Saturday, May 30, 2009

Etsy Inspired Challenge #38 - DT Sample - Off to the Farm today!!! - Stampers Club Tomorrow!

Riding By with an Etsy Challenge
Happy Saturday Everyone!!!!,
.......
I hope today finds you very relaxed and ready to check out all of our Etsy Inspired Challenge #38 DT samples!!!!
.......
It has been a pretty good week here. I have had Zero blogging and commenting time, but I have had a lot of fun with my 1 year old!!!!
.......
My Mother In Law wanted the girls (Piper 7, and Willow4) to come up and stay for the week and go to Vacation Bible School at their church. So they have been there all week and are having a ton of fun!!!! Today we are driving the 3 hours up to the farm to see the girls program and then coming back because I have my monthly Stampers Club on Sunday Afternoon. We have to drop my Nephew (Ben 4), who also stayed for Vacation Bible School, off at his house on our way home as he lives about half way in between our house and Grandma's house.
.......
I am looking forward to sharing the projects with you on Monday that I designed for the club girls to do on Sunday Afternoon!!!! There is a Father's Day card, a Wedding card, and a 3-D item this time around.
.......
This weeks Etsy shop Artisan made Cottage Home Decor Birdhouses Metal Art had a very wide range of products for you to choose from. The main item you see a lot of are really cool Bird Houses all kinds 1 story 2 story's simple and very elaborate!!!
They also have all kinds of decorative items for the house, and even furniture!!!!
.......
To play along with us in the weekly Etsy Challenge you need to go to the shop pick an inspiration item and then make a project any kind of project as long as it is from an inspiration piece in the store. Then leave a link on Ashley's blog (our Etsy Inspired Creator) by next Friday at Noon Pacific time and you will be entered to win the prize for this week. Usually the store donates a prize but as they did not want to do that this week we had lovely Kristin from the DT donate a wood slide Unity Stamp for the Prize.
.......
Be sure to check out all the mega talented girls on the team and see what lovely projects they all made as well!!!!
.......
The Etsy Inspired Team:
.......
.......
Here are some pictures of some of the great items in the shop for you to check out or use as your inspiration pieces. I tried to pick a variety of things they offer so you can see all the amazing things you can choose from in this weeks store!!!
.......
.......
Now here is the piece I picked out for my Inspiration this week!!!
.......
I liked the Silver of the Metal Bike, and the Rusty Red color of the wooden block it is setting on. So I went to my trusty SU sets to pick out a set perfect for the Challenge!!!! This set has several cute images and sayings about Friendship and the road of life.
So first I picked out some Rusty Red SU! card stock and my favorite the shimmery metallic Silver SU! card stock which never photo's as gorgeous as it is in person!!!
.......
I made the layers for the card with the Rust and Silver Card Stock then on the Top layer I embossed the cute Girl on the Bike image with Silver embossing powder. Then I took my Craft White pad and distressed the edges of that layer with ink and then added embossing powder all around the edges and that is how I got the jagged silver embossed edge of the bike layer.
.......
All of the layers are popped up from each other using Stampin Dimensionals the top layer is popped a little higher with excess foam and rubber from my stamps.
.......
Last I took some large distressed metal Brads and added them to the four corners with my Crop- a -Dile and I added the red and white patterned ribbon to the two corners of the Bike layer and then behind the other silver and rust layers on the card back. Pretty Simple, but I liked how it turned out!!!!
.......
I am sending this card off to Germany tomorrow to one of my good blogging friends Regina!!! Thank You Regina for your wonderful Friendship from afar!!!!
.......
Well I better go and get the family ready to head on off to Smith Center Kansas to see my girls and pick them back up!!!! Tucker has actually really, really, really enjoyed his week alone with Mommy and Daddy to pay all of our attention to just him!!!!
.......
.......
He has played and played with Mommy which is part of why I have had no blogging time this week!!!! We have had a good fun week if not the most productive week. Marvin and I took Tucker to the Park one night and then we took him to buy sand for his sand box tonight and last night we went out to Dinner the 3 of us! Wow you forget how quiet and easy just one 23 month old can be!!!! My house is sure to get back to the normal loud noise level on Monday for sure!!!!!
.......
Have a Stampendous Saturday!!!!!
.......
Heather

21 comments:

Randi said...

Gorgeous card!! The embossing powder looks beautiful!! This would make a wonderful layout/technique for Christmas cards!! So, stunning!!

Oh, and I love your Flutter Anya card below!! Gorgeous job coloring her!! And the layering and details are amazing!! Those butterfly eyelets are TOO cute!! It's a good thing you don't remember where you got them, because I would've had to run and buy 100 of them! ;o)

Have a great weekend!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Fabulous embossing, heather! Great card! :)

de said...

Wow Heather! I love this! All the red and silver and of course the image are perfect for your inspiration piece! Beautiful job!

Christine Riley said...

What an awesome card! Love the embossing, just beautiful!
Hugs, Christine :)

StampinCathy said...

This is just so cool. This is one inspiring card.

Tiff said...

What a perfect card for that inspiration piece!!!

Tanya said...

Cute! I've never thought to use that image as a solid color! It looks nice!
And what a great etsy shop! wow!

Ashley said...

WOW Heather! This is really different for you and I'm really impressed! I love the colors and the vintage feel of the card! Awesome!

Kerry said...

Great card Heather! So glad you have had some super special 1:1 time with your little one this week! They grow up so quickly, don't they?! :)

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Gorgeous card Heather, the embossing looks great and i love the colour scheme. Hope you have a great weekend. Hugs Nikki x

Kristen said...

Heather this card is so so pretty!!!!!! :) I love all the silver going on with it!

Nicole said...

Hi Heather, I really like what you did with this image. Very creative idea! LOVE the finished product! HUGS! Nicole :)

Cindy said...

What a great card! The colors are wonderful together and I really liked how you used the ribbon!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Hi Heather! I, too, have been sidetracked with the demands of life, so haven't had much time to blog surf or stamp lately. I have no tips, except to state the obvious... it ebbs and flows. Family (and for me, work) has to come first. But somehow we always (eventually) find time to take a break and indulge in our favorite hobby, which is like a breath of fresh air!

I just looked through your last 7 posts (that's how far behind I've been). Lovely work, as always! Sounds like you've got a busy summer ahead. Hang in there and enjoy every day!

Hugs,
Lisa

Dawn K. said...

cool card. great technique

Jamee said...

nice card!!!

Shelly said...

Great card, Heather!!!! I love the silver and red together.

Shannon said...

Really great card.

Regina said...

hi, Heather
what a great effect! The red and black color combo is very classy looking! I love the card!
That's a great surprise! I don't know what to say. 10000 Kisses fly over the great sea to you!
Hugs Regina

Jodi said...

Love your red and silver! Your embossing is so pretty! Hope you are doing well. =)
Hugs
Jodi =)

Cathy said...

Very cute!! Love the embossing!! Very nicely done!!

Hugs,Cathy