Saturday, April 25, 2009

Etsy Inspired Challenge #33 - DT Sample

Happy Saturday All,
.......
It is Etsy Inspired Challenge time here so I want to share this weeks shop and my Etsy Card with you.
.......
This weeks shop is Opalescense Shop, she has some wonderful silver jewelry, and fibers, and beaded jewelry as well. This week she is giving away a free pair of Earrings with $28 value, so you will definitely want to play along this week!!!!!!

Don't forget to check out my other team mates great Etsy Inspired Creations as well here are their links:

.......

The Etsy Inspired Team

.......
....... Jackie Bowman
....... Joy Stagg
....... Kerry Angeles
........ Kristen Dyer
....... Lee Murphy
.......
........ Taylor Usry
....... Tonya Hopkins
.......
Don't forget that we now have a Permanent spot on the Etsy DT open so if you do all the challenges from April and submit links to them on Ashley's blog then you will be up for either a guest spot or a permanent spot on our Etsy DT!!!! Wooo Hoooo!!!
.......
So on to my inspiration pieces for this week. I choose these because I like purple and I knew I had some cute stamps to go with them!!! LOL!!!
.......
.......
So here is my card I did mess up on the bottom boarder I was trying to get it to be jagged, but I ended up just having one end be shorter then the other. I left some pieces of the glitter all around the skull so it would sparkle even more!!!
.......
I used some of the Die cuts with a view Rock star Card stock for the background paper and the other papers are all SU! CS in Elegant Eggplant, Perfect Plum, and Lavender Lace. ....... I used the SU! set Just Jawing for the main image and I stamped it in Whisper White Craft ink, and then put Heat and Stick powder on it embossed it and then added a dark sparkly purple glitter which is not sparkling in the picture but it is there!!! LOL!!! .......

Well Marvin will be home in the middle of the night tonight and I am trying to get all caught up on the laundry since we did not have to go anywhere last night or today so I better hop on up stairs and keep plugging away while I have some time to do it!!! It really makes it hard when you go 13 days without a dryer and are almost 13 days behind on laundry because as I have been trying to catch up all week it has been so busy and hectic that I am still really far behind!!! Uuuggghh!!! LOL.

.......
Have a Stampendous Saturday everyone and I hope you can play along in our Etsy Challenge this week. You can go back and do the past challenge even though they are over to earn your DT spot if you want too!!!
.......
Heather

14 comments:

lauriewe said...

I like the purple and black combo- glad to see you posted an oops as well-most of mine are oops!

Kerry said...

Very cute! I really like that background paper...it almost looks like a jewelry chain the way it is linked together. Hope you have a good weekend!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Heather, this is awsome! I love the purple skull and your background paper. Nice job!

I hope whatever was hanging you up this past week is now behind you. BTW, I'm NEVER caught up on laundry around here, either. No matter how hard I try! So you have a kindred spirit in me.

I've loved my leisurely stroll through your blog and look forward to more.

Take care,
Lisa

Chrissy's Creations said...

Too cute!

Danni said...

How fun!! That is a set that I didn't think I'd like but this is just fun!! Great job!
Hope that next week is wonderful for you!!

Christine Riley said...

What a fun card! I love the design paper.
Hugs, Christine :)

Ashley said...

Skulls and black? Where am I?! This is not my Heather's sunshiny cuteness blog! ;) Very cool card Heather! Way to step out of your box girlfriend!

Jackie said...

Hey Heather!
Cute card and LOVE the colors you used!! I think you have a spy cam in my house girl....I'll be searchin' for it ROFLOL!!

I hope you got all caught up on laundry....I never am!!!

de said...

Love your card Heather! Love the border too! You did a wicked great job! :-)

Cassie said...

hey girl!!

this is so cute! i've been wanting this stamp set!!

i've got 2 emails of yours in my inbox to respond to - just gotta dig out your email! but i wanted to stop here real quick and say that i adore you, and that i hope you are having a beautiful day! will write more later, K? but wanted you to know that I was thinking of you!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

hey Heather!! Hope your week has started better and that things are better now that your husband is home. Love your purple card!! That dp looks like jewelry links.
Take care of yourself!
hugs,

Chris

Maria said...

Hey Heather!! Your skull card is way cool! I love it! My daughter loves that stamp set because she love skull images! Go figure!

Love the purple colors and how you bordered the image with those skull images.

I'm sorry about you know what. . .the stuff you posted on my blog. Actually, that was the first comment I ever received from her so don't feel bad. I didn't even know I was chosen in the 2nd round until someone commented on my blog. I never received an email letting me know so if I didn't receive the comment I wouldn't have known.

Your cards are fabulous so don't feel bad about it. Keep up the beautiful work!!

Maria

Lee (LuvLee on SCS) said...

Ohhh wow!!! That bg is sooo awesome and perfect for the jewelry inspiration!!!!

Nicole Bailey said...

LOVE the background paper! That looks so cool!