Friday, May 1, 2009

Some Good News - and some Baaaaaaad News - In need of Prayer!!!

Hi All,
.......
I have two things to share with you, and after reading the 2nd one you will know why I have no card or project to share with you today.
.......
First the Good News. If you have been reading my blog long you know that back in March I applied for the Inky Impressions Design Team, well I made it to the 2nd round and then today she announced on her blog the Final list of girls who had made the final DT.
.......
Guess what I MADE it!!!! One of my good blogging buddies Cassie Larson (her link is in both the Flutter By Team, and the Twinkling Team on my right side bar) and I both made the final DT. Maria Bell another blog buddy and Pink Cat Studio DT girl who I get to guest with later this year also made the final team so Woooooo Hooooo!!! So So Excited!!! We have not received any info yet on what is expected of us or when we will start Sneak Peeking these incredible new stamps, but look forward to some awesome new projects with these great new stamps!!!!
.......
Now for the Bad News!!! Here is a note I sent out to fellow friends and stampers earlier tonight with the info that is going on right now!!! Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers I really need them right now!!!
.......
Hey Ladies,
.......
Girls I am in need of thoughts and prayer today. I have been in the worst pain of my life it seems a tooth I have that has been crowned and then last year re-drilled into and root canalled is majorly infected and needs root canalled again!!!
.......
I have had 3 C-Sections, My tonsils out as an adult, my gall bladder out 3 months after my first C-Section and several Kidney stones and I have never ever been in pain like this!!!!
.......
It has been a horribly rough day and I still have 3 little ones to take care of. I finally called Hubby at 4:30 today and said he had to come home I just could not do it anymore!!! I seriously thought I was going to have to go to the ER!!!! It is really hard with no family in town and really no one to watch the kids ever!!! It was horrible trying to deal with that pain and try to keep up with a very active 1 year old and 4 year old!!!!
.......
My Dentist is out of state so they sent me to a new Dentist on Call and he prescribed me the big dog in pain medicine (I am an RN and know that other than IV pain meds this is the highest prescription they could give me!!) It is so strong that the Pharmacy would not do the refill he ordered without another written RX so I went back and explained I was scared I would run out over the weekend and I can not handle this pain. His receptionist was a real witchy lady and told me they would not and could not do that!!!!)))
.......
Uuuggghhh I was in a new Dr.'s office with tears pouring out of my eyes (literally!!!!) because the pain was so bad and she was being rude to me. I don't get it he wrote for a re-fill then why could they not write a 2nd RX in case I needed it he obviously thought I would need it or he would not have written a refill on the Script!!!!!
.......
Any way this is the Big Dog of Pain Medicine, and it only worked for about 2 hours and then was back with a vengeance which had me almost feeling insane with the pain.
.......
I will be switching Dentists as soon as this is all over with because this is now the 3rd procedure he has done major procedures and this is the 3rd one that has needed re-done several months down the road!!! I can not take this kind of pain one more time!!!
.......
He is supposed to be a very good dentist but he just has not been one for me!!!!
.......
Finally this evening I am feeling a some slight relief, but just keep me in your thoughts and prayers because my Dentist is not back until Tuesday afternoon to do the work I need done!!! Hopefully the longer the Antibiotic is in me the pain will decrease!!!!
.......
Well off to try to sleep I have not eaten in 2 days now and can not sleep because the pain was so bad I am hoping tonight is better!!!
.......
Thank God for Ensure drinks or I would be in really bad shape!!!!
.......
Heather Schlatter

20 comments:

Kerry said...

Oh my goodness Heather...I am so sorry to hear you are in such pain. I will definitely keep you in my prayers this weekend and hope that your dentist is able to take care of this issue properly for you as soon as possible.

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Hi Heather, so sorry you are in so much pain, hope the pain subsides soon. Congrats on your DT post so well deserved. Hugs Nikki x

Regina said...

Oh, Heather!!! I'm so sorry that you're not feeling well and you have so big pains.
The dentist had to open the tooth, you have a infection on the tooth ground! Sorry, I have not my translator! It's pity, that I can't better English!
I would to be help. But I'm living here in Germany
Much many hugs Regina

Nicola said...

So sorry to hear of all your pain Heather - there is nothing worse than tooth ache.
Huge Congratulations on making the DT, WTG yoohoo !
Nicola -x-

~*Joni said...

Oh Heather, I am sooo sorry! Huge hugs to you! I hate dental problems, they just have to be the worse when it comes to being uncomfortable. Why can't teeth be easy to care for if they're that important? UGH! But on a lighter note, CONGRATS to the new DT!! You totally deserve it, your work is incredible and such eye candy! I am sorry about the pain killers but you know a good alcoholic drink will probably help ease the pain (wink wink). Take care!!!

de said...

So sorry to hear Heather! I can only imagine how you feel. Try your best to rest up and take care. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

And congrats on the good news part!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Big Congrats on the DT. They know they've got a winner with you. You are in my prayers.

In case I didn't say this earlier, thank you for your help on my camera. I will be getting a new one.

Hugs,

Chris (catt871) said...

Congratulations!! I look forward to working with you on the Inky DT!!!!!! (sorry about your tooth, hope you feel better soon!!!!)

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

OMG!! I'm so sorry to hear about your pain you're having!! I hope everthing gets better very soon for you!! I do want to wish you congrats on your DT news though!! BIG HUGS!!!

the whimsical butterfly said...

First thing's first, I'm going to have to ask you to make it stop snowing on your blog. LOL!!!! It's SPRING, dontcha know?? LOL you know I {{{HEART}}} you!

No, the REAL first thing is that you know I've been rooting for you and I am so, SO thrilled for you about this DT! Congratulations! You are such a hard worker and your coloring on those submissions was amazing...I'm SO excited for you!

Last but not least, I really hope you feel better soon. There is NOTHING like mouth pain and I can only guess how miserable you are, esp trying to "do it all" like us Moms always have to. No rest for the weary, right? PLEASE take care of yourself and I'll be thinking about you, hon! You still owe me a THREE WAY LOL!!!!!

Michelle ~ daydreams505 said...

Contratualtions on your DT news, I'm so happy for you! I sure hope Tuesday comes fast for you. It's no fun being in that much pain and not being able to get the help and relief you need. Take it easy this weekend. :)

Chrissy's Creations said...

You poor darling. Dental pain is the worst. I sent up a prayer for you and will keep your need in my prayers this weekend. On a happy note ... wow! Congratulations!

Christine Riley said...

Big congrats on the DT news. I'm SO sorry about your tooth and the pain you are in. I'll defintiely keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Hugs, Christine :)

AK Stamper said...

What a great thrill for you Heather, Congrats!!!!

Oh man so sorry you are having to go thru another root canal, I too would be finding another Dentist at this point.
Sending lots of prayers & good thoughts your way.

Shell in Alaska
SBS28

Danni said...

Congrats!! That is wonderful!!
I sure hope you feel better soon!! Hugs!

Jackie said...

Oh Heather!
I feel for you Sweetie and hope you find some relief soon!!!

I wanted to let you know that my blogfeed was all messed up! You'll have to re-follow me to get my updated posts. I know this is a hassle and I do apologize!!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Poor Heather! I will definitely keep you in prayer. Hang in there! It's unthinkable that you have to wait that long for help. Go to the ER this weekend if you have to!

I'm very happy to hear you got picked for the Inky Impressions DT... way to go! My friend Kristine Breach also made, so a double celebration for me.

Hugs and prayers,
Lisa

Mariska said...

Hi sweetie, so sorry to hear about your tooth problems!! Sounds like you have had a real bad time, I just pray you are feeling better at the moment. I do want to congratulate you on making the Inky Impressions Design Team!!! Good for you and good for them too, I'm sure you'll do an amazing job for them. Hope you are feeling better when you read this!! Take care sweetie!!

xxx
Mariska

Emily said...

dang girl....it's 8am and I am just now reading this.....I have gotten use to not carrying my purse everywhere in Az, I keep forgetting my phone is in it...I didn't get home till 1 am SAt and I saw that you called, I will call you around 11am in case you are sleeping....I hope things are better!! side note congrads on the team!!!!

Tanya said...

Yikes!!! that really sounds miserable! I hope you're diong even better tomorrow (since I'm a bit late to see this post)
BIG CONGRATS on the design team spot!!!