Saturday, May 2, 2009

Etsy Inspiration Challenge #34 Dt Sample

Bright Purple Whimsy!!!
Happy Saturday Everyone!!!
.......
Well, if any of you were here yesterday and read about the Horrible ordeal and Pain I was in here is an update. The Powerful Antibiotic is working good I wonder if the infection in my tooth has been pulled out into my gum and my cheek as they are both really swollen and hard now, but I am not in near as much pain as I was in before!!! Hopefully I can make it until the Dentist gets back on Tuesday to find out exactly what has happened to me and my tooth. I look kind of ridiculous right now with my right lower cheek all swollen and hard and the other side of my face is fine???? If you are wondering what I am talking about you can read the post below it was a pretty bad experience, but I am feeling somewhat better now!!!
.......
So it is Saturday which means it is Etsy Inspiration day and this week our shop for you is called Adopt a Critter Etsy Shop she has hand made critter's monsters and plushies but right now in the shop is 18 of these Sydocian critters you can look in her sold items for inspiration as well there are lots of other items in there to see. She has had over 400 sales and lots of categories in her sold items!!!
.......
After you see my creation do not forget to head out to all the other DT girls and see what they came up with too!!! I always find it neat how we can pick the same inspiration and go in so many different directions with it for our inspiration samples!!!
.......
I have to give a quick shout out to Tonya on the Etsy DT. On Thursday we both found out that we made it onto the Inky Impressions DT!!! It was a long call and a long wait, but I am so happy for her so don't forget to congratulate her!!!! Yea Tonya!!!!
.......
.......
The Etsy Inspired Team:
.......
........ Heather Schlatter (Me)
....... Jackie Bowman
....... Joy Stagg
....... Kristen Dyer
....... Lee Murphy
....... Taylor Usry
....... Tonya Hopkins
.......
So below are my inspiration pieces I liked!!! This weeks prize is a Free Sydocian for the winner of the Etsy Inspiration Challenge. All you have to do is go to the shop, and pick an inspiration piece either from her current or sold items. Then make a project any kind of crafty project will do as long as it was off of inspiration from the shop!!! Then leave a Link on Ashley's Blog telling us where to find your project so we can check it out!!! Have all this done by Friday May 8th at Noon PST and you will be entered into the drawing to win this cute critter!!!
.......
So when I saw this image above it totally reminded me of the image I had colored up just last night. It is one of the New Wild Sprouts Collection from The Greeting Farm. They were just released yesterday but I was lucky enough to pick mine up at the Pre-sale last week. She was sure fun to color up!!!! I left pictures of the other two girls in the collection also!!!! ....... So Here is my take on this weeks challenge. Her big eyes totally reminded me of that Purple Critter!!! I took several pictures of this card tonight but since I did not get to do it until late I had to scan it because none of the pictures were showing the colors right. I really need to invest in an Ott Light since all of my craft time has to happen after the kiddo's are in bed at night. I rarely get to take pictures of my projects in the day light!!!! Below you can see the small version of one of the pictures I took and it is way different then the scanned version!!!
.......
So I used my Martha Stewart triangle, and SU! scallop border punches on the bottom of the card. I used my Ribbon Nesties for the sentiment. This is perfect plum SU! CS stamped with an SU! set warm words I used the Giggle Sentiment because it seemed to fit this card. I stamped it in SU! whisper white craft ink, and embossed it with metallic silver embossing powder!!!
.......
The other layers are in Various SU! colors, Lavender Lace, Perfect Plum, and Orchid Opulence. The Patterned papers are old and unidentified makers.
.......
I also used my Blossoms and Labels 1 Nesties on this card as well!!! I used glue dots, excess foam and rubber from my stamps to pop up the higher layers of the card, and SU! Stampin Dimensionals to pop up the lower layers of the card.
.......

Here is a close up of this Wild Sprout Cutie Patootie!!!

I really like her better colored up then on the web site even!!!
.......
I am trying to go for that coloring that the Amazing Wicked Pixie on The Club Anya DT does she makes her hair shine so cool!!! I tried it on all three of the Wild Sprouts above. What do you think anywhere close??? She is like an amazing Artist!!!! You should take some time and go through her blog a few days ago she took Anya's and Ian's and created Medival outfits for them and made a Blue Court, Red Court, Green Court, and Purple Court and they costumes she drew were AMAZING!!!! This woman can color like no other!!!!!
.......
I used my Copics in these colors on this stamp:
.......
Hair: YR02 base, E08, E09, E19, E39 highlights Skin: Roo, E00, E95, E93, and RV 02 for the cheeks Outfit: V000, V04, V06, V08, V12, (V95 light grape??)
.......

Well I need to head off to bed, and get some rest even though I am feeling a million times better then I was Wednesday and Thursday I am still pretty run down from not being able to eat or sleep for 2 days!!!

.......

Have a Stampendous Weekend and I hope you play along this week!!! Oh and I do not always post on Sunday but I have a card made and ready to go using another of those cute Wild Sprouts from above!!!

.......

Heather

37 comments:

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Oh I just love your inspiration Heather - too cute! Your colouring is gorgeous and your card is just so pretty. I love the colours and design, Have a great weekend, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Regina said...

hi Heather,
it's good to hear that you feel better! I'm so sad because you have such many pains.

Your card is lovely!I love your fab colours!
The little girl is so sweet and I especially like the way you colored the girl hair!

All the best to you and hugs
Regina

WickedPixie said...

Hi Heather! Your hair coloring looks amazing and perfect! Great job on those adorable Sprouts! I am blushing and all a-flutter at your super sweet compliments! Thanks so much! :-) Traci

Christine Riley said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card! Love the colors and that image is adorable! I'm so glad you're feeling better.
Hugs, Christine :)

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Well, glad you're at least feeling less pain. It certainly hasn't hurt your creativity any.... whew!

Big Hugs,

A Little This and Alot of That said...

I want to say thank you for joining us on SBS28.... You are so very welcome and glad for the chance to get to know you....I love your creations....

Harriet

Shannon said...

Super cute card! Your coloring is fantastic!!

Tonya said...

Love this! Your coloring is fabulous. Fab job on the hair. The new Greeting Farm stamps are just to cute!!

Thank you for the shout out, girl! I am so excited that we get to work together on another team. Congratulations on making!! >:0)

de said...

Heather, so pretty! Love it!

Heather "Hev" said...

Hi Heather :)

So glad you are having some relief from your pain!!

Love your card it is ever so pretty :)

Take care of yourself
Hugs, Heather

Kristen said...

Heather this card is awesome!! :) Your coloring is fabulous!! I love how you made the hair look so shiny!!

Margie said...

I'm happy to hear that you are feeling so much better!
Your card is adorable! Awesome coloring job! I love the highlighting - superb!!!
Happy Scrappy Day :*)

Maria said...

Hey Heather! Being swollen and hard. . .it must be an abscess. You should get it checked sooner. . .don't want it spreading to your sinus cavitiy or elsewhere. Hopefully, the antibiotics are containing it.

I'm glad you are feeling better. At least you're in less pain!!

I love your cute card. Gosh, those images are just the cutest big time. I love all the Greeting Farm images. I have no problems creating cards with them. I'm totally in love with them. LOL!

You colored your images so beautifully!! The purple color of your card is so pretty!! I love how the image is centered in the middle of the flower.

Yeah, an OTT light is a good investment. I don't have enough light in my craft room in the day time and I don't like having to look for a place in the house with good light. I also tend to finish up my cards at night so the OTT light really helps.

Take care!

Maria

Mariska said...

Wow your colouring on all three girls is fantastic sweetie!! Your colouring keeps getting better and better!! I love the card you made with the gorgeous purple and the must have embossing folder. Can't wait to find out what you'll do with the other two girls!! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!!

xxx
Mariska

Jackie said...

This is too stinkin' cute Heather! I love all the pieces you picked as your inspiration & your card came out fabulous! excellent work!!!

I'm glad to hear that you can see my updates just fine! That means that part of it is great!!! I just have to figure out how to get the peeps that have my posts *pics* on their blogs getting my updates....it never ends LOL!!

Have a great rest of the weekend!!!

Carisa said...

Your coloring rocks! I love the hair -- I'm still trying to figure that out....Congrats on making Inky Impressions. I made it to the 2nd round but wasn't one of the finals. :( No worries though, You are going to rock those designs and I can't wait to see what you girls make!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous Heather!! Love the purple!! Your coloring is awesome!!! You rock girl!

Congrats on the Inky Impressions DT!!

Carisa said...

Awww, I just saw your comment on my blog --- thank you so much for the encouragement! I know it will happen someday! LOL Just gotta keep tryin' Thanks for following me!

Nicole said...

Hi Heather, Just wanted to stop by and tell you CONGRATS on making the team! Your work is just beautiful! I know that you will rock out the Inky Impressions images! BIG HUGS! Nicole :)

Danni said...

I'm glad you are feeling a bit better!
Wonderful card, love all the purple and all the fun little touches!

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Oh girl those are such cuties!!!! Your coloring is so gorgeous too!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Great stuff, lady!!! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog...I am having a blast designing cards and projects on the MSB team!!! Hope you are well and take care!!
-t

Lyn S said...

Wow, your card is just adorable!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a nice comment, I've just signed up as a Follower to your's too!

Dawn K. said...

your coloring and colors are incredible!!!d

Emily said...

I am glad to hear you are better it's now 8:05....:p I think your coloring is amazing!! I can't wait to get my stamps!!!! I the colors are fantastic!!!!! I can't believe you got this done and felt like crap!!!!

Nicola said...

Fantabulous card Heather and you sure captured the shiny hair.
So pleased to hear you are not in as much pain ... bet Tuesday don´t come soon enought for you.
Hugs Congratulations on making the DT with II.
Hugs,
Nicola xxx

Kimmie0270 said...

What inspiration! Congrats on all your accomplishments. And this card is beyond adorable! Loving it - seriously too cute!

Tab said...

Wow what a gorge card, love it! Fab colouring too and those images are divine too!
Hugs Tab xxx

Ann said...

Super cute!!!! I love your coloring--so gorgeous!

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

WOW Heather!! Just adorable!! I really love the purple colors!! Amazing!! Hope you are doing well!! Big hugs for you!! :)

SemSee said...

Hi Heather! WOW! These 'wild sprouts' are the cutest and your colouring of them is absolutelu=y gorgeous! I actually hadn't come across these must-have stamps until your blog! We aren't lucky enough to have these stamps in our shops in the UK yet! But I'll be getting them as soon as they do! He he! Huge hugs from your fellow Inky Impressions DT 'sistah', Sem x

Jacquie said...

Hey there girlie!!! How are you?? Sorry. dumb question!! I am SO sorry you had to go thru all that and VERY happy that you are feeling better!!! I am also SO VERY happy for you and the DT spot!! You SO deserve it!! Sorry I haven't visited lately! I can see I have missed a LOT of AWESOME creations!! I LOVE this card Heather!! She is PERFECT!! The layout and the coloring are AMAZING!! When you have time, stop by my blog for a surprise!! Take care of yourself!! Hope to chat with you soon!!


Jacquie/Javablustamper

Jodi said...

Heather!! This is just amazing!! I love your take on the inspiration challenge!! Your coloring is just so pretty too!
Hugs
Jodi=)

Lisa Hjulberg said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better Heather, although I'll look forward to hearing that you've been to the dentist and are all healed up soon!

You colored those girls so well!!! I cannot wait to get mine... I got on line too late for the early bird, but did order them all last Friday. I'm counting the minutes until they arrive in my mailbox.

Hugs!
Lisa

Ashley said...

Heather, this is so super cute! I love all the purple! Adorable!

Cassie said...

Hey Heather!!
How did I miss this new cuties from TGF??
you did a great job with them as usual!!
My afternoon was the BEST! It totally rocked getting to chat with you and Janna! Have a great day - I'll be back later!

Crafty Num Nums said...

Your card is sooo pretty :) The coloring is wonderful. I am still trying to get the hang of the Copics