Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Twinkling Ride with Sweet Pea!!

A Twinkling Cutie Patootie!!!
Happy Tuesday Everyone!!!!
.......
Well it is Tuesday so it is time to Twinkle with us Twinkies!!! This week we have guest Twinkie Madelynn's little brother Jack. Jack gave us a sketch that was almost too easy!!! LOL. I think I need the more involved sketches to do a good job, but I tried to do Jacks great sketch some justice anyway!!!
.......
I have some sad Twinkling news this week!!! My dear friend Jami Bova, and Sweet Danni Bindel that I work for on Flutter By Wednesday's have both decided they need to step down from the Twinkling Team!!! Jami whose family has been stationed in Korea since last August is having to move back to AZ with her two son's due to some House and Animal issues. Her Hubby will be in Korea for about 15 more months so Jami will be doing the single parent thing and taking on a full time job as well so she will be ultra busy and have much less stamping time!!! Danni has a lot going on too and her Hubby is shipping out to Iraq later this week so she also has decided for now to step down from some of her stamping commitments!!! I am so sad to see both of them go, but it is not Goodbye as I will still be friends with both of them and still stalk their wonderful creations!!!
.......
So now on to better news Jacks Sketch!!! Woo Hooo!!!! After you are done here do not forget to hop on over to all the other Twinkling Girls blogs to see what they came up for the sketch this week!!! Bonnie is our featured stamper this week so she published to the Twinkling Blog as well. Now speaking of Bonnie she just announced that she is now a "Dirty Dozen Girl" for Split Coast Stampers!!! This is a Mega Huge honor very rare honor to have bestowed on here, so be sure to give her some big congrats when you stop by her blog!!!
.......
The "Twinkle Team"
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
.......
So Here is Jack's (Jessica's Son, and Madelynn's Brother) Great Sketch!!!
.......
Now for my take on the sketch!! So I got 3 Pink Cat Studio (don't forget the Sneak Peeks for Pink Cat start today you can start on Janna Hull's blog linked above in the twinkling list)stamp sets along with some Nesties for my Birthday from 7 Kids College Fund, and I have not used my ultra cute Sweet Pea sets so I just had to whip them out for this card!!
.......
When I saw this stamp I knew I had to have these sets I love this stamp the best out of both sets!!! How cute is that Giraffe??? My Sister in law is expecting her 3rd child and 3rd boy in just 4 years so I made this card for the new Baby when it gets here in August!! I know I know yes I am actually ahead of the game for once!!!
I used SU! Card Stocks in Whisper White, Kraft, More Mustard, Yo Yo Yellow, and So Saffron. I cuttled two of the layers with my circles CB folder, and I cuttled one layer with the Swiss Dots folder. I used Labels 4 and my Mega Nesties for this card as well. The Kraft layer I used a decorative corner rounder punch with a little Teddy Bear in it.

I colored this cute image up using my copics and My SU! Black Journaler!!! If you do not have one of these I so suggest getting one. It is a deep dark black and permanent so you can draw things with it and then color over it and it will not run. I added a line to sweet peas arm to make him in a t-shirt instead of being shirtless.

.......

I used Copics in E00, R00, E95, and E93 for the skin, and cheeks. I used B21, and B24 for the blue diaper, I used G00, and G02 for his shirt, and for the Giraffe I used Y08, Y11, Y13, Y17, and Y38, oh and Lionet Gold for the spots but I can not remember that number it is a Y though and really looks gold in person!!! For the Teddy I used E31, E35, and R13.

.......

Here is a cute Fiber I found at Hobby Lobby the other day it is Paper Studio Fibers and if you like this one look one post below for the gorgeous Rainbow Fiber that is also in this set!! I also added some More Mustard colored brads for the Center of the Flowers!!!
.......
Well 4 days down and 5 1/2 to go before Marvin gets back from his Work and Witness Trip he went on with a group of workers from our church. He called tonight and said they were roofing today and then building Wardrobes and Bunk Beds later in the week. They are at Sun Valley Indian Boarding School helping to restore and update the school facilities. Yesterday they drove the two hours to the Indian Reservation most of the Navajo students come from. He said the whole reservation is about 3/4 the size of Kansas wow that is big!!!
.......
I better get to bed and get some sleep now!!! I hope you enjoy the card and don't forget to stop by the other Twinklettes blogs and see what they have in store for us this week too!!!
.......
Have a Stampendous Tuesday all!!!
.......
Heather

24 comments:

Christine Riley said...

Oh my goodness, this is so sweet! I love the soft colors and that image is adorable.
Hugs, Christine :)

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Oh is this ever adorable. Just too, too cute!

Hugs,

Emily said...

Hey girl I lost my phone yesterday and met with the contractor, I'll call you tonight!!! I color combo is eye pleasing and your coloring if of course fabulous, I can't believe you are getting these cards done without Marvin....you keep hanging in their!!

Kimmie0270 said...

I love how you used the same embossing on the first and last layer. It really adds something to the card - which is way too cute btw!

Danni said...

I think I need to adjust my monitor, is there really brown on this?? Just had to tease you!
Seriously this is the cutest!! Wonderful job!

Margie said...

Very sweet and very cute! Love that lil image! and the colors are great!!!
TFS :*)

Martha said...

so so cute, great card.

Cassie said...

sooo cute!! I love baby cards!!! How special for your sister!
Love the trim and the different nesties you used too!

Jodi said...

Love this Heather! Very cute and love the colors you used for your image!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Jackie said...

Gorgeous card Heather and I really like the sketch! tfs!!!

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Jack's sketch is fabulous and I love your card Heather, Your colouring is gorgeous and I love the embossing, Great idea to give sweet pea a t-shirt, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Tanya said...

Oh how adorable! Very sweet and I like the corner pieces!

eggette said...

Love this image!! What a wonderful baby card! and I have those Spellbinders on the way!! yay!!

Maria said...

Hey Heather! Awww, your card is so adorable. I love that PCS stamp. . it's so fun to color. You did a beautiful job with your coloring and I love the color combo that you used!!

Whoohoo! Congratulations to Bonnie! What a fantastic honor for her!!

Hey, isn't it funny about living in Hawaii when they wear winter coats when the temperature is in the 70s! LOL! I find it funny now because I can walk out of the house in t-shirt and jeans when the temperature is in the 50s. I couldn't do that when I was living in Hawaii. I thought 70s was cold back then! LOL!

Maria

Ann Kranitz said...

Love the way you combined your nesties. This is super cute. I like how you created the little t-shirt.

Michelle daydreams505 said...

This such a cute card Heather! I love all of the embossing and the image is the sweetest! :)

Ashley said...

Very very cute card Heather! I love it! I really need this set! I actually need that set, I got the other Sweet Pea set.

Michelle said...

CA-UTE card!! That ribbon is cool!

Rebecca Ednie said...

I love the image and the colouring is great. Cute flower ribbon too!

Mariska said...

Hi sweetie!! First let me thank you for your sweet comments on my blog!! It's always so nice to read your lovely comments! And now let me return the favour because boy did you do a great job on colouring this little cutie! I don't know how you did it but you coloured the baby in such a way that he looks much softer somehow then I have seen him coloured until now. Love all the embossing and the choice of papers too!!

xxx
Mariska

Sandra MacLean said...

HEATHER!?!?!?!! This is OUTSTANDING!! I go away for four days and look what happens - you do more amazing, jaw dropping work! I love this image and how you put the brads on top of the ribbon - perfection! You never cease to amaze me Heather! :D

Kim R said...

This is so adorable. I love the coloring. Your cards are so perfect!!!

Darla said...

AWESOME! I love this card! So darn cute, and I love the coloring of course. The cuttlebug background adds a lot to the card. And that giraffe and baby are adorable. Great job Heather!

bastelkueken said...

Heather, your card is perfect and wonderful in colour and design.. I love it