Saturday, April 11, 2009

I made a Brown (and pink) Card (and I am still alive!!! LOL) - A Gorjuss Girl Stampation

I did it!!
.......
I made a Brown (and pink)
.......
Card!!!!
Happy Friday Everyone!!! How are you???
.......
Well I wanted to put one of my Gorjuss Girl images that my friend Emily (Emily has a really cute Gorjuss Girl Creation too go check it out!!!) stamped up for me to play with to paper today. I know this is going to shock you all and it really did compromise my health (lots of breathing treatments and allergy shots later) I finally have made a Brown and pink card!!!
........
I know I know you will all be very proud of me!!! LOL!!!! If you are a new reader to my blog it is a well known fact in blog land that I have a Severe Allergy to the color Brown!!! Seriously like total allergy I have to have my inhaler, phone and my new Brown Free glasses by my computer when I go blog hopping so if I come upon any brown creations I am prepared and can quickly call 911 if need be!!! LOL!!!! Brown and I just do not get along and I rarely use it, but I can still appreciate others brown creations as long as I have my handy brown free glasses on!!!! (Like seeing the world through Rose Colored Glasses!!!, I see the world through Free Glasses!!!!)
.......
So I made this card up using my paper packs of 6 x 6 Basic Gray Paper in Sugared and Bitter Sweet that my other really good friend Janna made me buy!!!
.......
I colored my Gorjuss Girl up with my copics using Brown shades E31, E33, E 35, and E39, and pink shades R20, RV81 and RV83, I always use for my skin colors and cheeks E00, R00, E95, and E93 (tea rose) again Janna made me buy that shade) Janna bless her soul made up a Pink and Black Creation today and I adore it I know she used Brown instead of Black just for me!!!) It is a gorgeous gift set you have to see it!!!
.......
I both scanned the image and took a picture of it to see what the differences in color came out to be. The Scan sort of squished my layers down a bit but the color definitely looks more true!!!
.......
Above is the scanned image and Below is the picture image which one do you like better????
I used some ribbon Janna had sent me for my Birthday and I used some of my Prima Flowers I picked up last month. They are from two different sets.
Here is a close up of The cute Gorjuss Girl!!! I am so glad my friend Emily has all of them and she has the newest ones on pre-order so I can ink them up when they come too!!!
.......
So that is my Brown Card I hope you enjoy it!!!! LOL!!!!
.......
Now for some more Puppy pictures!!! The puppy in the middle is Emily's puppy Brownie. She is the same breed and 1 week younger but she was the runt. "Our Puppies" are still really small, but compared to Brownie they look like giants!!!! (they are actually gifts for 2 other people, but I am potty training them, and the girls home fell through). Anyway Emily brought her puppy over for a play date the other day and we had 5 kids, 5 dogs (3 puppies and Emily's older dog an our dog Clifford) , and 2 adults running around it was lots of fun, and very very busy and hectic!!!!!!
Left to right is M&M's, Brownie, and Skittles.
(the names of "Our Puppies" are subject to change depending on who they end up with) Here is Willow and Emma my good friend Natalie's girl who was over for a play date giving the puppies rides in the wagon.
Willow Emma and the Puppies in the Wagon.
Brownie, M&M's, and Skittles
Willow holding Brownie Emily's Puppy
The Puppies taking a rest on our Big Over stuffed Chair
Well here is one last view of my Brown Card take it in and enjoy it cause I will not be making another one of these for a long while to dangerous to my health!!! LOL!!!!
.......
Have a SUPER Stampendous Friday and I will have my Etsy Post for you tomorrow!!!
.......
Heather

35 comments:

Danni said...

You seriously crack me up! I'm proud of you for conquering your illness for the sake of one gorgeous card!!
You really did an amazing job on this. Your scanner is much better than mine~ I'd never get that good of a scan! I like both the photos though.
The puppies are just too cute!! How fun!!

Emily said...

I totally LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this CARD!!!!! I love the layout, the coloring, the gorjuss girl...EVERYTHING!!!!!! I think it is my new favorite card you made!!!! I also love the puppies, they go with your card!!! I'm glad you like her, your coloring is AMAZING!!!! Way to RoCk them!!!! Back to work!!! (Can you tell I'm happy and tired :)? ) I'm glad we got to talk last night, I wish there were more hours in the DAy to talk to you :P, I guess I'll be thankful for the time that I squeeze in, Again, FABULOUS!!!!

Margie said...

LOL! I really do enjoy reading your posts Heather! :)
That is a gorjuss card! I LOVE it! Great coloring too!
... and those puppies are sooo darling! My boys have been begging for a pup for a while now, lol, I don't know if I have the patience to potty train another baby, LOL!
TFS!
{{hugs}} margie

Jodi said...

I love those gorjuss girls too! I have the second set on order as well... gotta have 'em too!
You did a great job coloring them the other day and now you have pieced your card together so well. So glad you used pink and BROWN.!! LOL!
OMGosh, I just love those cute little puppies!! I want them all! Their names are so adorable! My cousin had a cat named skittles once--cute too. So, on your next trip my way, you have got to bring them here to stay with me!! They can meet my little one too. =)
Have a great day and a Happy Easter too!
Hugs,
Jodi =)

Maria said...

LOL! Janna is so devious making a card with brown instead of black!

I love brown. . .you're an RN. . you should know that you can become desensitized and if you use enough brown, you'll one day cure yourself of your allergic reaction to it! LOL!!

Your card turned out beautiful. Your coloring is perfect and oh, so pretty! The color combo is perfect too!

As for the photo. . .the picture image is much clearer but it is a bit muted. Did you use flash? Don't use flash . .use natural lighting or OTT light. The scanned image color is much richer but less clear.

Your pups and kids are adorable.

Maria

Maria said...

When I said the photo image is muted a bit, I meant the color is a little less vibrant than the scanned image but it is clearer than the scanned photo!

maria

Tonya said...

You crack me up! Oh my goodness you must hate coming to my blog. lol I adore brown. It is my favorite color to work with. Well whether you like like brown or not your card turned out AWESOME! I love those Gorjuss girls. They are on my wish list.

The puppies are are so adorable. What little cuties those girls are.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me such sweet comments. >:0)

Jackie said...

Fabulous card Heather! I'm so proud of you for using brown to make such a wonderful card!!!! The way you colored that adorable image is amazing....she is truly beautiful--awesome work!!!

Your pics are great too girl! Cute kiddos & adorable puppies....great combo & tfs!!!

de said...

Gorgeous card! And the pics are great! Very cute kids and the doggies are precious!

Betty Townsend said...

First of all, thank you for visiting my blog and signing up to follow. I have done the same with yours. Don't know how you found me, it doesn't really matter. I love this card! Absolutely beautiful. What stamps are these? Those puppies are precious!

Paula Still said...

OMG, Heather!! I absolutely love this card! Love your choice of DP, the layout and your coloring is beautiful!! You may not like brown but it LOVES you!

P.S. That Janna! She is pushy, isn't she LOL!!! But I'm glad she pushed you to doing a brown card! You did just an amazing job!!!

Love ya! Paula

Christine Riley said...

Wow, what a beautiful card! I love the layout and the colors. What a sweet family you have too, thanks for sharing the pics :)
Hugs, Christine

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

Definitely the scanned picture - by far. Her hair looks sooo shiny. I wish mine was that shiny! And she's as beautiful as you are!

Gorgeous kids and cute pups. Glad the brown wasn't more serious! Whew!

Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful escapade!

Hugs,

Christi said...

This is stunning girl! You really should use more brown...you definitely do it justice! :)

I also love all of those pics!!!!

Chrissy's Creations said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my Color Throwdown card. Your card is fabuous, I love your coloring, it's perfect. So, Brown huh? lol Mine is green, not that I have anything against green but it's just not my color and I struggle every time I have to use it.

Rebecca Ednie said...

I love brown and pink! How brave are you! Great card and gorgeous coloring on the hair!

Heather "Hev" said...

Beautiful card Heather :)

I reckon the brown thing and Heather must go together ;)

Have a Happy Easter :)

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

WooooooHooooooooo for Pink and Brown!!! My FAVE color combo!!!! This card is just out-and-out FABULOUS!!! And omgosh are those puppies just tooooo precious!!!

Randi said...

Ah, what a great post Heather!! Gorgeous Gorjuss card and darling puppies. Two of my favorite things! I'm proud of your use of brown!! I think you did a beautiful job! Emily is getting the second set?!? Lucky you!! I am trying to get through the next 24 hours without pre-ordering. I might not make it.
Thanks for the wonderful comment you left on my blog. I ADMIRE yours and Emily's creations!! And your blog is such a happy place!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This card is gorgeous!! Love the pinke and brown!! The layout, flowers and your colors are Fab!!!! Have a happy Easter!!

P.s. Where does Emily order these gorgeous girls from?

Darla said...

Wow Heather...I'm so impressed that you ventured into the brown world to make this card. You did an amazing job! I love the coloring, the flowers, the paper, the layout...it's all beautiful!

Kimmie0270 said...

Can there seriously be some brown sported on YOUR card? LoL. This card is stunning! I LOVE IT

Kerry said...

Heather you did a beautiful job incorporating brown into your card and should definitely use it more often! Your coloring is beyond fabulous and I love all the layers! And can I just say...those puppies are ADORABLE!

Lisa Foster said...

Wow Heather! This card is gorgeous! I totally LOVE how you colored her hair! Fantastic job! Thanks for sharing all of the wonderful photos too! Hope you & your family have a very HAPPY EASTER!!! {Hugs}
Lisa

Ashley said...

A brown card?? That's crazy!! Who are you and what did you do to Heather?? It's a beautiful card though, I don't see why you dislike brown so much, you work well with it.

I love the pictures of the kiddos and the puppies! They are all so cute!

debra said...

Hi Heather i am glad you found my blog and thanks for the kind words, those puppies are just adorable but unfortunately that's the closest i can get to cats or dogs due to an allergy, great blog you have and adorable cute children too.
hugs Debra

Heather said...

WOW! Your card is GORJUSS!!! Beautiful job coloring. The puppies are adorable! Hope you have a Happy Easter!

Debbie Lee said...

Love the card and I'm so proud of you and your use of "that" (wink,wink) color! :o) That little Gorjuss girl is sooo cute and your coloring is AMAZING!!

Bunny-Zoe's Blog said...

Your card is stunning Heather and the colours and your colouring is gorgeous, Wow, I want those puppies! Thanks for sharing the beautiful photo's of them and your girls, Sorry I haven't been around much this week. I hope your having a great bank holiday weekend, Big Hugs, Nikki x

~amy~ said...

Hey Heather...thanks for stopping by my blog, yes, I am addicted to blurfing :) Gorgeous card...love it!!! Sweet pictures too...I'm a HUGE fan of brown...LOL...

cats whiskers said...

Hi sweetie well you would never know you had an allergy to brown this is just perfect, what a fabulous paper choice and your colouring is superb. Just GORJUSS.
Thank you for the lovely comments you left on my blog I am really touched and honoured.
Hope you are your family have a lovely week
Hugs Jacqui x

Mariska said...

Oh sweetie, I love every image you've posted here. The puppies and the girls look so adorable!! I am a very big puppy lover but my husband isn't a 'dog person' so no dogs here :S. It's good that you don't live close to me though because if I'd been around those pups you would have probably found one missing... so cute!! And as for your card, you may not like brown... but brown certainly looks gorgeous on your card!! It's absolutely stunning and I LOVE how you've coloured her hair!! It looks so shiny, I wish my hair was coloured with copics :). I hope you have had a wonderful easter sweetie!!

xxx
Mariska

Michelle said...

WHAT??? BROWN - you? No way, can't be - but it is...YEAH for Heather!!! You used brown and it's GORGEOUS!!! LOVE the card - I just ordered that stamp today and can't wait for it to arrive!!! Absolutely love how you colored her - those socks/tights are adorable! GREAT JOB Heather!! YOU rocked this card! (can you tell I really like it - I should probably mention pink and brown is one of my favorite color combos, LOL)

Tanya said...

It looks fabulous! :) Your coloring is awesome too!

the whimsical butterfly said...

You crack me up too, missy. But I have to tell you that I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card and I'm going to venture out and tell you that it's my FAVE card of yours!

GORGEOUS, GORJUSS...whatever! IT"S THE BEST! WOW WOW WOW I love it and I'll be checking my mailbox for it. :) The dogs can get shipped FedEx to me, btw, as well :)

I will say the scanner is way better, too, in my opinion the colors do seem more true. HUGS!!!