I love to see things like that.

Maria said...

Hey Heather! I'm sorry that your hubby had to be away. I guess he's back now! LOL! I'm sorta behind on my blog commenting! so much to do so little time. YOu know how that goes. I have a bit of catching up to do. Awesome card! I love all the pretty happy colors that you use don your card. Your really brought Anya to life with such a fun design!!

Maria