Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Flutter By Wednesday - Fluttering Eyelets!

Here a Flutter, There a Flutter
.......
Even Eyelets Flutter By!!!
Good Morning All,
.......
Well it is Flutter By Wednesday!!! What is Flutter By Wednesday you might ask??? Well over a year ago Danni created the Flutter By Wednesday challenge. To play along all you have to do is make a card using a Flutter By (or better known as a Butterfly) or a Fairy on your card. When you are done with your card or project just go to Danni's blog and link it up in Mr. Linky so we can check out your creations!!!! Some weeks we have free reign to create any Flutter By card and some weeks there is an additional challenge to complete with the Flutter By card.
.......
This weeks challenge was to use a Flutter By and Eyelets or Brads on our card or project as well!!!
.......
Now when you are done here do not forget to hop on by to my team mates blogs and see what Fluttering Masterpieces they have created as well!!!!
.......
The Flutter By Team:
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
So here is my card for the week!!! When I first started Stamping/Scrap booking almost 10 years ago now. I fell in love with Eyelets I found this great web site that had hundreds and hundreds of decorative eyelets. I do not even remember the name of it I wish I did so I could see if they are still in business or not. So anyway I bought all of these decorative eyelets and I bought these adorable Butterfly eyelets in 5 different shades.
.......
So I had to incorporate these eyelets into our Flutter By challenge of course!!!! Look below are these eyelets not the cutest most perfect thing for Flutter By Wednesday????
.......
I used 2 of the shades I own my Metallic Purple Flutter By eyelets and my Flat Purple Flutter By eyelets. The great thing about eyelets now is I have my wonderful Crop-a-Dile to use to set them instead of the Hammer, Eyelet setter tool, and Acetate block I used to have to use!!! If you do not have a Crop-a-Dile as of yet then I really encourage you to get one I use mine on almost every project I ever make it is so so so versatile and you can use it for so many things!!!
I took the picture above and below to try to show you all the embedded glitter that is in the pretty patterned card stock I used for this card. This paper really sparkles!!!
.......
I got out my Mega Nestibilities Die set to make the Die cuts and as this set does not have all the in between sizes I wanted I made the first layer then traced around the outside of that nestie size and cut the next layer out with my scissors, then I cut the next layer out with the next size of Nestie and then created the last die cut layer out by once again tracing that nestie size and cutting it out as well. This technique works great for getting a size of nestie that you do not have!!!!
.......
.......
The Orange Layer is popped up from the purple card back with SU! Stampin dimensionals and the green layer is popped up the same way as well. The Flutter By Anya is popped up higher using excess foam and rubber from my stamps!!!
.......
Well this week is some what bitter sweet for me. I am trying to simplify my life for about 6 weeks or so due to the fact that Marvin will be basically gone for a month or more with Harvest so I asked Danni if I could take a 5 to 6 week break from the Flutter By team while he is in harvest. I still plan to try to get the card done each week, but I am not sure if I will have time so if I take an official break for a few weeks then I do not have to worry if I can not get the card completed on time!!!
.......
However Marvin told me tonight that the Wheat is still 3 to 4 weeks out from being ready so I think I am going to ask Danni if I can start my break a little later since Harvest is going to be later this year it looks like!!!!
.......
I hope you have a great Day!!! This afternoon and evening Tasha , (My next door neighbor/SU down line/Good Friend, and Emily (Fellow Nurse,/SU down line, / Good Friend), and I are going to have a Make-Up night for the big SU! workshops we had back in March. This is a time for all of those that came to the 50 cards in one Evening and Complete an entire scrapbook in one night workshops, and did not quite finish to come and finish off their workshop cards and Scrap pages!!!
.......

.......

Well have a Stampendous Wednesday and I hope you play along with us!!!

.......

Heather

21 comments:

Nicola said...

Wowzers Heather this is absolutely gorgeous girl. I so love your glittery cardstock and Anya is so beautifully coloured. Great thinking with those nesties, you won´t be beaten! Love those eyelets and your whole fantastic creation.
Have fun with Tasha and Emily.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Carolyn Bounds said...

This card is ADORABLE!!! I love the vibrant colors, the fabulous layout, and your sweet coloring:o) This beauty is sure to bring create loads of smiles!!! I love, love, love it!!!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

What a fun card! The colors are so vivid and delightful!

Hugs,

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

What a very lovely design Heather!! The colors are so bright and cheerful!! ;)

Lelia said...

How fun! Love the bright colors and that glitter cs is delish!

Hugs,
Lelia

Cathy said...

So cute Heather!! I love the eyelets and those mega dies!! That paper is cute as well!!

Hugs, Cathy

Harriet Skelly (SCS hskelly) said...

Heather these colors are so vibrant and pretty! I love those butterfly eyelets - I haven't seen those before! Just a great FB card!

Ann Kranitz said...

This is as cute as can be!! I love the wonderful colors.

Nancy said...

Heather, I always look forward to your creations because they put a smile on my face...they are always bright, cheerful and whimsical!! I love how you colored Anya, especially her hair!! Fabulous! Best wishes with the harvest!!

Regina said...

hi, Heather,
very cute. These vibrant colours and the design I love everything!
Hugs Regina

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a bright fun card Heather!! So cheery! Great coloring!! You can't help but smile when you see it! Hope all goes well with your Harvest time girl!!

Kim said...

Wow that is really pretty. I LOVE your family photos too.

Christine said...

Such a cute card. I love the way you layered the nestabilities and those butterfly eyelets are adorable. Oriental Trading Company has a lot of different brads and eyelets. You might give them a try when you need some more.

I'm glad your staying on for a couple more weeks. Gives me a little more time to see your lovely flutterby creations!

Blessings,
Christine

Michelle said...

Heather - your card is so bright and cheery!! LOVE all the colors and the butterfly eyelets are PERFECT!!!

Danni said...

Look at those teeny butterfly eyelets!! Soooo cute!! What a bright, happy card! Great job!

Cathleen said...

Oh how cute and fun, love the fabulous colors!

Heather "Hev" said...

Such a pretty card Heather :)

I can understand being so busy and not being able to do what you want (and I dont have 3 kids!)

Take care of yourself and dont burn yourself out because your body will make you stop if you dont!!

Have a lovely weekend :)

Rebecca Ednie said...

I didn't know they made such tiny butterfly eyelets! if you ever remember the name of the place, let us know!! Great tip on the nesties!

Summerthyme Studio said...

Way cute and cheery!

Shelly said...

Very pretty card, Heather. I'll miss you when you take your break from the Flutterby design Team, but I understand why you need to.

Maria said...

What a beautiful card, Heather!! I just love all the pretty colors of your card and how you made Anya so colorful too! I love eyelets but I don't use them often because it seems I can't set them on my card straight! LOL!!

Maria