Saturday, May 16, 2009

Etsy Inspired #37 - DT Sample - Our Teacher Appreciation Gifts for this year. Willow's Pre-School Graduation was today!

Teacher Appreciation Time
.......
With the Etsy Inspired Challenge
Happy Saturday Everyone!!!!,
.......
Well you all know what time it is Etsy Inspiration Challenge Time!!! This weeks great shop is Dogbone Art Etsy Shop. She has a ton of different stuff and all really cute!!!!
.......
Be sure when you are done here to head on over to the other girls creations I know they will all WOW you this week!!!! We have some very nice and very talented ladies on this team!!!!
........
The Etsy Inspired Team
.......
.......
We have one new Team Member this week but I can not find my link for her so I promise to have her linked next week. Her name is Emily. Welcome Emily!!!
.......
I saw on Ashley's Blog that De made some really cute new DT blinkies and such, but see they are mostly BROWN and you know I have that horrible horrible allergy to BROWN!!!! Oh my gosh see I am already having breathing troubles and my throat is swelling just talking about BROWN!!! (Shhhh) so I think I will just keep my old nice ORANGE Button!!!! I like it just fine!!! LOL!!!!!!
Some Store Inspiration Pieces:
I think the pieces above and below remind me totally of that one stamp line The Greeting Farm carries called House of Mental??? I do not have any of those images but this would be perfect for that stamp image if you know what I am talking about???
The store has over 2,600 sold items and I looked through a lot of those plus there is a wide variety you have to go check it out because I did not come close to copy and pasting pictures of all the different kids of items, there are buttons, and plushies, and all sorts of things!!!
.......
The above item made me think of Riley the Moose stamps from Hanna Stamps!!!1
My Inspiration Pieces:
.......
I knew I needed to make teacher appreciation gifts and that would take all of my crafting time the last couple of days so this Apple image seemed perfect inspiration to use Apples and Teachers on my gifts. The owls had some colors I liked for the gifts and the bag made me want to do a Purse or a Tote for my Inspiration/Teacher Appreciation gift.
So below are all the pictures to my gifts. They are Totes that Velcro shut, and I colored the images with the same hair color the actual teacher receiving it has. I colored 3 girls for each gift set and as I was coloring last night I played around with the way I colored their hair several different ways.
.......
Above you can see my playing around with different shading techniques.
Below are two of the gifts done up and closed. The red paper around the oval in the scallop oval is some Glittery Bright Red Card Stock Willow picked out that she wanted me to use!!! LOL!!!
.......
I made my totes 6 1/2 x 6 1/2 " The bottom is 6 1/2" x 2 " then scored at 1/2" on both sides the long way.
Here is a picture of the front. I found these cute apple shaped post it notes at Target last night. Half the pad is red and half is green so I just tore out sections of each and added both colors to each teachers gift. They are in the front pocket and I added one piece of the velcro behind them so you can keep them in there.
Below you can see the Front of the tote on the left and the back of the tote on the right.
I made up the chalk board and wrote out the School Name, the Year, The Teachers name and then a quick thank you from all of us on top. Willow went in and wrote her name above "and the Schlatters" all the sentiments are written in the Metallic Silver Liquid shaker pens and then outlined with my Real Red SU Marker. I thought silver would give it a little bling and make it stand out more then if I tried to write in all with a white gel pen.
Here is the full back of the tote. I saw this idea for a Chalk Board and using cut up, Q-Tips for the chalk from MacKenzie Bruckler's Blog she is down in my blog roll and I searched her blog for The Greeting Farm to see the idea again.
Here is the inside of the tote on the left. In this pocket I put 4 blank home made cards and envelopes so they could use them for whatever. I figured since they are school themed they could use them as Thank Yous to the parents who gave them gifts, or they could use them for their own children's teachers too!!!
.......
On the front and inside are 6 3/4" x 3 1/4" scored on the bottom and both sides at 1/2", and 1/4" on all 3 sides, one side gets put down with sticky strip and the other scored section creates the pocket if that makes sense???
The tote in the lower part of the picture and the four cards above. All Card Stock is SU! in Craft, Whisper White, Real Red, and Basic Black. The Patterned papers are from the Die Cuts With a View Premium School days set with foil and glitter mixed in the papers I love this pack!!!
So to the left you can see the card holders, and to your right you can see a Notebook faux leather front (got at Hobby Lobby for $2.00 each called the travelers sketch book. I also wrapped the Pen with DSP and used glue dots to hold it. It has Velcro behind it and the Note book to hold them in. Everything else has sticky strip or glue dots holding it except for the Velcro closures you can see above.
Several things are popped up with excess rubber and foam from my stamps.
Below I made two of each of these cards for each teachers inside pocked and they are blank inside. I used my Martha Stewart embossing edge punch for the edges. Ribbon is from Hobby Lobby in the sewing section of the store.

Well, I have some funny stories to tell you from the week, and I have pictures and news to share about Willow's program and a few other things so I am going to try to finish editing Willow's program and "Graduation" pictures so you can see them and hear all about our funny week on Sunday!!!

.......

Do not forget to play along this week just go to Ashely's Blog and leave a link to your project inspired from this weeks store by next Friday at Noon PST, and you will be put into the drawing for the prize!!!!

........

Off to check out all of my totally talented team mates creations for the week!!!!

.......

If I used to be a regular attender and commenter on your blog and I have not been by it is just temporary I will be back and commenting soon!!!! I have just been insanely busy and such and I am about to go insane I think!!!!

.......

Heather

28 comments:

Regina said...

hi Heather

the teachers gifts are great! A wonderful idea! Here in Germany we are not giving a teachers gift.
I love the cards and the school ribbons!
Enjoy the weekend!
Hugs Regina

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Wow Heather, the teachers gifts are just wonderful, so many great projects. Hope you have a great weekend. Hugs Nikki x

~*Joni said...

Willow's teachers are going to LOVE these! Congratulations Willow! :D What an adorable graduate you have Heather. ;)
Your work is so amazing and creative, the apple post-its are so much fun and all the goodies are sooo sweet. Hope things slow down for everyone soon, but with the end of the school year, I know the feeling of being so busy. Hugs and happy weekend!

de said...

Wow girl, you've been busy! These are so GREAT! I'm sure they will be appreciated. I just noticed your kids pics on the sidebar. OMG they are ADORABLE! That picture of Tucker... sooo cute. Definitely looks like a little mini man! Have a great weekend!

Joy said...

sweet!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

Super duper cute! They will love receiving these from your girls! Thanks for the warm welcome! :)

Christine Riley said...

Wow, what wonderful teacher's gifts! I love how you put these proejcts together, they are fabulous!
Hugs, Christine :)

Jackie said...

Hi Heather!
These are great teacher gifts! I'm sure they're going to love them & I really like those post it notes you found....great idea!

TFS & have a great rest of the weekend!!

Ashley said...

Girl, you rocked the challenge out this week! I love everything you made, probably my favorite project from you so far! I adore the gift sets with Anya! AWESOME!

Tonya said...

Totally awesome. So creative and so cute. Fab job!!

Kristen said...

ack so stinkin adorable Heather! these are all incredible! You have been super busy huh? :)

Jodi said...

Heather these are just too darn cute ~ I'm sure they will be much appreciated!

Jodi

Emily said...

Wow!!! It looks like a lot of work!!! I know they'll love them!!!!

Kerry said...

What lucky teachers! These are great Heather! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog today...I feel the same about YOU! =)

Minx said...

What cool gifts, i love how they open up to reveal more surprizes inside.
I see your a greetings farm stamp lover too. i just adore the miss anyas myself, my cards are on my cute blog.. i have 2, you visited my altered blog, thanks for the nice comments BTW :O)
And i love the idea drawing inspiration from other peeps creations.

Dawn K. said...

very cute project!

Shelly said...

You did a fantastic job on the gifts, Heather. They're so awesome. The teachers are going to know you cared enough to make something really special for them.
Thanks for sharing them. I was so hoping you would.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's post. It sounds like a good one. : )

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Hi Heather! I l-o-v-e love all your TGF posts. I'm in love with TGF anyway and always enjoy seeing what others do with them. Your teacher gifts rock! What a nice thing to do.

I'm glad you're feeling better!

Hugs,
Lisa

Tiff said...

I agree with Ash...you DEFINITELY ROCKED OUT THE CHALLENGE!!!!! Awesome job and those teachers are certain to love your creations!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh gosh how cute!! What a fun idea for teacher gifts!!!

All Pink girl said...

Just stopping by to tell you about the exciting new Challenge blog that has just been announced, packed with fresh creative ideas, to be run by myself and Ann (madgesty loves to create). Please stop by the link below and check out the brilliant blog candy on offer and how you can become involved. See you there xxx
The Next Level.

Kim Dellow said...

Wow, what wonderful makes, so bright and beautiful any teacher will be just so pleased to get one of these. Kim

Janna said...

Heather this is just amazing!!! seriously!! I adore this idea and as a former teacher this would have made the perfect gift for me! I love your beautiful coloring and all the attention to detail you incorporated!! I have to say though Heather that your handwriting is amazing!! Wow,w ow, wow! it is just too perfect!!! Love everythign about it!

Can't wait to see all the pictures! Can't believe Willow's school year is over and Piper is almost done! They are growing up too fast!

Smiles,
janna

Holly said...

Heather, what a lot of thought you put into making these gifts! I'm sure they will be so appreciated. Looking forward to hearing your funny stories.

Summerthyme Studio said...

Cute Projects Heather! I took a little hiatus from blog hopping, but glad to be back and see that you are making some pretty pretty schtuff!!!!!

Hugs for you!

Vicki

Kristine B. said...

You've done it again! :) LOVE LOVE LOVE all these. Thanks for showing the different ways to color hair. I love them all. I think the ones on the far right look computer generated--they're almost too perfect, LOL! BUT they all look equally great. :)

Christi said...

Wow!!! Your totes are awesome! What great teacher gifts!

Cassie said...

i saw these the other day real quick but don't think i took the time to leave a comment! sorry!

they are really cool though - i bet those teachers were sooo touched by your thoughtful gift! and it's practical too - they'll get a lot of use out of it!